Blackspider's Town Heat almost finished

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

Blackspider's Town Heat almost finished

#1 Post by Zintar »

Town Heat is 95% complete and is looking really good. :twisted:

The site has been updated and the screen shots are looking
great. :twisted: :wink:

Check it out!!! http://www.republika.pl/piotrkn22/th/
Feb 26, 2004 - Trinity Riot *hands Zintar the 101 Posts Award*
Feb 25, 2004 - Blue Lemma *awards the 2nd-2nd-Place Shoujo Attack Prize to Zintar*
Nov 06, 2003 - Blue Lemma *hands Zintar the Pointless Post Award*

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#2 Post by Zintar »

A need to correct myself the script is 95% complete. :oops: :mrgreen:
Feb 25, 2004 - Blue Lemma *awards the 2nd-2nd-Place Shoujo Attack Prize to Zintar*

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#3 Post by Blue Lemma »

Yep, it looks like he'll finish! :D

Speaking of finishing stuff, I'm finally working on finishing ToL 2 now :oops:

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#4 Post by Zintar »

Great!!! 8) Any new screenshots??? :cry:

BlackSpider
Regular

#5 Post by BlackSpider »

Well, since my project has been mentioned I'll update on the current progress. First, I didn't put a link to the project on my signature yet, because I already failed my second deadline (which was mid-December 2003) :(. I even no longer have a link to the Town Heat site on my signature when posting to the MT forums. I wanted to wait until the limited release of the game is finally out.

I've already solved all coding related problems. Everything works fine in truecolor(24/32bit) or highcolor (including animations and image/characters blending). Right now I'm improving the drawings and making some extra stuff (there has to be some reward). So far, almost five of the six possible endings are ready, but the overall script needs improvement too. Basically I need to check everything for consistency, and with so many branches it's not that easy. I may not be ready before the end of January, that's why this time I specified the release date as EARLY 2004. Anyway from the 3rd January, I'm working at full speed on Town Heat (full speed for me means 2-3 hours per day).

BTW this disgusting blue dragon on the stats menu will be replaced by anime girls. Their emotions will change according to the player stats, eg. happy Reiko if the player relation with Reiko is the highest of all and exceeds 75 points (You'll be able to make Kenji happy too :)).

And one more thing... I can't wait to play Tol2! I'd love to see some screenshots of the upcoming game :).

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#6 Post by Zintar »

Good luck with the project BlackSpider. :P

I'll be looking forward to it. :wink:

BlackSpider
Regular

#7 Post by BlackSpider »

Thanks Zintar :). It looks like 2004 will be a good year for English fan made dating sims. Everyone (including myself) is waiting impatiently for Tol2, at least a short part of Love Revo should be out, there's that project (hearts on paper) on the MT formus looking very good, and a few other projects I heard about (like Elven relations from Chronoluminaire) that I really would like to see released.

KOE
Regular

#8 Post by KOE »

Yeah, all those game being delayed this year. Oh well, it's for the best though.

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#9 Post by Zintar »

It's a great thing to see a growing amount of

dating sims in the works. 8)

It's a good sign into the not so distant furture of English

dating sims. :twisted: :wink:

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#10 Post by mikey »

BlackSpider wrote:Thanks Zintar :). It looks like 2004 will be a good year for English fan made dating sims. Everyone (including myself) is waiting impatiently for Tol2, at least a short part of Love Revo should be out, there's that project (hearts on paper) on the MT formus looking very good, and a few other projects I heard about (like Elven relations from Chronoluminaire) that I really would like to see released.
Could we work out a sort of list of what's to come? Say like...
- Tales of Lemma 2
- Love Revo Demo
- Elven Relations
That sort of thing. I like to have an overview of what to look out for. :wink: Maybe make a new informative thread or something.

BlackSpider
Regular

#11 Post by BlackSpider »

Well, there is the updated MT faq with a few links to fan projects. Some time ago, I even thought about making a list of all fan projects in the works, but then as I started working on Town Heat I realized how hard it is to make a VN style game. What I mean is that there is absolutely no guarantee that any fan made game will ever be released. So far only flowerthief (The PK Girl) and Blue Lemma (Tol1) have proved enough endurance by making and releasing their games (I'm not counting Shoujo attack because it doesn't belong to that category). Note that even if someone finishes it's project he/she may be unsatisfied with the final result and seriously wonder whether it really makes sense to relase the stuff to the public.

Anyway I forgot to add those to the list :
- Love Fairies (look at Lemmasoft main page :))
- Project Journeys (commercial project, but I heard the demo will be free)
- Dating sim based on MT characters (look at MT story discussions forum)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#12 Post by Blue Lemma »

I think there's a great chance that at least most of the projects will be finished. Many of them are coming along quite nicely! 8) Muto from http://www.mutoanime.com also has a big game, but it's 400 MB and he's having problems finding space and bandwidth for it... :?

BlackSpider
Regular

#13 Post by BlackSpider »

Of course the ones mentioned here have a great chance to be finished :). It's a pity though that I won't be able to play the game made by Muto (until I have DSL). It would take almost 8 hours to download this stuff with my current ISDN connection (that's too much for a limited time account). I bet that if he used ogg or mp3 (downsampled to 64kbps or even 48kbps) sound compression for spech he probably would be able to reduce the file size to less than 40MB. Anyway that's just my opinion...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#14 Post by mikey »

As always, Muto delivers. Thanks for the tip, I think I visited his site regularly, but I seem to have overlooked that "enter" button. :o