Just for laughs, Super Ren'Py Wars

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

Just for laughs, Super Ren'Py Wars

#1 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

I figure if Type Moon can have Battle Moon Wars, then some friendly, idle musing about what would be in a similar fangame in the same vein featuring characters from Ren'Py games would be fun. Why the hell not?

Battle Moon Wars, for the uninitated, is a tactical RPG fan-game featuring Type-Moon characters doing battle that... is functionally identical to the combat system in Super Robot Wars, only you have Archer use Unlimited Blade Works instead of having G-Gundam use the Love-Love Ten-kyo-ken. ...okay, maybe that's not a good example because the creators of BMW had Shirou use an attack that parodies the Love Love Ten-kyo-ken, but you get the idea.

DISCLAIMER: Oh god am I not able to actually make such a game. Oh god no. Maybe sometime 5 years down, or after Bliss Stage: Love Is Your Weapon comes out, whichever comes sooner. This is Just For Fun.

With the above in mind, what characters and games would it be fun to include? Don't be bound by sanity here, guys. Ludicrous reasons that characters are combat-capable and even more ludicrous special attacks are the order of the day here.

My picks would include...

Team Ren'Py: Eileen, Lucy and The Girl (Moonlight Walks)
Just imagine for a moment Eileen, in her capacity as a cypher for Py'Tom, using code to attack. Python code. With attack names like Logic Bomb, Call: Python, and Bad Ending.

The Science Girls
Because they're already in the first true RPG made in this code.

The Katawa Shoujo (includes Hisao and Kenji)
Naturally, with stolen attack ideas from the in-development fangame Crippled Heart, of course (which is to this pile of lol whut as the fighting game Melty Blood is to Battle Moon Wars).

Kingdom of Reachfar Expeditionary Forces (Elven Relations / Mermaid Liasons)
Again, already an RPG, and it's an excuse for more Tokho.

Ori, Ochi and Onoe
Ochi's melee attacks are vicious, man...

Again, this is just to generate silly ideas for fun's sake. This is probably never going to be developed, but it's good for a laugh and fanart, which I thought you might find fun.

What would YOU include in Super Ren'Py Wars?
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

Enigma
Veteran

Re: Just for laughs, Super Ren'Py Wars

#2 Post by Enigma »

Well, I haven't even come close to getting it finished yet, but I'd like to include the cast of my work in progress Asu no Arashi. Even if they're all piloting mecha.

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#3 Post by linkdragon0 »

You mean characters from stuff we've done?

Aaron, Jacobson, Maria, and Elsa from my Supernaturls VN.

Tao, Nene, Vestral, Ria, and Yarin from "Nomads."
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Yeah, you've pretty much got the idea. Notes on how they'd attack, enemies/lol-plot, and other silliness are also welcome.

A few I forgot -

Magibou Alchemists (Framboise et al from Magical Boutique)
A support character. Fresh Potions of Strength for everyone!

The Venus Warriors, Veronica Dult, The Author (Pygmalion/Transformation Sequence)
Timothy Talia, Cassandra and Ethan as magical girls/Tuxedo Kamen are a great reason to give them attack powers! And since their love for Venus Warriors was a reference to the Pygmalion VN ANYWAY...

Boss: Selena (When I Rule The World)
Who is she, what is the Agency she claims to represent, and where the hell did she learn attack magic?
It doesn't exist - who encouraged her to believe it does? The Elvenglade has sent an agent to learn the answers...
Boss: Archer, Rin, Saber, Shirou (Fate/Stay Night. No, wait, hear me out)
"You're a hundred years too young to challenge the works of Type-Moon..."
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

linkdragon0
Veteran

#5 Post by linkdragon0 »

Well Aaron would yell "SIS assemble!!" pull out the ReBiG and fire off a bunch of shots as he teams stares.

Tao and his team would have an awesome "tales of legendia"-esque team smash attack.

Uh as for character roles...

Ria is a thief so she'd be doing sneaky things.

Tao and Yarin are swordsmen.

Maria and Nene are magicians, Maria focusing on banishing and every so often summoning a humongous eldritch abomination.

Elsa is a mage but is Completely useless outside of anything else and will occasionally attack Aaron which boosts his power.

Vestral is a healer support character.

A few characters I forgot from my magical girl story I wanna get people involved in, it's a huge comedy so expect no seriousness.

Azami - Swordsmen - flys using her giant chainsaw sword. Also has otaku and lampshade hanging abilities.

Bara - Sidekick for Azami - Helps Azami release her magical girl powers and otaku ability making Azami gain a power level in excess of 9000.

Keiko - creepy transvestite - Has a huge hammer, creepy face. S/he'd be a boss. And a kickass one at that.

I'll more when I come up with them, and if anyone is interested in the magical girl thing PM me or whatever.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#6 Post by F.I.A »

「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

HAHAHAH yes!

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by lepapillonrouge »

XD I haven't actually played a lot of Ren'py games with a lot of action (maybe except Fantasia...) but this sounds like a funny idea!
deviantART
---------------------

IceD
Veteran

#9 Post by IceD »

I don't think it would be impossible to create it, but I'd rather love to see a proper 1v1 fighting game than anything else. :)

To be honest I had such ideas floating my mind from quite along, although it was a game set in a distinct fantasy realm (you know - swords, magic, paranormal abilities and that stuff), an my sis already made some sketches of the characters. I'd be great to such a game invloving characters from our visual novels and Ren'Py mascots fighting each other for good cause/that thing/world domination/evil deeds/whatsoever-you-may-find-reasonable :D It could also promote Ren'Py :)

I've made some simple games before using various engines (the last was o pong/arkanoid hybrid :D), so If project will seriously go on you can count me in, and my sis propably too :) Spriting is alot of fun, although there is an optional way to do stuff - all of the objects and character art animations could be drawn; with proper technique it would take much more than spriting everything from top to the bottom. Eventually, we could always go with lower resolutions to simplify and shorten work process.
Tsundere lightning wrote:Just imagine for a moment Eileen, in her capacity as a cypher for Py'Tom, using code to attack. Python code. With attack names like Logic Bomb, Call: Python, and Bad Ending.
Hahaha, that would be great! You got me with it :D I guess Bad Ending would be her final blow? This reminds me of Guilty Gear series with it's witty looking characters and incredible, outrageous attacks :)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#10 Post by LVUER »

Read Magister Negi Magi. I forgot the chapter, but there is a scene where the character is fighting inside a computer. She uses (and receive) computer related attacks (like Trojan, Worms, Shark, etc). Perhaps it could be a good reference for Eileen attacks?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

I'm going to need to write for this now, aren't I. I should have left well enough alone... :lol:

FIA, who all is everyone in that pic? From top to bottom, left to right I recognize just Tokho, Eileen, wazzhername from Moonlight Walks, and two people who might be Ai and Shiteru but who aren't Talia and Cassandra god knows (wrong hair and eye colors).

May as well add Treasure Island A.N.I.Ma. Corps (Bliss Stage: Love Is Your Weapon) to it, if for no other reason than the puns involving Anna's 2 year old son Archer. (Who is not the bone of anyone's sword, thank God.) That also means that the Nightmares from same can be a major recurring villains.

Making it as a fighting game is also cool, but then it wouldn't be Super Ren'Py Wars. :p Which isn't a problem.

Should I start a thread in Works In Progress for this, BlueLemma, Py'Tom?

IceD
Veteran

#12 Post by IceD »

As long as people are willing to do it, yes :) You can already count me in, I'll help as much as I can.

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

Also: It is programmed in Ren'Py and Py'Game. This is not negotiable. :p I don't think anyone here minds that stipulation tho.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#14 Post by yummy »

There must be a Sunrider team then :D
Asaga & Chigara & Icari combo ^^
Now about their individual and combo attacks... I should leave it to Samu kun here!
Ultimate combo: Uchuu Moe moe Kyun!

linkdragon0
Veteran

#15 Post by linkdragon0 »

I'm not sure if I can help with anything but if you need help then just tell me what it is.

Seriously the whole idea makes me laugh.