Network Setup Problem... Need Help...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Network Setup Problem... Need Help...

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Network Setup Problem... Need Help...

#2 Post by lordcloudx »

Err... why not just jack your main internet connection directly into the wireless router? As for the setup, heh, I'll let someone else answer that since I have no clue.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Melkoshi
Regular
Projects: Jewels of Sytinane

#3 Post by Melkoshi »

You should be able to find a router that has ports for direct wiring as well as wireless. I have mine directly wired into the router, and then have the wireless single reach the rest of the house.

To set it up, I cannot remember the exact steps. But I know on mine it came with software to change the admin settings(such as password and what type of wireless and I think to even disable it), which after installing. my laptop would find the signal and use the password and work. tbh, idk if the software is needed as theres a address you can type to access the admin settings for the router if you have permission.

Your plan could work, but the cheap router in the middle would be pretty pointless unless you needed alot of machines to be directly wired in (such as they don't a wireless receiver such as on laptops or a usb device inorder to)
--- My DeviantArt.
Game in Progress for demo-teaser:
story(script) = 45%
sprites = 100%
programming(interface) = 35%
CGs = 0%
Backgrounds = 5%
Music/sound = 0%

El Presidente
Regular

#4 Post by El Presidente »

Yes as already been said above this plan should work, but one router for both would be enough if it also has fixed ports. Just make sure to set up a password for the wireless network, it is worth the little extra effort.