Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:57 am
- Completed: Am I ...
- Location: Coventry, UK
2. English (learning for about 13-14 years, and currently living in Great Britian and studying at Uni)
3.German (had to learn in High School, but never really intended to)
4. Japanese (started learning properly at Uni, this year and doing a lot on my own)
2. German (my father's, I've been learning since I was a kid since I studied at a german school)
3. English (high school + lots of fanfiction!)
4. French (still don't know why I took it, but I did!)
I still had a year of mandarin, but I didn't do too well at it.
- Posts: 187
- Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:54 am
- Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!
- Tumblr: wingzofdarkness
1. Chinese (Mandarin; I'm re-learning it though T_T) <--native
2. English (Queen's English) <--primary
3. French (France)
Anyone know Korean?
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:31 pm
- Projects: A Mysterious Note
- Location: ...behind you...
1. English (Native)
2. Korean (This is what my parents speak, I know how to write, read, and speak it, but not fluently)
3. Japanese (My friend has been teaching me, but I only know a few phrases)
4. Spanish (My mother made me take classes on this, but I know the very basics)
2. Python -- yeah, I had to put this here for comparison purposes. I'm getting towards mastering it. I've spent a lot of effort on learning various programming languages (I should also mention C),
which was probably what led me to learn
3. Lojban, the only fully computer-parseable spoken language I know of. Excellent foundations, need more vocabulary (I would probably sound like a 10year old to a native speaker.)
4. Other miscellanea (bagful of Japanese and Esperanto, couple handfuls of Latin, a bit each of Chinese, Greek, Italian, French, Spanish, German)
- Posts: 426
- Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:31 pm
- Projects: Pickles and Strawberries
2. Spanish (just picked it up. 40% of the people where I live are Mexican immigrants)
3. French (taking in high school. My second best language)
4. Latin (teaching myself. I always wanted to learn a language nobody speaks)
5. Gibberish (my friends and I communicate with odd noises and hand guestures. Somehow, we understand ieach other)
6. Sarcasm (very fluent however many people don't understand me)
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:36 pm
- Projects: Twinkle Twinkle
- Location: Canada... eh.
1. Chinese - Mandarin & Cantonese (I used to mix the two up so much when I was a kid).
2. English (Learned this later than most because my parents are really adamant about not speaking English at home, rargh).
3. French (Theoretically, I should be really good at this because I learned it early on, but no).
4. Latin (Because this is such a useful language to learn, amirite).
5. German (After two years, I've become proficient in phrases such as "ich habe meine Hausaufgaben vergessen").
I really want to learn Korean, though; the sounds of the language are really pretty. ;D
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:21 pm
- Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]
- Location: UK
1. English (What can you expect from a BBC?)
2. Chinese - Cantonese (I understand hearing best, speaking second, writing last. Focused on my main studies as a child.)
3. French (Studies.)
4. German (Studies.)
5. Latin (And even more studies.)
6. Chinese -Mandarin (Tried learning another form of Chinese again, didn't turn out well due to my other studies, again.)
7. Japanese (Started learning it by myself and then some at uni, but I really need to practice it. Same could be said of my Cantonese).
If only I had people I could practise my Chinese/Japanese with...
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:27 pm
- Completed: Attack of the Zombie Frogs
- Projects: 365 Dayz
- Location: Middle of Nowhere
- Miko-Class Veteran
- Posts: 515
- Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:38 pm
- Completed: Cerulean, The Photographer, The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea, Stalker&Yandere
- Deviantart: allenwalkerlove
2.English (Learn it since kindergarten while watching my mom playing harvest moon xD and study it fast when I went to school lol, games are really something, too bad my grammar is messy orz)
3.Chinese-Mandarin (my mother and father use that language often, and we learn to write it at school so yeah xD so-so)
4.Japanese (Learn it from watching many anime movies, singing vocaloid songs, and try to write the romaji also now learning how to write katakana, hiragana)
OTL I need to practice my chinese also japanese a lot lol xD
*u* I think I should learn cantonese and korean after I finish my school <3
- Eileen-Class Veteran
- Posts: 1226
- Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
- Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
- Projects: Spirit Parade
- Organization: Cyanide Tea
- Tumblr: narihira
- Deviantart: crownwaltz
- Skype: thievinghearts
3. Spanish (took it for 5 years in HS)
4. Japanese (taught it to myself?? I suck at kanji, but as long as there's furigana, I'm generally okay, though I'm better with listening comprehension)
5. Latin (took it for 1 year in HS)
I can speak a liiiiittle bit of Korean and a liiiiittle bit of Chinese, but those barely count, lol.
2. English, American (Better at it and even prefer it)
3. Japanese (Self-learning, may even beat my ability at English)
4. Spanish (Slightly self-learning)
Other than that, I know random words in French, German, Italian, Chinese, Arabic, Latin and Hebrew.
Nobody speaks ? here in Italy is still occasionally used, and not only in that tiny state called "Vatican"....4. Latin (teaching myself. I always wanted to learn a language nobody speaks)
Best regards from Italy,
- Snow Blossom
- Posts: 419
- Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 10:30 pm
- Location: Right. Behind. You.
2. Mandarin (against my will at first, but now I've grown to love it ^^)
4. Japanese (... If you can call it that. I doubt any Japanese person would understand what the heck I'm saying though -3-)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users