Blue Lemma's Development Journal

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#151 Post by rioka »

:nods: I think this goes back to what a person is used to. If someone's coming from a big forum like GoGaia and coming here - of course, this place will look dead. But seriously, dead would be when no one's talking for months on end like the Freetype forum. Now that place is pretty dead, imo, despiste attempts to revive it. :?

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#152 Post by Blue Lemma »

February 10, 2006 - Still plugging along :D

Here is a screenshot of the "mystery project" that's been in the works. It's a ren'ai RPG:

http://lemmasoft.net/stuff/demoshot.PNG

Left Ventricle

#153 Post by Left Ventricle »

So what, no Tales of Lemma 2?

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#154 Post by musical74 »

Tales of Lemma 2 got shelved quite awhile ago, but I'm not sure if Lemma abandoned it altogether or just put it aside.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#155 Post by mikey »

Blue Lemma wrote:February 10, 2006 - Still plugging along :D Here is a screenshot of the "mystery project" that's been in the works. It's a ren'ai RPG: http://lemmasoft.net/stuff/demoshot.PNG
OMG, I have completely overlooked this project! Was that the IntRenAiMo entry?

Hmm, TOL2 is on hold, and... *checks calendar*, more time has passed and it's once again time for me to suggest a simple announcement on the nonpresent TOL2 page, about the status of the project. Even a white page with a simple message is good enough, just letting people know how things are. There is certainly that much time...

Code: Select all

<html>ToL2 has been abandoned for the time being. (or whatever message is appropriate for the status of the project)</html>
This goes into a blank Notepad, Save As.. tol2.htm, Upload to lemmasoft.net, and it's done.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons I don't make announcements on my page, once you make it, you should update its status. Also, I find it really puts the project into a bad light if it commits itself to having a page and then does not keep its visitors informed, if only to say "hibernated until further notice".

It's not like I'm trying to be the smartass here. It's just that Lemma Soft has built up a reputation, so why risk to lose credit by having an outdated webpage. There are several smooth and simple ways to make a webpage neutral, so it can stay online for all eternity without putting the team under pressure, or fuel unwanted expectations.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#156 Post by Blue Lemma »

I've wrestled with that whole issue, and I decided I wasn't going to post anything until the next game is done. I guess I'm disappointed in myself for these last couple of years, and if I want to get Lemma Soft back into a respectful position again, I need to do it by virtue of the finished games. There will be a rebirth of the site when the next game is done. I think it will be surprising as to what pops out, anyway...

Thanks for your concern, though ^o^

I think the forum will be okay, though, since it's hosted on a different domain and has links around the net. Most new links go straight here, I believe.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#157 Post by rioka »

Wooooow, nice screenshot, Blue Lemma! I can't believe I missed that too. >.<

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#158 Post by Blue Lemma »

July 25, 2006 - Something good coming very very very soon~ :wink:

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#159 Post by monele »

Ooohh ? *camps with cookies, waiting for the revelation*
Last edited by monele on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#160 Post by mikey »

Well of course, it's near the end of the month and Blind Love is due to be released soon! :wink:

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#161 Post by Blue Lemma »

Well something else then! :wink: :P
Check the site tonight or tomorrow! 8)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#162 Post by mikey »

^_^ I just wanted to put a bit more pressure on eclipse with that, of course my guess is Hanafuda Club and hopefully a relaunch of your website (if you don't do that, then grrrrr...) :wink: Hmmm, maybe I should also find out what a "hanafuda" is, it's probably some kind of a puzzle game. :?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#163 Post by monele »

mikey wrote:Hmmm, maybe I should also find out what a "hanafuda" is, it's probably some kind of a puzzle game. :?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanafuda (if you *really* want to know ^^)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#164 Post by musical74 »

Lessee....t's near the end of the month....BLIND LOVE should be released soon...Lemma says he's got something planned very soon too...

*sees monele is camped out with cookies, and decides another person won't hurt, brings more cookies so monele doesn't starve*
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#165 Post by monele »

Mmm! KUUKI wa oishii~ Arigatou ^^. *builds a little Ren'stop, in case there's rain*