What is your favortie book to read???

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Jake
Support Hero

Re: What is your favortie book to read???

#46 Post by Jake »

lepapillonrouge wrote: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (XD Is it sad to say that this book changed my life forever? Like, seriously?! I know for most people their life changing book is 1984 but...BERNARD! I can really relate to that guy. Knowing how to be an individual simply because he is different...he's like...a teenager XD)
I wouldn't say it changed my life forever, but I did far prefer Brave New World to 1984; the latter seemed rather over-the-top and forced and unbelievable as a result, while Huxley's vision of the future is a lot more plausible, to my mind.
Topagae wrote:Snow Crash
It's odd you mention it, since Snow Crash is a similar kind of thing to the cyberpunk genre. It's a fun book, very enjoyable, but totally over the top and silly in places. On a similar note, I did really enjoy John Courtenay Grimwood's Arabesk series (starts with Pashazade) for a similar reason that I enjoyed Brave New World more than 1984 - it's more down-to-earth, for the most part.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Topagae

#47 Post by Topagae »

The title "Snow Crash" the profession of the numerously named "Hiro Protagonist", and really just chock full of stuff that has inspired computer scientists for decades. I actually read it AFTER I got into college though, my room-mate said if I didn't I couldn't be a real CSC Major and he'd have to "Room-mate disown" me. Heh.

Headache
Regular

#48 Post by Headache »

I love stuff by Sidney Sheldon. Pretty old-fashioned, yeah, but I like his writings. The first book by him that I read was "Tell Me Your Dreams". Fell in love with his stuff ever since.

And R.L. Stine's books. That guy is really good with cliffhangers. You always get to see one twisted end in his stories... You gotta love it.

One of my favourite books is "Man and Boy" by Tony Parson. Gave me a good laugh, and it has a good plot too.

Maybe my tastes are weird, but hey, I like it. :D

Doggy Nino
Regular
Projects: Crystal Hearts (Discontinued)

#49 Post by Doggy Nino »

Yeah alot of people tell me what I read is weird since I'm in love with crime and justice theme stuff...I've just started reading this new book I found at the libary that I picked randomly. It's called "The Contender" by Robert Lipsyte and so far the book has really caught my interest. The story's plot is very good in my opinion at least and the characters to me bring all the excitement! Of what I read so far this makes my second favorite novel which is pretty amazing considereing I'm very picky when it comes to reading a novel that's not very descriptive....Well some other of my favorite manga is...well I just give everyone a new list!

New recently read Manga list:

1. Akkan Baby- At first when I found this manga I thought it was some kind of perverted weirdo series, but once I started to read it and see these drawings it changed my whole judgemental idea about to something compelety different! This was a sweet heartwarming manga that taught a wonderous lessons in life. It's also very funny as well but also has very simulating dramatic plot line as well. I would this manga is for 16 and up. (It's not graphic!)

2.1/2 Prince- If your into gender benders, comdies, and loads of action then this is your kind of manga! 1/2 Prince is a very interesting manga. The art style is spectacular that it sends shivers up spine just thinking about it and is very striking. The plot is very astouding as well there so much drama such as secrets from being found out and tons of love triangles and fangirls in there as needed. ( These fangirls are the hyper-obsessively in love with our protaginist character Feng Lan in the virtual reality game called "Second Life.") I have to say this is one of the greatest mangas I've ever read. ( I really wish it would become a anime....)

3.Beloved Teddy Bear- This a series of short stories made by Kamura Yoko which has very sweet plots I might add. If your looking for A one-shot mostly romantic with a spoonful of comedy short story then this just might be the manga your looking for. I actually was really suprised that I enjoyed these short stories very much since I love justice and crime composed to romance and cuteness. But you can't just help to enjoy this stories when you need some time relax and just read a manga!
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#50 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doggy Nino
Regular

#51 Post by Doggy Nino »

You can read these mangas at mangafox.com! Mangfox is good place they have variety of different manga so I suggest that place cause I read my manga their sometimes.
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Or you could...buy it! -legasp!-

In the US, I think Borders has a good manga selection. XD; Too bad it might go out of business...
deviantART
---------------------

Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

#53 Post by Fluffycrow »

Amazon is your best friend when it comes to shopping for manga. XD I got all of my older series (like A.I. Love You and Sakura Taisen) from Amazon.

Topagae

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit am

#54 Post by Topagae »

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doggy Nino
Regular

#55 Post by Doggy Nino »

Lately I haven't sat down and red like a good book in awhile currently I've just going online to looks up new manga....but snice I've been kind of tired lately I was wondering if someone could suggest a book to me like I said before in my other posts I'm looking for something with comedy. So....yeah that's all I wanted too say.

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

#56 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Harry Potter. Surprised?

The King in Yellow. Greatest horror stories of all time.

The Shining. Master piece of Mr. King.