Blue Lemma's Development Journal

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#136 Post by Taleweaver »

That would be mostly everybody who's ever started a thread in the GameDev forum here :)

Py'Tom is da man if you're going for a VN or DS. If you need an artist, there's mikey and eclipse/Rio. We have someone who can write music, and Blue Lemma is a talented programmer.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#137 Post by mikey »

Taleweaver wrote:If you need an artist, there's mikey and eclipse/Rio. We have someone who can write music, and Blue Lemma is a talented programmer.
No no, I'm not an artist. Kathryn does that, and although she isn't present at the forums (I suggested that once or twice but I'm not going to force her into it and besides, that working relationship is producing results so why change), she is very much a core team member, so I'm afraid I can't borrow her ^_^. You may want to ask Dre or Labbit, or Sai, although the general suggestion is you make the "wireframe" of your game first. If you don't it will be tough to get truly comitted people. Nevertheless, it's not impossible, so hang in there. :wink:

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

help

#138 Post by lina inverse »

i need an artist and an programmer for my characters
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#139 Post by rioka »

If you need team members, you should ask in the Game Makers' Corner here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewfo ... 31e678cb40

lina inverse
Regular
Location: im stucked in a big pitt in the Auburn Wilderness :'( for the twentyest time this year!! F*CK!

#140 Post by lina inverse »

ok
red hair
not tall
very cute

money, boys, sex, games, sport and shoping is all

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#141 Post by Blue Lemma »

July 1, 2005 - I've been working on a unique type of game now... a few people know what it is, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up until I at least have a demo finished. I really really want to get it done in time for Kumoricon this year, though >_< (Portland, OR Labor Day weekend)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#142 Post by Megaman Z »

Blue Lemma wrote:July 1, 2005 - I've been working on a unique type of game now... a few people know what it is, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up until I at least have a demo finished. I really really want to get it done in time for Kumoricon this year, though >_< (Portland, OR Labor Day weekend)
well, that rules out SA2... I still can't wait to see what it is, though.
~Kitsune Zeta

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#143 Post by Blue Lemma »

July 21, 2005 - It looks like I won't be doing Kumoricon this year after all :( No new games...
BUT! I've been making steady progress on a game with some people, and it's one I've wanted to do for a *long* time! A little game-making everyday should do the trick :wink: I think I'm going to use the Shoujo Attack! strategy and make the first goal a demo to wrap some stuff up and help keep everyone motivated. We'll see when this happens, though.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#144 Post by Blue Lemma »

August 3, 2005 - Still working on the same game. Things are going very well 8)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#145 Post by Blue Lemma »

August 10, 2005 - Things are still going well! I work on the project everyday and have good momentum now 8)

wind
Regular

#146 Post by wind »

Nov. 2, 2005: does this mean something has come up?

this community seems so dead... but anyway try to get atleast one game out this year.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder

#147 Post by Blue Lemma »

Heh, nope - still working :D

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#148 Post by mikey »

wind wrote:this community seems so dead...
It doesn't have that many active members. But in terms of output, seen globally, 2005 was the best year yet. We've had I don't know, maybe around 10 games released this year. Also, it seems to me that even if there is a drought at some point, we've never really reached a dead end, there's always something going on behind the scenes. In fact, I think more people are now more cautious about discussing their projects and there are no big-mouthed announcements (at least not on these forums). Usually every developer will start a small thread for his game and discuss everything there. It gets the job done better than having to make a website and a new forum for a project. Well, I could go on about this, bottom line is that the core members of the community are really very dedicated, so even if it isn't flourishing, it isn't dead, I'd say the activity is similar to other communities of the same family (MegaTokyo, Haeleth, PeachPrincess...)

In 2003 there was only 1 game, in 2004 there were 4. Now there are 10 (or so). Just some stats. Personally, I have played all of them, but I don't know whether everyone else has (GR is a monster). Plus, there hasn't been much response to the alltogether releases, frankly I would think there'd be much more discussion about them.

One factor of why things quiet down a few days after a new game is done is simply because they're very small. It is an effort counted in months for the maker, but in hours (if not minutes) for the player.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#149 Post by rioka »

mikey wrote:Plus, there hasn't been much response to the alltogether releases, frankly I would think there'd be much more discussion about them.
Maybe folks are just too busy to play them. I know I am... =)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#150 Post by musical74 »

I'm going to disagree with wind, and in doing so agree with what mikey said...

While there may not be a whole lot of active members, those that do post post quite a bit. While there may not be many games circulating around in the forum, there is a lot of responses to various posts. I check almost nightly (does that make me a lurker?) and there has yet to be a night where someone hasn't posted something - sometimes several somethings. The community itself, I think, is thriving. :)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.