Game character that infuriated you the most.

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Game character that infuriated you the most.

#1 Post by SilverxBlue »

Well the title speaks for itself, tell us who was the game character that infuriated you the most and from what game s/he is from. Would that be an MC, a boss, a sidekick, a bystander your pick. You could even let you frustrations on that character all out here. I'd like to add a sorry if this was started before.

I guess I'd start.

THAT FREAKING, CRAZY DUDE FROM ASSASSIN'S CREED!

There you are having a mission to complete that involves stealth assassination then all of a sudden this crazy dude pops out of nowhere and pushes you causing you to lose your focus and even sometimes he pushes you towards the guards and there was even one who pushed me into the water during a docks mission. :evil:

Thanks to him, I've screwed up a few of my missions and I've been shouting "Leave me alone!" and "What the hell is up with you!" at my cousin's PS3 every minute or so, causing my family to look at me like I'm a freaking retard.

I think I might want to throw in that little fairy who shouts HEY!, LISTEN! and WATCH OUT! in that Gamecube game Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time, but the last time I played that was a long, long time ago so I don't want to rant about her anymore.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

Re: Game character that infuriated you the most.

#2 Post by Snowflower »

I just hate all the girl characters that gets in the way of the MC girl ;O
Yes the b**** would be the right word... the girl that seems to ruin everything for me. One of the main irritation that occurs to me while I was in my Hana Yori Dango phase, there were sooo many of them! Ugh!
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#3 Post by SilverxBlue »

Snowflower - Oh God, I forgot to mention them as well, Those B*****s are pretty common in Tokimeki Memorial, they'd be your best friend at first, then they turn to your rivals when they find out that you're pursuing the guy they like.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#4 Post by Snowflower »

SilverxBlue wrote:Snowflower - Oh God, I forgot to mention them as well, Those B*****s are pretty common in Tokimeki Memorial, they'd be your best friend at first, then they turn to your rivals when they find out that you're pursuing the guy they like.

Or they pretend to be the MC's best friend, but in reality, they're actually the ones ruining her life :O
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by SilverxBlue »

Maybe, but if you start spending more time with them they'd forgive you.
But if you ignore the rivalry they declared, they'd practically get the guy if you're trying to pursue his second ending.
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#6 Post by Snowflower »

UGH
those troublesome girls...

haha

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#7 Post by YonYonYon »

IjiwaruMyMaster's MainChara. A little girl with innocent big eyes, plump cheeks and nice pair of huge tits. I really didn't like her helplessness + obedience + facial expressions + big breast combo
ImageImage

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#8 Post by azureXtwilight »

Lol XD
I personally like those rivalry in games, because without them then it would be booo~ring :P

Okay, what I hate mostly is... the super-obsessive person who just won't let go.
"My moon, my sun, my everything, aah!"

Yes, people. I bring you Lezard Valeth from Valkyrie Profile.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#9 Post by Aleema »

Damsel in distress heroines. It's not really a good role model or someone I can relate to, unlike the beefy awesome hero. For instance, I didn't like Shana from Legend of Dragoon because she was just soooo weak and dependent on the hero. Rinoa from FF8 also got on my nerves, heavily. She was a rebel princess, but at every turn she needed saving and had problems and boo hoo. Meanwhile, the hero is just awesome.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by musical74 »

Azure: I remember Lezard Valeth...and agree with you, talk about obsessive! Wonder what would have happened if Lenneth totally ignored him? :P

I think I have two character types that irritate me no end: The *super obsessive* type, and the *poor me, I can't do anythintg* type. The latter because I want to smack the character and say *Grow a spine already!!*
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Suikama
Regular
Completed: Down on the Corner
Projects: Stories of an Eastern Paradise

#11 Post by Suikama »

The last character I remember who made me rage was Kirino from Ore no Imouto. It was okay at first but when she continued to be spoiled and arrogant even after all her brother did for her it really got to me.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#12 Post by kinougames »

On average, in a GxB dating sim, I usually end up disliking the rival girl. She usually comes, is your boyfriend's ex, is your ex-boyfriend's current, and she hates you, and you hate her, and she does wild and weird things that are just for the purpose of ruining your life even though your entire hatred of each other could be solved if you guys spoke to each for like a full five minutes without screaming and stomping off, and her entire point usually makes absolutely no sense except to cause needless dramu.
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#13 Post by Tachyglossus »

(...I like Lezard Valeth.... He's character design made me think of an evil obsessive lecherous Harry Potter, which just made me giggle a lot.)

Any character that sends you on a rediculous and trivial arbitrary quest that they could have easily settled on their own or got someone else without a grand scale mission they are grappling with. More annoying is the protagonist who agrees. I mean, come on! "Okay, we'll help you find Fifi although I'm sure I should be stopping that big evil from making Christmas Tree decorations out of your instestines!"

I guess that doesn't count though.

I honestly can't think of any right now. I'll get back to you on that one.

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#14 Post by Pyonkotchi »

The main protagonist in ~Starry Sky~. and all gxb heroines like her :Y
She's such an irritating doormat I found It hard to get into the game >:\. wondering how the guys could possibly find that appealing :T

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#15 Post by Snowflower »

There are times when I can handle the damsel in distress MC, if it's not too emphasized. I think it's because the damsel in distress type is easy for most girls to relate to, or want to be seen as kind of type... IDK, I might be saying for myself