What forums do you visit?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

What forums do you visit?

#1 Post by cloudyssky »

Besides here of course, what other forums do you visit?
As for me, just 4chan. (If you're familiar with the site, I visit /a/ and /jp/ constantly. I never go into /b/). Some of the Japanese boards there help inspire me when writing and drawing.
So how about you guys? What forums do you go to when you're not here?
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: What forums do you visit?

#2 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#3 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

Mostly just DeviantArt. It's really the only place I see anime art since I don't actually watch anime that much anymore. I use it as an inspiration wellspring, not just for anime but for graphic design and other forms of illustration as well. I don't usually read fiction there, however. I also don't really visit the forum, so this might be beside the point to the OP question. XD
Live Life Heroically

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#4 Post by linkdragon0 »

Deviantart, A little zelda site called "the Desert Colossus" mainly because the peopke are cool. We barely ever talk zelda.
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#5 Post by Deji »

AllegroDiRossi wrote:Mostly just DeviantArt. It's really the only place I see anime art since I don't actually watch anime that much anymore. I use it as an inspiration wellspring, not just for anime but for graphic design and other forms of illustration as well. I don't usually read fiction there, however. I also don't really visit the forum, so this might be beside the point to the OP question. XD
Seconded x'D;

I don't visit forums anymore, really. I spend my idle times reading manga online, looking at dA, lurking here, reading/watching blogs of people/artists I like, and twitter C:
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

ksotaku100
Regular

#6 Post by ksotaku100 »

the VNDB, mirror moon's forums, the Novelty forums, Nihonomaru, The KS Forums, and others...

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#7 Post by Chansel »

Hmm.. I don't really go to a lot of forums ^^"
This one is actually the only one XD
Mostly just DeviantArt. It's really the only place I see anime art since I don't actually watch anime that much anymore. I use it as an inspiration wellspring, not just for anime but for graphic design and other forms of illustration as well. I don't usually read fiction there, however. I also don't really visit the forum, so this might be beside the point to the OP question. XD
Seconded x'D;
Thirded! (is that even a word O.o)
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#8 Post by curry nochi rice »

Crunchyroll
The Philippine Defense Forums
Cdotaku.com (Local Otaku Group)
This Forum
The KS forums
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#9 Post by LVUER »

Just DA...

Recently I try MangaTutorial Forum, but the people there aren't as fun as here, so I rarely post things there.

Oh, I used to visit LautanIndonesia forums, but don't know why I couldn't open the pages anymore (it's so slow to just open the login page, so I never bother anymore).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by lepapillonrouge »

-__- Well, um, Gaia Online. -hope she doesn't get shot-
I usually only go there to roleplay (but only with one group) and write stories in their Writer's Contest Forum.

And here of course. And dA! <3

I used to be active on Ichigo's Forums, when their roleplay was stil strong. It's otaku level was rather similar to this place. XD;; I don't know now.
When I was younger, I used to be part of the FET Forums as well (it was the forum for Prince of Tennis manga subbers, I think) before it died. -_-; I was very sad, but by then it was taken over by rabid fangirls. Seriously. Fangirls (and fanboys, sometimes) ruin EVERYTHING.
But when you have a series that has a lot of guys, it was bound to happen. XD
deviantART
---------------------

IceD
Veteran

#11 Post by IceD »

Lots of. I used to be an active (at least, quite active) user of few large communities, but those are old times. I usually lurk at TIGsource, Deviant Art and official SC2 forums (yeah, I'm a fan of Starcraft), and of course here :) While it's just mostly lurking, I sometimes drop a post here and there :D and propably anger some people to the extent.

Until not so long ago, I was also a often visitor of http://mangaforum.dmkproject.pl/forum/, which is one of the largest and most active polish boards for manga/anime fans, but I don't go there anymore.

Why are you all telling the name of various sites, while cloudsky asked only for *forums*? =P If so, this thread should be more of a "What other sites and places on net do you visit" :)

Nanashiko
Regular

#12 Post by Nanashiko »

lepapillonrouge wrote:-__- Well, um, Gaia Online. -hope she doesn't get shot-
I usually only go there to roleplay (but only with one group) and write stories in their Writer's Contest Forum.
Hey I go on Gaia too! =) Not as much as I usually did though for pretty much the same reason's. Though instead of writing I usually lurk around their art forums. Roleplaying with a friend (it was friends but now most have pretty much put a hand to my face or vanished from the face of the earth and don't talk to me for some reason.)

I don't talk as much but I still visit Beyond the Camera's Lens quite often. (cause I am that much of a dork for this game.)

Partially Active on DA. Though it is definitely my least active site of all active sites.

Also recently got into SekaiProject forums. Though I haven't visited too much recently due to school/life.

Highest Active Site, even higher than here is e-shuushuu.net <33 It's a wonderful community and I think I would be lost without it.

Tried to get into AnimeSuki's forums. Though I just can't get into it. Might try later *shrugs*

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#13 Post by yummy »

I mainly lurk there because I like people who respect each other past their given opinions.
I also go on Novelty forum, some blogs from planet.renai.us (mainly sake bento's, samu kun's and deji's), information sites such as anidb, otaku tabloid sankaku complex, music ans audio related forums, game dev forums (even though I don't post there).
Recently Tom on IRC (on freenode.net servers and #renpy for people who want to join!) put a link towards a great info board about indie games
I've began to go there on a daily basis since then.

Lanna
Regular

#14 Post by Lanna »

I'm not really active on any forums...I'm too much of a lurker ^^;

I usually only check random Pokémon forums for game news/discussions lol, and umm, admittedly I sometimes like Gaia as well. Though I couldn't care less about 99% of the site, I'm just there for the art haha.

ksotaku100
Regular

#15 Post by ksotaku100 »

Nanashiko wrote:
lepapillonrouge wrote:-__- Well, um, Gaia Online. -hope she doesn't get shot-
Hey I go on Gaia too! =) Not as much as I usually did though for pretty much the same reason's. Though instead of writing I usually lurk around their art forums. Roleplaying with a friend (it was friends but now most have pretty much put a hand to my face or vanished from the face of the earth and don't talk to me for some reason.)

I don't talk as much but I still visit Beyond the Camera's Lens quite often. (cause I am that much of a dork for this game.)

Partially Active on DA. Though it is definitely my least active site of all active sites.

Also recently got into SekaiProject forums. Though I haven't visited too much recently due to school/life.

Highest Active Site, even higher than here is e-shuushuu.net <33 It's a wonderful community and I think I would be lost without it.

Tried to get into AnimeSuki's forums. Though I just can't get into it. Might try later *shrugs*
Same thing here, too. The Gaia Part. I also forgot to mention i'm a member of the Sekai Project Forums...