What kind of world do you like for your second world?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lekhaka
Regular

Re: What kind of world do you like for your second world?

#46 Post by Lekhaka »

I don't know about the "communist ideal". And to to be honest I don't care about it either. So, yes! You are mistaken.
I asked if you were stating the communist ideal. In the case that you were, it would speed up the discussion as we would be able to use our prior knowledge of communist theory instead of asking you about every detail. In the case that you were not, as you have just stated, then we can discard any assumptions that may have emerged due to your proposed world's similarity with the communist ideal. So...what am I mistaken about, exactly? :lol:

As you have stated your proposal in detail and used real-world points to support it, I will go out on a limb here and assume that you would like it if our real world progressed toward the state of your proposed world (hint: correct me here if I'm wrong).

In that case, you should read up on communism, as it is related to what you envision as an ideal world. You should care about it.

See also: post-scarcity economics

Now my question for you is: do you think your world is possible in a non-post-scarcity civilization?

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#47 Post by Jo'ogn »

Lekhaka wrote:I will go out on a limb here and assume that you would like it if our real world progressed toward the state of your proposed world
do you think your world is possible in a non-post-scarcity civilization?
Yes.
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Chrizine
Regular
Projects: Perios - Chained Sorceress (WIP), Sword vs. Staff (WIP)
Organization: Motdl Productions

#48 Post by Chrizine »

It sounds all nice about this "no work anymore" and only "fun", yes... But there are some necessary works I don't think anyone would consider fun: e.g. garbage removal, sewage works...
And personally, I've never met a person who actually liked "dull labour" - have you? I think those people who do it really only do it for money, because they have to, to keep up their living standard.
So, would be nice if possible, but I don't think so.

And you should really get some information about communism - I also thought of it immediatly.
I was kind of shocked to read you know nothing about it? Aren't you taught about the DDR and stuff in school?
Take a look at Perios - Chained Sorceress!
And also on Sword vs. Staff, my short new project...
And, of course, our blog!
Honest Critique

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#49 Post by papillon »

It sounds all nice about this "no work anymore" and only "fun", yes... But there are some necessary works I don't think anyone would consider fun: e.g. garbage removal, sewage works...
And personally, I've never met a person who actually liked "dull labour" - have you?
a) Robots are a possibility. b) Some people DO feel great satisfaction out of performing fairly boring tasks, if there is notable achievement or praise at the end of them. Certain videogame styles are based entirely around boring repetitive tasks with a lot of "Wow, you're SO GREAT!" that is quite addictive. :)

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#50 Post by Jo'ogn »

Chrizine wrote:But there are some necessary works I don't think anyone would consider fun: e.g. garbage removal, sewage works...
This was pointed out. Considering that today ppl do that on a 40-hours-and-more basis per week, doing it for mere 6 hours per week sounds pretty neglectable in comparision.
Chrizine wrote:Aren't you taught about the DDR and stuff in school?
Instead of comparing all the time, how about using your own imagination and come up with ways which make it work?

~
On this occasion I will add upgrades to ~my~ 2nd World:

- No anime/manga with schools in them
- No ppl under the age of 25
- No "lawn blowers" - rakes all the way!
- no nuclear power plants
- no fire arms
- no mobile phones
- no temperatures below 20°C (besides specifically dedicated winter areas)
- rain and cloudy periods will be strictly controlled
- there are some rules about how women will have to dress in the streets, but I'll leave that one out...
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#51 Post by Snowflower »

Just me and bazilion obtainable guys XD
ahahah fangirl moment

But honestly, I kinda want to live in a Medieval times like era.
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#52 Post by SilverxBlue »

A modern world similar to this world but the difference is magic exists and you get to attend a magical school just to train your powers. So basically, something like Harry Potter but the difference is everyone gets to have magic powers so there would be no Muggles or something like that. Oh, and also there has to be less pollution. (This would be a better place to live for an asthmatic girl like me.)
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Codexus
Regular

#53 Post by Codexus »

Well, if I had to choose seriously then it would be some very advanced sci-fi utopia, like The Culture from Iain M. Banks novels. Long lifespan, pretty much anything I could want will be provided to me by god-like AIs. Sure, a fantasy world full of magic would be a lot of fun, but I'd probably not last a day. On the other hand, any technologically advanced civilization will have no problem providing me with a simulation of an adventure in a fantasy world that will be not only feel completely real but be guaranteed to be fun.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#54 Post by Sapphi »

It would be cool if there was some kind of dimensional crossover world where I could meet certain anime characters.... :lol:

But on somewhat of a serious note, as an artist and storyteller, it would be so awesome to be able to meet my characters on the other side. Let's not think about any consequences that might arise from them realizing that if I'm their creator, the bad things that happen to them were my idea... :b
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Chrizine
Regular
Projects: Perios - Chained Sorceress (WIP), Sword vs. Staff (WIP)
Organization: Motdl Productions

#55 Post by Chrizine »

I like Codexus' idea... the argument that a fantasy world could be simulated in the hightech one so one can have both is quite convincing ;-)
Take a look at Perios - Chained Sorceress!
And also on Sword vs. Staff, my short new project...
And, of course, our blog!
Honest Critique

Lekhaka
Regular

#56 Post by Lekhaka »

SilverxBlue wrote:A modern world similar to this world but the difference is magic exists and you get to attend a magical school just to train your powers. So basically, something like Harry Potter but the difference is everyone gets to have magic powers so there would be no Muggles or something like that. Oh, and also there has to be less pollution. (This would be a better place to live for an asthmatic girl like me.)
Isn't our real world like this? (minus the cleanliness part) At least in "developed" countries, you get to attend a school to train your power. Everyone gets to have this power; it is intelligence.

If magic is omnipresent it would not be magic.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#57 Post by SilverxBlue »

Well, I just wanted to have an easier life or something like that.. :) I just wanted something a bit like the Harry Potter world.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#58 Post by Elenakiara »

SilverxBlue wrote:Well, I just wanted to have an easier life or something like that.. :) I just wanted something a bit like the Harry Potter world.
Oh yeah, like when they clean and it all places itself in the right place? xDD <3 Or fixing stuff without actually using our hands and material when it's broken into pieces?
Me, I'd definitly like to try and fly in that world! xD Not too high up though... and I'd raise dragons! <3
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

Argeus_the_Paladin
Veteran
Projects: Rzeczpospolita Polska 1647

#59 Post by Argeus_the_Paladin »

One Province Minor - 120 class variables and still counting!

Because there is no such thing as too many variables.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#60 Post by SilverxBlue »

Elenakiara wrote: Oh yeah, like when they clean and it all places itself in the right place? xDD <3 Or fixing stuff without actually using our hands and material when it's broken into pieces?
Me, I'd definitly like to try and fly in that world! xD Not too high up though... and I'd raise dragons! <3
Yeah, life would be so much easier that way... I would also raise dragons :D and maybe try to play their cool sport quidditch. :)
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!