Looking for one particular doujin game I forgot the title of

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Ren

Looking for one particular doujin game I forgot the title of

#1 Post by Ren »

Having such a useless and rotting brain is a curse.

I wonder if anyone could recognise a doujin visual novel I barely remember, for some reason, but I thought was so peculiar when I played it...
I remember the bit that struck me in particular was the structure: there was some sort of map of sorts, with small bits which would allow you to see another bit in the story. The map was rather poorly drawn, if I recall correctly, and the whole game was in black and white. Also, I /think/ new bits would appear and you could see the story following different trails.

I'm not sure, but I'd say the story was taking place in a very dark town (the kind of place where you'd expect a girl talk to the protagonist in a scene, and offer him flowers, and die in the next one, in a river, without anyone caring that much), and I can't remember there being sprites or anything. In the period I've played this I also played many other VNs from the insani a|ltogether site, so perhaps that's one of the reasons my recollections are so blurry.

Or perhaps my brain is just full of maggots.

The nearest in terms of "feeling" that I can think of are "The noose", "The world to reverse" and "Adagio". I tried looking around the insani site and others, but I didn't find anything. I hope this is not too off-topic a post. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm a bit obsessed with finding it, now.

Sorry for the rant.

CaesMRaenes
Regular
Projects: 軽い夏, The Aces

Re: Looking for one particular doujin game I forgot the titl

#2 Post by CaesMRaenes »

"Night of the Forget-Me-Nots"

I don't know. I play a lot of insani games but that's all I could remember. :/ So you're not the only one with mush for brains.
a.k.a. DragonfaeryYume on dA
The Vault in the Sky (Dev Blog)

Projects:
WIP The Aces
WIP (Head Artist) 軽い夏: The Sun Will Shine Through (tentative title)

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#3 Post by sayuri »

Did you check http://deja-vu.mangasos.com/ ? It sounds like something they would have a hand in.

Ren

#4 Post by Ren »

sayuri wrote:Did you check http://deja-vu.mangasos.com/ ? It sounds like something they would have a hand in.
That was my first bet, but I don't see anything which could be it, unfortunately (I could be missing something obvious, though).

Scout
Veteran
Projects: A Princess of Venus

#5 Post by Scout »

There's two visual novels included in "The World to Reverse." I'm pretty sure you're thinking of the second, Flanca.

Ren

#6 Post by Ren »

I owe you stuff. I'd offer a cheesecake or a Tiramisù, but you stubbornly live in Canada...

I feel so stupid. ;_; I did discount "The world do reverse" because for some reason I was convinced it was just "Allucinate".
I know! I owe you a complete sprite, or something! Sprites don't rot in the mail!

Thank you so much!

*hugs*