Ethnicities on Lemma Soft Forum

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

Ethnicities on Lemma Soft Forum

#1 Post by Snowflower »

Hello,

This maybe a pointless forums but I wanted to create a topic like this. I apologize if it has been done already.

I saw that people from all over the world has an account here, which I though was really cool the fact that this many different kinds of people loved VNs so much <3
Even if some are more advanced English speakers than others, the fact they we can converse amazes me.

Anyways, back to the point of this forum. I though it'd be cool if everyone just posts where they are from, they ethnicity, and an interesting fact about themselves, or their interests.

I'll start first then.

I am currently living in California (US) but I am most likely moving to th east coast next year due to college. Anyways, I am Korean American and was born here in Los Angeles. I lived in Korea for about 5 years though. So I'm fluent in English and Korean, knows a lot more than most people in Spanish because I learned for 4 years. I know little Japanese (studied for 1 year).
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Kael
Regular
Projects: Roaming, Red Snow??? Some others as composer.

Re: Ethnicities on Lemma Soft Forum

#2 Post by Kael »

Oh well, a simplified story of my journeys:

I was born in Italy, Genoa.( My father is Italian and my mother Spanish.) We lived there for probably 7-8 years. Then, we moved to Spain for 2 years. After that we moved to Chile for around 6 years, I mastered my Spanish there. Currently I've been living in Mexico for 2-3 years. We might go to Chile once again in a couple of years, I'm not sure yet. All in all you can find a great variety of different people and ethnicities where I live, most of my friends are from France/Spain/Germany and they all travel back to their own countries and vice-versa. My ex-girlfriend was from Japan and I know a lot of Koreans around here too. Hopefully I'd get to stay in one place at the future, but if I look at the bright side, I've met really nice people from all these "trips", so I don't regret it at all.

As far as I'm concerned I'm fluent in English, Spanish, Italian and some others not well-known languages. I'd really love to learn an Eastern language but I'm just too dumb for it. Something interesting about myself? Hmmm, the main plaza in Genoa wields the name of my family, it was dedicated to one of my ancestors for the restoration of the port. That's all I suppose. Sorry, I hope it wasn't too boring.

Thank you for reading.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#3 Post by KomiTsuku »

Long story short, I am an American, from Iowa in the United States. I've spent years studying English and a few studying Japanese. I'm easily more fluent in English, seeing as I've spent my entire life in an English-speaking country, as well as being a freelance literary editor for the past eight years. Shockingly enough, I only have two years of college. My money ran out, so I had to get an actual job. Now I fly all over the world, saving the day.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#4 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I'm a Filipino, living in the Central Region of the Philippines. We are uhm... a land of farmers, I think, but I am NOT one XD
I lived for 12 years in a village near the riverside, but even though our home's flood-proof (There's this storm that hit before in our country that some areas had their water level till the second floor. No joke.), we had to transfer residence due to the crampness of our home.

Even though I live in the province, I study on the capital, which is Manila. I study now on a science high. We take some trips there EVERYDAY from our home in the province. And the trip is less than an hour 8D

My total fluency began when I started researching about novels when I was in third grade and started practicing fan-dubbing and voice acting. I try to mimic actual voice actor's voices sometimes, which developed accents. And I read VERY fast. XD

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#5 Post by SilverxBlue »

I also live in the Philippines in Metro Manila to be exact. Even though I am Filipino, people sometimes question me if I have mixed blood since I'm too tall for my age and I have some sort of almond-shaped eyes. I am on my final year in High School and I would be taking up Business Management in College.

My English skills started to develop when I was a child. (Having a mom coming to and from America really helps.) My mom started teaching and training me to read books since I was maybe 4. I started with the classic works of Dr.Seuss and then the literary pieces I've read grew more advanced as the years go by. Thus, giving me a good proficiency skill in English and a passion for Novels and writing.
I wanted to learn an Eastern language too and I was given a chance to learn the Korean language because my current school has Koreans studying in it, and well it seems that I can't learn it, because when I ask my Korean classmates for help I easily forget what they teach me. T_T

@ Lumen_Astrum- I envy you. You still get to study in Metro Manila and you can smell the fresh air in your province. I have a bad condition of Asthma and the pollution here in Metro Manila kinda makes it worse.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#6 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I am Australian nationality but I couldn't name my ethnicity because I do not hold any strong ties to any particular cultural groups. My mother is a couple generations Australian, but further back we are English (not convict back, later than that). My father was born in Scotland but both his parents are Irish. Red hair runs on both sides, though I ended up with brown hair. I was born and raised in outback New South Wales and currently live in the Northern suburbs of Perth, the capital of Western Australia. We drove over from east to west, a four day car trip. It was amazing, especially seeing the Nullabor, an extremely flat desert plain that stretches for miles, and the Great Australian bite, with it's sheer cliffs and crashing waves.

I spend my time around people of many cultures and nationalities. The northern suburbs have a strong population of English and South Africans. The university I went to had a very large percentage of people who were Asian and Middle Eastern (international students, not residents), though there were many other people, including a significant percentage of people from European nations like Norway, Sweden and France. I would suspect that they may actually outnumber the number of Australian students.

I can only speak English unfortunately and I only know a tiny bit of Japanese that I learnt in school. And that is about it :)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#7 Post by lordcloudx »

I'm a Filipino. I'm from Iloilo City which is located in Panay Island directly to the right of Palawan on the map.

I'm an AB Political Science Major and will be earning my Bachelor of Laws degree on the 26th. Basically, the Bachelor of Laws degree qualifies as a 2nd major but my main goal is to pass the bar this November, of course.

Now for something interesting... hmm... lesseee... they sell pirated DVDs and CDs inside some select stalls in shopping malls here. Also, you'll find lots of legitimate looking cellphone repair shops within said malls offering to "modify or upgrade PSP GO and 6.35 firmware to full version," which is their way of saying, "we gonna install custom firmware on yo psp for a fee, lolz!"

Carrying knives and other types of deadly weapons is prohibited by law here but that doesn't stop the Chinese merchants from blatantly selling Balisongs (butterfly knives), knuckle dusters and switchblades inside so-called "Adventure Shops" or sometimes out in the open on the sidewalks - fun place, eh?

Oh, something about me... I love Hatsune Miku! :D
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Lotus
Veteran
Projects: Unnamed Slenderman VN, Secret 10560

#8 Post by Lotus »

I'm American and was born in California but I have no memories of California because my family moved to New York a few years after I was born. Because my dad was in the military every 3ish years we would have to move, so I've lived all over the east coast. I've lived in California, New York, South Carolina, Delaware, and Tennessee (which is hopefully where I'm staying). My dad retired in 2008 I believe, and we've been living in beautiful Tennessee ever since c:

Have to say that I really miss South Carolina though; lots of fun times at the beach, and I especially miss driving up to the Krispy Kreme place and getting hot doughnuts xD One time we got there just as a batch was coming out, and we got free doughnuts! Good times.

Believe it or not, my mom and and met while they were in the military, in Greece. My mom quit the military to raise 3 kids, one of which they had while they were still in Greece. The other two kids were just born in silly old California, bah. I wish I could say I was born in Greece xD I'm the middle child, btw.

Whenever my dad was stationed overseas he would always get us something. When he was in Germany he got me a porcelain doll, the first time in Korea he got me a traditional Korean doll all dressed up, and the second time in Korea he got a bunch of stuff xD Let's see, he got us these really weird chocolates (There was like ginseng, wasabi, and cactus. The cactus chocolate tasted like strawberries but I wouldn't recommend the other two), he got my brothers decorative wooden swords, these really pretty blankets, another traditional doll all dressed up, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

I only know English; I took 3 French classes in high school but I only remember an inkling of what I was taught D:

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#9 Post by papillon »

White American raised in Tennessee and now living in England. I took French in high school but only retain a tiny bit of it. My parents met in the military but reserves only (I was born in a military hospital though). So, some interesting connections and contrasts with Lotus, n'est-ce pas? :)

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#10 Post by Deji »

I'm from Chile.
People here don't really care about ethnicity unless your last name sounds very foreign and/or you actually know grandparents or great-grandparents come from somewhere else. Otherwise, people are assumed Spanish + some degree of native blood + some probable french/italian/dutch/german/english mix somewhere.

From my mom's side, I can trace my grandparents' families back to Spanish and French immigrants in 1700. Most of the families mixed in between all have similar backgrounds and lived on the same area of the country for generations until they moved to the capital city in early 1900.
I have no idea of the story of my father's side. I'm pretty sure there must be some amount of native blood mixed on that side, since his skin is darker. I inherited most of my traits from his side - brownish/orange skin and default brown eyes and brown hair.

About me, I went to Design school to a big name university here and dropped it on first year after I realized I sucked at it, and to Engineering school at the same big name university and also dropped it after getting bored of numbers. Then I studied illustration on a crappy institute.

My first language is Spanish, and I learned English in high school, internet, cable tv and a trip I took to Scotland once.
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Lotus
Veteran
Projects: Unnamed Slenderman VN, Secret 10560

#11 Post by Lotus »

@Papillon Now that's just freaky xD

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by SusanTheCat »

I'm white Canadian. I learned French in school and have kept it up since New Brunswick is the only officially bi-lingual province in Canada.

I've been living in the Maritimes (East coast of Canada) for the past 20 years. I love it here. The attitude here is very laid back and polite.

I am a web developer for a rural internet company (Satellites and fixed wireless).

I'm 6'2" (188 cm) I have three cats and the smartest dog in the world.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

chensterrain
Veteran
Completed: Lucky Rabbit Reflex!, Dusk ~A Moonlight Romance~
Projects: Edge of Elsewhere
Organization: Super63
Tumblr: supersixthree
Deviantart: chensterrain

#13 Post by chensterrain »

I'm from the UK, half Nigerian, half Jamaican-with-a-bit-of-Chinese. My parents both came to the UK from their respective countries, but I can't say I've spent much time in either of 'em. :B I was born in London, but was sent 'oop north when I was eleven and escaped to Scotland for a few years to do my degree.

In terms of languages and whatnot, I've pretty much forgotten most of the ones I've studied; I graduated uni with a Japanese degree a few months back so I'm fairly fluent in Japanese, though it's been a fight to actually retain any of it. I can read French, but my speaking ability's pretty much gone, and I used to be able to speak Russian, but that went pretty quick. So much time wasted! :/

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#14 Post by Elenakiara »

Born in Moscow, Russia from two russian parents, so our ethnicity is Russian I guess. xD Next, we left to Ohio, USA(I was 4 years old) when my dad got a scholarship there... xD I learned English there. Then, when I was seven, my dad had finished his studies and got a job in Montreal, Canada. We've moved 3 times since then, but all on the same island (it sounds really cool to say that we live on an island though xD). I learned French here, but never lost track of my other two languages... So I'm here now. xD
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by SusanTheCat »

Elenakiara wrote: Then, when I was seven, my dad had finished his studies and got a job in Montreal, Canada. We've moved 3 times since then, but all on the same island (it sounds really cool to say that we live on an island though xD).
What part of Montreal? I used to live in Beaconsfield and went to John Abbott College.

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas