What kind of world do you like for your second world?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

What kind of world do you like for your second world?

#1 Post by LVUER »

A not too serious topic, just to have some fun (and survey/information gathering on my part)...

Let's say if you could jump into another world or dimension. You only could choose one world, and not another once you decided on a world... but there's a catch, since you could always go back and forth from that world to this world (in case you get bored living there), though you couldn't bring anything from there to here... or from here to there (like your magic ability or knowledge, in case you choose magical fantasy world). Though you vaguely keep a little of your memories from the other world (perhaps only as far as you know who you are in the other world)

And please remember that this is a shared world, so there are lots of other people joining in (or rather, you all are joining in a world that suit your desire the most). So no answer like, world where I'm the king of the world, or world where there's no consequences and I could anything I want...

Oh, and be careful, since if you died there, you died just like the way you died in this world (no continue, no restart, no loading from last checkpoint).

Now the question is: what kind of world will you choose?
- Will you choose peaceful world where there's everything for everyone (an Utopia, perhaps)?
- Do you want to experience the adrenaline pumping action, fighting gigantic alien life-form inside futuristic mecha (Just like Muv-Luv or Super Robot War series)?
- Perhaps you want to try some magic or do those physical-defying movement or even join some guild and hack away some dragons with your friends in fantasy world (like Final Fantasy or Dungeon and Dragons world)?
- May be you just want world that similar to this world, but with far more high-tech life (like Apple Seed or Ghost in the Shell)?
- Do you interested in world where you could travel all around the world, collecting and then trains some monsters, jam it inside a ball (or your digivice, or whatever it is), and then pit it against another monster (Pokemon, Digimon, you name it...)

- Or what? Any kind of world you like?
Last edited by LVUER on Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: What kind of world do you like for your second world?

#2 Post by mugenjohncel »

I seriously wanted to be in a world where giant men in rubber suits fight out while trashing buildings and everything in their path. So where would I enter in all of this?... I'll start an insurance company. Insta-Millionaire!

"POOF" (Disappears)

LVUER
King of Lolies

#3 Post by LVUER »

Wouldn't you get bankrupt immediately if you start an insurance company in that kind of world?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

Mirage
Veteran

#4 Post by Mirage »

I want a world where time stop so I can make as many games as I want.

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#5 Post by Deji »

Magic fantasy world with flying mounts, preferably dragons.
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Robert Kirkland
Regular

#6 Post by Robert Kirkland »

A world where I can do what I want, when I want, however I want, and have no consequences.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#7 Post by papillon »

'No consequences' isn't possible, is it? Even if your other world is a virtual world so no real people can be hurt at any point, there are still actions and reactions and that means consequences. Even if you can reset the virtual world to before you took an action, there are consequences for YOU having known and seen what happened. ... Unless you reset the virtual world and edit your memories, I suppose, but then that gets into the danger of endlessly looping the same actions over and over again.

Perhaps better to work out what sort of consequences you want to avoid?

Some people would enjoy an alternate fantasy world where, for instance, there were no STDs or unwilling pregnancy, so they could have all the wild sex they wanted without THOSE consequences. But having lots of wild sex is still going to have interpersonal consequences.

As for me, while I enjoy fantasy, a high-tech transhumanist world is more reliable and allows you to fake most of the magic you'd want anyway. :) Brain uploading, body swapping, and full-immersion virtual reality means I can have access to an enormous range of experiences while being fairly well insured against death. Then I migrate most of the people I know there and don't come back. :P

If I can't take anyone with me, what good is another world? I guess I could use another world for brief research trips but...

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#8 Post by Samu-kun »

Lekhaka
Regular

#9 Post by Lekhaka »

As for me, while I enjoy fantasy, a high-tech transhumanist world is more reliable and allows you to fake most of the magic you'd want anyway. :) Brain uploading, body swapping, and full-immersion virtual reality means I can have access to an enormous range of experiences while being fairly well insured against death. Then I migrate most of the people I know there and don't come back.
If you're thinking that much about it, then you probably would not take up LVUER's offer for creating anything other than a paradise, because you know, you might not feel so good about summoning a world-full of sentient beings into existence to suffer... And since there's a chance of something going wrong with your imagined paradise, you would probably not take the risk at all. :lol:

Okay, maybe I'm missing the point here? :lol:

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#10 Post by yummy »

I'd choose a high-tech substrat. Instant teleportation via quantum of matter, based on a world made from information theories, where time does not matter.
And where Nagato would be real.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#11 Post by Greeny »

A world just like this world.
Only difference: I take over the world.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

LVUER
King of Lolies

#12 Post by LVUER »

It seems that I didn't explain it good enough in the first post, so there's some minor updates for the first post. Basically it's like this:

The real question is not what kind of world you will create, but rather what kind of world you will choose. And in that world, you are a "no body", not some chosen heroes (so don't choose space monster infested universe since you are not THE ultraman). And remember that you share the world with others (or rather, you join the world that suit your desire the most, though not exactly... so you join all other people who share same desire).

Oh, and this is not a overly serious question, let's have some fun, but still answering the question seriously enough (please...).

My sister say that she want Harry Potter world. Not bad ^_^ I could be want it too...

While for me, I want a world similar to MMORPG world, where we could choose a class and join a guild, and then hacking away at some dragons. Perhaps the world of Fairy Tails (manga/anime) and FFXI (games) would match the most. A typical and classical answer, huh...

DeviantArt Account

J. Datie
Veteran

#13 Post by J. Datie »

The Land of Chocolate, where everything's made of chocolate, and chocolate is half-price. Although, I guess since I couldn't take anything back, I'd just come back hungry... Maybe I could smuggle it past border patrol?

LVUER
King of Lolies

#14 Post by LVUER »

@J. Datie:
Do you really want to live in place like that? Seriously... For starter, that place couldn't sustain life, let alone a comfortable place for humans to live and prosper -_-

DeviantArt Account

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#15 Post by Samu-kun »

Well, you could just visit 15 minutes at a time whenever you feel like you need some chocolate...