Blue Lemma's Development Journal

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#46 Post by Blue Lemma »

*sigh* If only I was a faster writer... That's where 85% or more of my time is spent. I'm seriously SLOW at it. I mean SLOW! :cry: I'm too much of a perfectionist :( But when I draw and program, I'm amazingly fast 8) If there are any people out there who want to work on writing a script, be my guest, and I'll game-ify it for you. ^_^

Going to the mall tomorrow to soak up the AC and work on the script all day. I'm going to make myself finish :twisted:

Unicorn
Regular

#47 Post by Unicorn »

Blue Lemma wrote: I *realistically* estimate that a game will be ready in 2-3 weeks since I'm working on it every day and finishing the art myself now ^_^
Just a small reminder... :twisted:

That was on Wednesday, July 21st, so there are still two days remaining if you want to meet your ambitious schedule. :wink:

Jerails
Veteran

#48 Post by Jerails »

Dun dun dunnn!! *Flips the Alost-Time-To-Panic switch*
It's been a while, folks!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#49 Post by mikey »

Unicorn wrote:Just a small reminder... :twisted: That was on Wednesday, July 21st, so there are still two days remaining if you want to meet your ambitious schedule. :wink:
tick... tack... tick... tack... Two days... 7:37 a.m. ... and we WILL be waiting... :twisted: :twisted:

Hmmm... but anyway, 2-3 weeks isn't an exact date, right? I was (ok, the truth comes out now :? ) TESTING the very last parts of River Trap WHILE it was uploading on that Friday... If there'd be a bug, I'd cancel the upload and it would never come out on time, because I had to go away for the w/end (okay, there'd be a release three days later, but I didn't want to disappoint people once I announced it). So what I want to say is... err... uhm... you get the point, right?

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#50 Post by rioka »

lol He's probably doing one of the following right now:
1) screaming at errors
2) pulling his hair out
3) keeping his blood-shot eyes open
4) is drinking too much coffee...
5) sweating profusely cuz he knows rabid ToL fans will converge in him at any moment...

Jerails
Veteran

#51 Post by Jerails »

*Would've probably already been waiting outside his house had there not been school*

Tom Bombadil
Regular

#52 Post by Tom Bombadil »

*returns from summer music camp*
It's not done yet? :cry:
*converges on BL*
Meh, I don't feel like coming up with a sig right now....^_^;;

Grey
Veteran

#53 Post by Grey »

eclipse wrote:lol He's probably doing one of the following right now:
1) screaming at errors
2) pulling his hair out
3) keeping his blood-shot eyes open
4) is drinking too much coffee...
5) sweating profusely cuz he knows rabid ToL fans will converge in him at any moment...
Or at least you hope so anyway :roll:

Poor Lemma. Just nobody put him off by mobbing his house along with a fat crossdressing Miko cosplayer *denies Megatokyo obsession*

Tom Bombadil
Regular

#54 Post by Tom Bombadil »

Poor Lemma, indeed. :(
:twisted: *stalks Lemma*
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it out yet?
Is it-

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#55 Post by Blue Lemma »

I guess I owe you guys an explanation and update :(

The writing has been going even slower than usual. I have the worst ren'ai writer's block ever! >_< I think it's largely because I haven't had any interaction with females my age for months now (working all day at a tech place, don't know anyone around town except Blackstream), And so it's hard :cry: Where are all the girls? :cry:

*somewhat depressed* :(

If anyone reading this is a young woman who lives around Portland, Oregon, let me know! Please! I'm going crazy! :shock:

At least I will see women when I get back to college ^_^ It's good to have a gender balance in your life :D

Anyway, I'm trying to force myself to finish the writing, and I'm working on [another secret project] plot and organization, too. But for now it's mostly the forcing >_<

Sorry for these bad delays. :(

Jerails
Veteran

#56 Post by Jerails »

Eh, don't worry too much about it. We're a very forgiving fan-base! As long as your honest, we'll be happy to wait, albeit a tad disappointed.

And what's this about a secret project you speak of? Hmm...I wonder...*Is still on ego trip, thanks to an ankle sprain during v-ball practice, is now on the cheering squad*...Perahps it's a demo of a possible future layout for Shoujo Attack 2? Or perhaps it's something to help get in the writing mood? Either way, I'll be happy to wait around for a while, school's pretty distracting, and our Halo/Unreal club is pretty fun as well!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#57 Post by mikey »

Blue Lemma wrote: Where are all the girls? :cry:
Well, summer time in Bratislava is the opposite - whenever I go biking, shopping or to work, all I see is miniskirts and pretty ladies. I'm overgirled! :cry: That's distracting you know... Luckily we're going out for some kart racing with the guys, so that should bring the balance back... :D

And like the others said, we don't mind waiting. 8)

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#58 Post by rioka »

Aww, poor Lemma. Too bad you don't live in NY. You can hang out with me and my girlfriends. You know, we usually invite our various male friends to hang out with us but they usually turn down the offer as they're uncomfortable being surrounded by a bunch of women. What's up with that? :\

Another project, huh? Interesting....

Jerails
Veteran

#59 Post by Jerails »

Well, opportunity has knocked Blue Lemma, will you accept?

Tom Bombadil
Regular

#60 Post by Tom Bombadil »

:cry:
Blue Lemma wrote:I have the worst ren'ai writer's block ever! >_< I think it's largely because I haven't had any interaction with females my age for months now (working all day at a tech place, don't know anyone around town except Blackstream), And so it's hard :cry: Where are all the girls? :cry:

*somewhat depressed* :(
Sounds like the opening of a ren'ai game....>_> *comforts BL*

That, and all the stuff about it being okay and us being patient said....
Is it ou-nah, I won't start that again.

Well, take your time. Quality over speed....especially now that I have Kasuka to fill the gap till release day ^_~