What forums do you visit?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

Re: What forums do you visit?

#16 Post by Vatina »

I'm here, although not as actively anymore as I once was.

Other than that I visit The Teacup and sometimes the Neoromance forum.

I browse a few others too from time to time, but more for the sake of gathering info than to actually participate...

Lucifiel
Regular

#17 Post by Lucifiel »

A big bunch of random forums...

Certain webcomic forums

Certain manga forums

Certain art forums like CGsociety and a few others... just to like, browse at the art.

Certain webmastering forums

Certain gaming forum(s)

Erm, a forum i visit... which mmm i consider my "secondary home" and it's pretty chaotic. I often visit certain subsections to discuss and read about a wide range of topics like historical, science(soft/hard), political, sociological, anthropological, etc., etc. I was even learning how to interpret the bible in terms of themes and historical context and so on(not biblical literalism)... from someone in there whose knowledge is equivalent to a biblical scholar's. I stopped though 'cos I got really busy and tired. And let's see... there're comics discussions, music discussions and so on... :p

Anyways, I visit random forums on and off... sometimes, I don't even visit a certain forum for a year or two.

There were many more I used to visit but that was like... 10 to 15 years ago, so yeah... almost all of them died down. Or if not, I just don't recall the addresses anymore. I mean... some of them were like what? From 1995? :P

Blue Sky
Regular
Projects: The Perfect World, Mahou Shoujo Daisuki!

#18 Post by Blue Sky »

PokemonElite2000
Ushi no Tane
KS Forums
The Teacup
MangaFox and Onemanga forums
Serebii (Rarely ever go here, too much lag)
DeviantArt
Various writing forums
SerenesForest

In my earlier days, I would lurk at probably thirty or more forums. Never been to Gaia online or Crunchyroll though.

Anthy
Regular

#19 Post by Anthy »

^ You're on Ushi?? >____> ...so am I... hrmm...

Yeah, I'm mostly on certain video game and anime forums... only a few, though...

Blue Sky
Regular
Projects: The Perfect World, Mahou Shoujo Daisuki!

#20 Post by Blue Sky »

Anthy wrote:^ You're on Ushi?? >____> ...so am I... hrmm...

Yeah, I'm mostly on certain video game and anime forums... only a few, though...
I'm a huge harvest moon fan. xD

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#21 Post by rioka »

@ LVUER - I agree. This place is more fun than MT.com forum. Each forum has their own vibe and I think one of the things I like here is the go-to attitude. : )

Anyways, for me...
Manga Tutorials forum (for obvious reasons)
DeviantArt (I don't visit the forum; just check up on people I'm watching and so on)
Indiegamer forum (just to keep track of what's going on in the indie gaming world)
and Manga Tutorials Oekaki Board (much more fun than the MT forum because you draw and comment on each others work :D )

vaanknight
Regular
Completed: Happy Weird-Day! How a freckled fairy can save your world (Or get more freckles in the process...)"
Projects: Nameless 2D Fighting Game

#22 Post by vaanknight »

Ocassionaly I go into http://www.animeosts.net/forums/, but lately I'm completely out if it... It used to be so fun, but most of the old school posters are gone, it's just not that fun without the old pals.

The only one I do visit everyday is The Silent Hill Forum Otherworld, heir of the well known and now gone Silent Hill Forum UK. I'm a huge fan of SH, and if you ever played one or more of them I guarrantee you'll wet yourself LOLing at the "Things SH characters would never say" threads.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#23 Post by LVUER »

And where is that "Things SH characters would never say" threads? I didn't find it...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

vaanknight
Regular
Completed: Happy Weird-Day! How a freckled fairy can save your world (Or get more freckles in the process...)"
Projects: Nameless 2D Fighting Game

#24 Post by vaanknight »

in the "The Streets" section, each one of the Game's threads has a topic for sick jokes on the characters. Try this link to SH4: http://shfotherworld.proboards.com/inde ... 223&page=5

Headache
Regular

#25 Post by Headache »

Nihonomaru.com... Used to be HentaiRu but the site is gone now... T.T

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Showsni »

The main forum I visit it Legends Alliance. There's a Zelda section (which I moderate), but a lot of it is non Zelda related too; some people there have never played Zelda, I think...

Other forums I visit kind of fluctuate with my interests. Magic the Gathering forums (the official Wizards one and one for my local club), Pokémon forums (Bulbagarden, Smogon, Skarmbliss), anime forums (ANN), LotR SBG (TLA, though I haven't visited for ages), general computer games (Gamewinners), and so on.

Esphirisa
Regular

#27 Post by Esphirisa »

Hmm, I'm pretty fickle. I used to be on many different communities at once, but due to schoolwork, I quit most of them, only returning once in a blue moon. However, it's currently the holidays, so here I am!

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#28 Post by rioka »

Yeah, it's tough when you have a busy life. It's even harder if you join a busy community and everything gets updated and the conversation moves waaaaay ahead by the time you come back. n_n;

ForgottenVision
Regular
Projects: The Student Council

#29 Post by ForgottenVision »

I'm a Super Moderator for a Runescape fansite forum called Tip.It, so I spend most of my time there. I also check out the AnimeSuki forums - mainly the Umineko boards but sometimes other anime ones that I'm watching atm like Angel Beats. I also kind of lurk the Television Without Pity's House board to hear people's opinions on new episodes but I'm trying to stop now because all their criticism pf the episodes makes me appreciate the episodes less. I also run my college's Anime Club forums :)
Racheya @ Forgotten Vision Presents...
When Sapphires Cry - Episode 1 [Completed] (Not Publicly Released)
One Afternoon [Completed] - More Info/Download here
The School Council [WIP] - BxG
When Sapphires Cry - Episode 2 [Postponed]

Sheru-chan
Regular

#30 Post by Sheru-chan »

Well, I always check on:

Here, lemmasoft
DeviantArt
Mangafox
Megatokyo
Neoromance
Manga.animea
Hongfire(usually to post just random anime pictures...)

well, that's where i mostly visit...
Currently working on:
Lock On! ~Sins and Atonement~ in hiatus
GXB game.
---------------------------------------
Imouto Complex is active.