Do you like GxB or BxG?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Subaru

Re: Do you like GxB or BxG?

#61 Post by Subaru »

More on BxG, but because I'd been more exposed to those kinda things lol.
Katawa Shoujo was just beautiful, and one of my all-time faves. I also play VNs a lot more because of their story and not that much on the looks (though it can be a bit of a plus lol).

Right now i can't decide between Katawa Shoujo and Kira Kira. I love Kira kira because of its musical theme, and has a lot of lessons when it comes to following your dreams

MizuuHime

#62 Post by MizuuHime »

GxB, usually. But I don't mind to play BxG too, if I don't have any game to play with ^^;
My Deviantart: http://mizuuhime.deviantart.com/
I am looking for interesting VN projects to help for, PM me if you are interesting getting my help for sprites/CG art!

WatchJessieGo
Regular
Projects: A Flower Remains, Requiem for You

#63 Post by WatchJessieGo »

Both are fine with me, though I don't enjoy dating sims. If it's just a plain old romance story, though (which is what I'd play), I don't care what gender the protagonist is. XD

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#64 Post by ThisIsNoName »

I don't really care what the pairing is as long as it has a good story and/or good characters. I was actually kind of surprised how I was able to get into GxG and BxB games, considering that those were games that I generally tried to avoid before.

Overall, the biggest thing that matters to me is subtlety. Even if a game has awesome story and awesome characters, I might not like it just because of how romanticized it is (I'm looking at you BL! )

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#65 Post by Hayzel »

Er, it's difficult. I'm gay so really the relationships don't appeal to me. However I can stand GxB if they are written well. But most of the love interests have flat personalities or are just recycled from shojou characters that already exist ;w; (Though I notice that LSF otome makers try to stay away from that.)

Nox

#66 Post by Nox »

GxB and BxB.

I'd appreciate BxG if there wasn't so much fan service.

Katty16
Regular

#67 Post by Katty16 »

I love GxB, but that is because I'm a girl
I don't like BxG so much, because I'm a girl XD

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#68 Post by Hijiri »

Nox wrote:I'd appreciate BxG if there wasn't so much fan service.
You'd be surpised how much fanservice GxB games have. It just isn't as physical as BxG games. And not all BxG games have fanservice as well, mind you.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."