Are IQ tests bullshit?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Sin
Veteran

Re: Are IQ tests bullshit?

#31 Post by Sin »

Question: Does SAT's come with multiple choice questions? I heard a lot of tests do that in the US. Those types of tests has always struck me as odd.

The discrepancy in Bush's speeches could just as well come down to him reading off a script versus answering questions, something Bush was notoriously bad at. The latter would require a higher mental alertness and thoughtfulness. Blaming the lack of those on some illness seems premature without the evidence to support it.

But I'm not interested in starting a political debate. Bush is a far too divisive figure.

Speaking of low IQ, I have someone in my immediate family whom is burdened by a "severe lack of afterthought". They're perfectly normal in practically every way, just somewhat socially awkward since this person doesn't fully understand how the real world works. They're very impressionable by TV and movies and they say things without knowing anything about it. They believe in aliens and ghosts and, most telling of all, they can never accept when they're factually wrong. They will argue a moot point to their grave, or until they hear something else on tv.

This person does not compensate with a higher EQ. In facty they're quite incompatible with most other people (myself especially). I don't really believe in EQ to be honest. It seems that the only use for EQ is as a counter-argument for discussions such as this one. A low IQ does not translate into a higher EQ so I don't see why it even belongs.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#32 Post by JinzouTamashii »

lol philosophy: Alexander Turing or heart vs mind.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+did+they+chemi ... der+Turing?
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#33 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

PyTom wrote:Sin >>> Bush had an SAT score of 1206 - which is above the average of 1000. He graduated Yale and Harvard, the latter with an advanced degree. And again, he was elected governor and re-elected president. Both empirically and life-experience-wise, the man is above average.
I don't like the man, I don't think he was a good president, and I don't think he's well-spoken, but you don't become President if you're a moron.

While most of his policy makes me go D: there are things he did that I like, and most of his decisions were reasonable, if wrong, ones.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

JinzouTamashii
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: E-mail me if you wanna rock the planet

#34 Post by JinzouTamashii »

Like, what, Weapons of Mass Destruction? *sigh* Shit, I mean, if they start labelling a martial artist's hands and feet as lethal weapons, we're all screwed.

Only outlaws will have hands and feet!
Don't worry, we can get through it together. I didn't forget about you! I just got overwhelmed.
https://cherylitou.wordpress.com

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#35 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Bush refused to exonerate Ken Lay, for example, even at Cheney's repeated
demands
requests.

He wasn't a big fan of exonerating convicts, especially when the people suggesting it were doing so for political reasons.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.