Show your face, around these here parts

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#76 Post by DaFool »

Thanks for the bump...

It's good to know there are humans on the net.

MalkMad

#77 Post by MalkMad »

hmm

ok, here's me!
Unusually in white! ^^
Attachments
madinwhite.jpg
"He was born with the gift of a laughter and a sense that the world was mad."

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#78 Post by lordcloudx »

I posted this one in the art dumpage thread sometime ago. Might as well put it in here.

Image this was taken about a year ago.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#79 Post by Watercolorheart »

MalkMad wrote:ok, here's me!
Ahh! You are really cute!

What a handsome androgynous beauty ^_^; I also have a weakness for people in glasses ...

(sigh ... )
Attachments
The last picture that was taken of me, I was a bridesmaid at a wedding ...
<br />
<br />But I have a haircut now, and my hair is about the length of Haruhi's after her haircut ...
The last picture that was taken of me, I was a bridesmaid at a wedding ...

But I have a haircut now, and my hair is about the length of Haruhi's after her haircut ...
I'm not even the same person anymore

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#80 Post by mikey »

Here's me and Kathryn. But my hair is a bit shorter now. I look like this smiley here >> :?
Unfortunately in a week or so, it will reach 3 millimeters again... :( And then 5, and then 7... but then I'm getting rid of it again :P

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#81 Post by Blue Lemma »

mikey: I would say you make a nice couple, but are you two in different pictures? ^_^;

MalkMad

#82 Post by MalkMad »

"BCS" Ahh! You are really cute!

What a handsome androgynous beauty ^_^; I also have a weakness for people in glasses ...

(sigh ... )
:oops:
Thank u, BCS!
Happy to know that androgynia is a good thing! ^_^
"He was born with the gift of a laughter and a sense that the world was mad."

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#83 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#84 Post by mikey »

Blue Lemma wrote:mikey: I would say you make a nice couple, but are you two in different pictures? ^_^;
They were taken in the same day at the same museum though - usually the ones that we make together turn out badly (you know, the self-portrait with the stretched-out hand). We should make use of that timed release switch sometimes. (Well of course we make a nice couple, excuse me... ) 8)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#85 Post by PyTom »

mikey wrote:They were taken in the same day at the same museum though - usually the ones that we make together turn out badly (you know, the self-portrait with the stretched-out hand).
This is why when I see a couple trying to take a picture like that, I will offer to take the picture for them. It only takes a second, gives them a good picture, and makes you feel good about yourself.

(And what goes around comes around... I once was in a group picture that a Canadian MP* offered to take of us.)

* Member of Parliament, not Military Police
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#86 Post by mikey »

Exactly, I (and Kathryn even less) hate to actively bug people for this, and there are very few people who offer to take the picture themselves.

Hmmm, was that by any chance in Ottawa?... Actually I loved that city, it has that European style, reminded us a lot of Bratislava, roughly the same size, although a lot of the roads were still right-angled, but a really nice mix of cultural influences there. Well, it was all nice and romantic until I was asked for some pot by local teenagers in the park.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#87 Post by PyTom »

Hmmm, was that by any chance in Ottawa?... Actually I loved that city, it has that European style, reminded us a lot of Bratislava, roughly the same size, although a lot of the roads were still right-angled, but a really nice mix of cultural influences there. Well, it was all nice and romantic until I was asked for some pot by local teenagers in the park.
Indeed it was, right outside of Parliament itself. It struck me how laid back Ottawa was, compared to Washington, DC. When we wanted to go on a tour of Parliament, we got there at 5 at night, and got tickets for a 5:30 tour. (And I think that was just because we wanted to sit down for a bit first... IIRC, 5:15 tickets were available.) We saw many of the best rooms, and even got to go onto the floor of the Canadian Senate.

Compare this to the US Capitol tour I took the next week. They started handing out tickets at 9 am, and you had to be there an hour early to be sure you'll get one. The tour doesn't take you into any of the important rooms, either, just the Rotunda and Statuary Hall.

OTOH, Canada doesn't have statues of Jack Swigert, Philo T. Farnsworth, and Ike. So there's that.

(Bonus points to anyone who can identify who all three of those people are, without looking it up.)

Kelari

Erm...

#88 Post by Kelari »

I don't know who the other two are, but isn't Ike President Isenhower? (Forgive me if I spelled that wrong, Canadian here :P)

*bump*
"Life in writing - it's always loquacious."

NetGenSuperstar
Regular

#89 Post by NetGenSuperstar »

Canada doesn't have statues of Jack Swigert, Philo T. Farnsworth, and Ike....(Bonus points to anyone who can identify who all three of those people are, without looking it up.)
The only thing I can think of for Ike would be Kyle's adopted Canadian brother on South Park. Just throwing it out there.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#90 Post by PyTom »

Ike is, of course, President Dwight D. "Ike" Eisenhower, the supreme allied commander in the European theater of WWII. He is one of the few people to be offered the (US) Medal of Honor... and to refuse it, because he thought it should be reserved for valor, and not just leadership.

Jack Swigert was the command module pilot on the Apollo 13 mission.

Philo T. Farnsworth was the inventor of television. (And inspiration for Prof. Farnsworth in Futurama)

All have statues in the National Statuary Hall Collection, which contains two statues from each state in the USA. (Selected by the state governments, IIRC.)

Hooray for knowledge.