Unable to download Lemma sotf's free resources

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
HeapCleaner

Unable to download Lemma sotf's free resources

#1 Post by HeapCleaner »

uh... hi all.. i don't know and not sure if it's the right place to ask this question but i'll ask it anyway... why are all resource links in the page which url i paste below dead ?

http://www.lemmasoft.net/projects_devce ... loads.html

i'm currently making my own visual-novel game, i need a place-holder resource (background/characters/music/sound) to have it tested and showed it to anyone, and i was exited to find it in this site, but as i try to download them i got this :

Not Found
The requested URL /renai/Miko Day 2.zip was not found on this server.

i wonder if there're mirrors or link where i can get the files ?

about the game... actually i haven't think of it yet (story, character, etc), i'm still developing my own visual-novel engine, i'm not that familiar with visual-novel game, i start to like this kind of game since i play kana imoto (one of my fav), and i thougt it would be easy to make game like this from scratch, so i try to make my own , but it actually not an easy thing to do, i kept on rewriting the code along the way. At one point, the development stop as i found two opensource visual-novel game engine (Ren'py & ONScripter), renpy demo blew me away, comparing my own engine to renpy is like heaven and hell, i lost the mood and abandon the project.. but after sometime, i think it's a waste not to finish it, so i set a different goal, i want to finish what i've started ...
hmm... this post gets too weird, so i stop it here

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

I've mirrored Lemma's dev-packs at:

http://www.bishoujo.us/hosted/lemmapacks/

Hm... your engine is called bunny-engine, if I read your blog right. Is this any relation to the hyperbunny organization, or is it just coincidence?

You seem to be using the same SDL libraries that are used by Ren'Py, ONscripter, and most open-source cross-platform game engine. I'm curious... are you using hardware or software surfaces for the display?
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

HeapCleaner

#3 Post by HeapCleaner »

wow, hi PyTom, i'd like to say that your renpy is marvelous (hmm.. i've said that already), thanks for the link... i shall make a good use out of them
Hm... your engine is called bunny-engine, if I read your blog right. Is this any relation to the hyperbunny organization, or is it just coincidence?
yes it's bunny-engine, but i don't know anything about hyperbunny, what is it ?
are you using hardware or software surfaces for the display?
everything is in software surfaces, i draw everything there and blit them to the video memory, i can only get additional hardware surfaces to store bitmaps when running in windows (SDL above dx) or use opengl, but modifying hardware surfaces is too slow (i modified my surface a lot), a friend of mine told me to use fragment shader on opengl to do the job, but it's too complex for me to learn, and i don't need all those stuff if i can get it done using s/w surfaces...