What you see looking outside of your window?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: What you see looking outside of your window?

#61 Post by OtomeWeekend »

@Auro:

oh man, what a rich-looking house you got there *_* -envies-
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#62 Post by mugenjohncel »

dott.Piergiorgio wrote: meh, I was unsure to write on the seeing from my villa, because is 100% guaranteed to flare heavy envy, but aside the tree of my garden, fore one can see the Mt. Vesuvius and aft. obviously one of the most renowned gulf in the world... and I guess that is best to shut here and brace for the inevitable envy-driven flamefest
Oh I don't know about that...

Me?... I'm just a poor guy barely making a living who live in such a tiny house but what the heck (posts picture)... but I'll limit myself to windows for now... :mrgreen:

ImageImageImage

"POOF" (Disappears) :mrgreen:

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#63 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Ha ha, actually my house isn't that great. It's miles away from the city and everything, but I do love the pool. The salt water hasn't got strong chlorine so it doesn't hurt my eyes -.- Houses are sooooo expensive here. Which is why I can't afford to move out unless I have 2-3 roommates. I didn't get the grass trees in the picture... I should take a photo of those, they are pretty weird.

Voight-Kampff
Veteran

#64 Post by Voight-Kampff »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Ha ha, actually my house isn't that great. It's miles away from the city and everything, but I do love the pool. The salt water hasn't got strong chlorine so it doesn't hurt my eyes -.- Houses are sooooo expensive here. Which is why I can't afford to move out unless I have 2-3 roommates. I didn't get the grass trees in the picture... I should take a photo of those, they are pretty weird.
Peth, is it?

I seem to vaguely recall that it has the distinction of being the "most isolated large city" in the world. To the east is a continent full of desert, to the west is nothing but ocean, to the south is Antactica, and to the north is more desert, followed by more ocean. I imagine it'd make most items fairly expensive - especially housing.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#65 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Voight-Kampff wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:Ha ha, actually my house isn't that great. It's miles away from the city and everything, but I do love the pool. The salt water hasn't got strong chlorine so it doesn't hurt my eyes -.- Houses are sooooo expensive here. Which is why I can't afford to move out unless I have 2-3 roommates. I didn't get the grass trees in the picture... I should take a photo of those, they are pretty weird.
Peth, is it?

I seem to vaguely recall that it has the distinction of being the "most isolated large city" in the world. To the east is a continent full of desert, to the west is nothing but ocean, to the south is Antactica, and to the north is more desert, followed by more ocean. I imagine it'd make most items fairly expensive - especially housing.
Yep, that's me, and I would not be surprised. That is one of the reasons why Western Australia wanted to separate from everyone else back in the day. It's not so bad now, but we still are about a 4 hour flight from any of the other capitals. We have lots of space though :D We have some of the most expensive houses of most cities in the world, though houses in general in Australia are very expensive. A 1 bedroom apartment 45 minutes from the city was over $300, 000 last time I looked. Which is why I still where I am, no bad thing when I have a pool (though we are close to the sea as well...)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#66 Post by LVUER »

mugenjohncel wrote:
dott.Piergiorgio wrote: meh, I was unsure to write on the seeing from my villa, because is 100% guaranteed to flare heavy envy, but aside the tree of my garden, fore one can see the Mt. Vesuvius and aft. obviously one of the most renowned gulf in the world... and I guess that is best to shut here and brace for the inevitable envy-driven flamefest
Oh I don't know about that...

Me?... I'm just a poor guy barely making a living who live in such a tiny house but what the heck (posts picture)... but I'll limit myself to windows for now... :mrgreen:

ImageImageImage

"POOF" (Disappears) :mrgreen:
Show off! (jk ^_^ )
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#67 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

LVUER wrote:Show off! (jk ^_^ )
No, I'm pretty sure he's showing off :D

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#68 Post by babyfish »

@mugenjohncel: Damn, man. I want your house. XD *gets roadroller revved up*

Here are some pics my mom took this year.

... No, seriously, this is what I see everyday when I look outside. :roll:

Also, we have a chicken wandering around in our neighbourhood(We live in a rather urbanized area), and guess whose yard she laid her eggs in!

God, they were yummy, those eggs. 8)

And some pics of our garden:

And the cherry(??)blossom tree just in front of our house

(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#69 Post by RemnantDream »

babyfish wrote:Also, we have a chicken wandering around in our neighbourhood(We live in a rather urbanized area), and guess whose yard she laid her eggs in!
We have a calf that wanders around our "neighborhood." I use that term very loosely because it's not so much a neighborhood as houses sporadically spread down tow intersecting dirt roads.

But, yeah, cow. Every so often, this little calf will get out of the fence and will just wander down the road. There's also a great dane the will show up at our house and demand food. Also, we had a raccoon come invade out yard.

That's one of the downsides to living out in the middle of the country. Animals flock to you :l

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#70 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

@Mugen: very cool as modern house ;) but this type of interior design can't be applied to my 100+ years old villa, with their thick 1mt. tuff walls)

@ AC: high real estate price in Australia ???? what ?? with all that undeveloped land around ?

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#71 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

dott.Piergiorgio wrote:@ AC: high real estate price in Australia ???? what ?? with all that undeveloped land around ?
It's true. Even if you take away the area that is desert, there is still plenty of land. House prices just went through the roof in the last couple years and now we are one of the most expensive countries in the world. It doesn't make a great deal of sense really, especially when you look at our population vs how much land we have. Water is an issue though...

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#72 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

mh..... I suggest to be really careful in investments &c., what you report is a sure sign that .au will soon follow the bad burst Japan, US and EU already have haved....

Best regards from Italy,
dott. piergiorgio.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#73 Post by jack_norton »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:House prices just went through the roof in the last couple years and now we are one of the most expensive countries in the world.
I don't know the exact details of your home, sqm, and so on but that price is quite cheap compared to some places here in Italy. I always tell my other indie developer friends that Italy is the most expensive place to live in the world. So far everyone that came here on visit (people from France, UK, Usa, Canada, etc) were all shocked and said "how can you live in such expensive place!? you're nuts!".
If wasn't for family and all my pets, I'd be already in another country... :mrgreen:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#74 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

jack_norton wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:House prices just went through the roof in the last couple years and now we are one of the most expensive countries in the world.
I don't know the exact details of your home, sqm, and so on but that price is quite cheap compared to some places here in Italy. I always tell my other indie developer friends that Italy is the most expensive place to live in the world. So far everyone that came here on visit (people from France, UK, Usa, Canada, etc) were all shocked and said "how can you live in such expensive place!? you're nuts!".
If wasn't for family and all my pets, I'd be already in another country... :mrgreen:
I don't know... We have numbers 28, 26, 25, 21, 18 and 16 of the most expensive cities to live in. Milan is not in the Top 30 at the moment, though it was last year. Though we are better off than most of the Scandinavian capitals I must say. http://au.pfinance.yahoo.com/money-mana ... ties-2011/

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#75 Post by jack_norton »

Ah wow didn't know! Even if I think those sites takes in consideration salaries:cost of living ratio... I also forgot to say that was talking about other indies, someone like me, paid in USD, in a country with EUR. Probably indeed the main reason is the always-poor USD to EUR conversion rate :|
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games