I LIVE~!!!!!... not in my parents' house now!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Mari-chan
Tokimemo Goddess

I LIVE~!!!!!... not in my parents' house now!

#1 Post by Mari-chan »

So hey there, everybody! I'm on broadband now, so I can spend a lot more time actually keeping up on the forums now!!!

I've just moved out of my parents' house as of a week ago, too! Yaay the sweet sweet smell of freedom!! Oh wait, that's just the absence of cat crap to clean up!

SOOO. Lemma mentioned the REALLY REALLY cool thing that happened to me, I notice.

Basically, I got a job. Writing & Developing. For a start-up game company called Okashi Studios. I have business cards now!

This is supposed to be a bit hush-hush, but.... WE'RE MAKING A DATING SIM. IN ENGLISH. FOR COMMERCIAL RELEASE. Not a visual novel, mind you, but a FULL simulation game. Everybody, look forward to it!

http://www.okashistudios.com/

More details later.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

That's good to hear... congratulations on getting a job.

Is there any news you can give us about Okashi? Like how far along the projects are, what platforms they are planned to run on, and so on?

I'm somewhat annoyed that Okashi was at Otakon, and I didn't know about it.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Mari-chan
Tokimemo Goddess

#3 Post by Mari-chan »

Uh. That whole "Okashi at Otakon" thing was basically just me running around the artists' alley scouting animators & illustrators. :oops: I was the only one from the company there... so I guess you can get the same experience by talking to me. XP

Yeah. I was at Otakon. It was right before I moved to the condo with the SWEET SWEET BROADBAND INTERNET, so I didn't really check the forums before I left. >_<

So if you saw a girl running around in bunny ears that weekend, that MIGHT have been me. On Friday, I was wearing a Sailor Moon T-shirt. Saturday, I had a red shirt on under a white blouse and a black skirt. Sunday, I was carrying ALL MY LUGGAGE with me the whole day.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#4 Post by papillon »

Link trade for fellow game studios? :) Although I don't know if you want to bother trying to get web traffic at this point, since there's not much up on the site.

Obviously if you've made retail publishing connections, I'd like to hear about it, since Kishi Kawaii is near-beta and I'm going to be having to make the rounds shortly to see if anyone wants a retail deal to go with the online offerings...

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#5 Post by rioka »

That's wonderful news Mari-chan! Moving, faster connection, new job, and that other thing I don't know anything about. ;)

:whistle: Another PM-like game. It almost makes me want to jump in the fray... 8)
papillon wrote:Although I don't know if you want to bother trying to get web traffic at this point, since there's not much up on the site.
Well, info or not, it's good to develop some form of underground chatter. Hopefully, it won't take the Peachsoft way and just fall flat...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#6 Post by mikey »

I have to say that banner's indication of the story behind the game does sound very familiar... Is there a mini-synopsis? I'm really curious... :P

Mari-chan
Tokimemo Goddess

#7 Post by Mari-chan »

It's got nothing to do with Gakuen Redux. But that's about all I'm at liberty to say at the moment.

Eventually, I might "leak" a few things.... but I've pretty much said all I can about the project at this point.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#8 Post by Blue Lemma »

You guys should've heard her when this all started happening - she was all "YAY!" and super-excited! She was probably bouncing up and down, but it's hard to tell for sure over the phone... :P

Mari-chan's a great fit for the job :D

Piroshiki
Regular

#9 Post by Piroshiki »

Congratulations! Heh, business cards... the essential to any member of the active society.
I'm not a meat bun ~nya

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#10 Post by mikey »

Piroshiki wrote:Congratulations! Heh, business cards... the essential to any member of the active society.
But they are so impractical! More than 4 years ago I bought my beautiful, battery run ^_^, wonderfully non-overfeatured Palm IIIx :P ...

I mean I have the IR technology and even my old Palm OS 3 (not even 3.5) can send and receive virtual business cards that today's cells and other multipurpose gadgets can send - but now, even 4 years later no one sends them to me - instead, it's all about loads of paper that I have to put in (essentially rewriting the business card into my Palm). And when I ask them for a "virtual" card, guess what - no one has one (just a phone number). And ALL of them have the means, the gizmos and everything to start swapping addresses so easily and without fussy cardplays - but somehow... no one does!

It's a strange world...