Scary stories

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
shahab96
Veteran

Re: Scary stories

#31 Post by shahab96 »

well this field IS one of the few which go beyond the scope of modern science. hard to answer questions are what trigger the human nature of wanting to learn.
The true measure of a man is what he does with his power.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#32 Post by azureXtwilight »

I wonder whether there is an explanation to poltergeist though.

shahab96
Veteran

#33 Post by shahab96 »

probably some dude who died with the last wish of having the ability to annoy people beyond the scope of tolerance.
The true measure of a man is what he does with his power.

Headache
Regular

#34 Post by Headache »

During the 19's, my school's old Band club took a picture for the school magazine. When the picture was produced, there was a gap between two girls and there was another girl in between. Her face was blurred. But the original position of the band members weren't like that at all, and there wasn't any gap between the two students at all.

Before the picture was taken, one of the band members died out of sickness.

I wish my classmates and I could see the picture, but the teachers saw it and threw the picture away, and the band never did have their picture in the school magazine that year. It was an old urban rumour, but some teachers that are still working in my school have seen the picture and they know about it. I guess it was true after all.

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#35 Post by cloudyssky »

Here in Massachusetts, we have the U.S.S Salem. It's a famous haunted battleship nationwide and they throw a wonderful Halloween event. I reccomend googling some lore on the ship. There's stories of how you can still see crew members walking around. I can't say I've seen any, but lots claim to have seem ghosts of sailors.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#36 Post by LVUER »

There is a believe that when something is so old (perhaps more than 100 years), doesn't matter animal, plant, or just thing, could get a soul and live. That's why old places are easier to be haunted than new places.

Why they don't go to heaven? Perhaps these are the reasons:
1. They don't have brain anymore (only souls) so they couldn't think and only bounded by the strongest memory they have when they still live (Bleach implemented this quite cool with the chain thing).
2. They are lost. Finding way to heaven is not easy. Most souls will be lost if not guided. That's why we (or the descendants, or priest) must guide those lost souls, example: by praying, or depending on your religion, burning incense).
3. They can't leave this world for whatever reasons they have. Perhaps revenge, love, their family/dream... could be anything.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#37 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Hmm. This is a very useful thread. (kihihi)

My city is very young (it's about as old as me!), but the next city over is 100 years old, so inevitably there are a few legends.

There's this route between my city and another city that has a lot of twists and turns. Stupid teenagers sometimes drive too fast on that route, and there have been accidents and deaths.
One of them involves a little boy crossing the street. A person will drive and see the boy trying to hitch a ride, drive by...and suddenly the little boy is in the backseat of the car!
I think there's another one about a woman, but I forgot that one...

There's also a house somewhere that my cousin told me about...a serial murder occurred there. Some people (teenagers, again) have tried to go there as a dare (usually during Halloween). I'm not sure if they saw any ghosts though.

This one isn't really scary, but certain times of the year our garage door won't open correctly. It happens at least once or twice a year, and it's around when my grandpa died or his birthday...I think.
deviantART
---------------------

vaanknight
Regular
Completed: Happy Weird-Day! How a freckled fairy can save your world (Or get more freckles in the process...)"
Projects: Nameless 2D Fighting Game

#38 Post by vaanknight »

this looks like fun, lemme post something I read while ago:

"The house I lived in when I was young had more than one spirit in it. There was both good and evil in the house and would be too much to list for one story, so you will be hearing from me again. This is the incident of the ghost in the closet. The house I lived in was very old with all the "old" style fixtures, doors and high windows. My bedroom had a huge closet with a wooden door on it.

Every night, almost every night while I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, I would hear someone tiptoeing to the bed, the floors would creak, and I could feel the presence standing over me and watching me for a few minutes. After that, the presence would turn around and walk away... Into the closet. I don't know how I knew this because during these times I never saw anything... Just felt and heard a presence. At first it totally freaked me out but after awhile I got used to it and it was almost a nightly ritual. I looked forward to this nightly visit.

One evening I was in the bathroom (which was right across from my bedroom) and I saw a teenage girl with long, brown hair walk into the closet in my bedroom. I followed because I thought it was my sister who looked just like this. I spoke out my sister's name, but the spirit just walked right through the door into the closet. I ran downstairs, only to find my sister watching TV in the living room."

tons like this can be read here: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-stories.php

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#39 Post by LVUER »

Now I reminded to a story about one of the most famous/scary/haunted road (outskirt my city, and unfortunately, one of the main road too) leading to one of the most scary/haunted mountain but at same time, most famous as recreation spot (great, huh -_- ). Even if it's not scary, technically it's indeed a dangerous street, especially at night. The road climbs and suddenly go down, and since it's mountainous region, it's suddenly pitch black. And at the end of it, the road suddenly turn sharply (and after that, nothing, free fall...)

So my friends (two of them) decided to go there when it was holiday. They were riding motorcycle/motorbike (and sit in tandem). They went home late and to go home, everyone must pass THAT road. As expected, they fell. The rider/driver injured lightly while the passenger injured heavily (but nothing serious). They were rescued by villagers nearby and told them that they were very lucky, since most of people that had accidents there... died.

Well, indeed that there are many many accidents there, and most of them leads to death. That's why people going there are always proceed with extreme caution.

To make it interesting, some people who survive the accident there, claims to see a vehicle or someone suddenly crossing the street, while obviously there was nothing there. By those people themselves (after they crash) or people nearby (those people claimed that they just fell by themselves). Scary huh...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW