Snow White~The Tales of the New Princess (GXB Otome!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Snow Blossom
Veteran

Re: Snow White~The Tales of the New Princess (GXB Otome!)

#16 Post by Snow Blossom »

As soon as I started reading this I loved it. The characters are so cute and funny! Ryuu is just adorable~
I can't wait!

SerenaLolipop
Regular
Projects: Snow White Otome

#17 Post by SerenaLolipop »

Oh my gosh guys, I'm so sorry. Lately I've been on a bit of a hiatus. :oops: But I've begun working on story again!! Rest assured!
--Ran.
Last edited by SerenaLolipop on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rainbows make the world go round... Or was it that rainbows go around the world?

Jewels are Expensive. But Friendship is Priceless.

I was going to take over this website but then I got distracted by Gakuen Alice.

Ran is in the middle of her own otome game right now, Snow White!
-------------------------------Ciaossu!------------------------------------------------

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#18 Post by RemnantDream »

I like Shoji and Hikaru xD
SerenaLolipop wrote:Swallow anything by accident as a kid?: .....p-poison.
I laughed. That sounds like something I would do xD

This sounds like it'll be good.

I'm just wondering, what's with people suddenly doing fairy tale stories turned VNs? Not that I mind..

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#19 Post by manga_otaku »

I'm liking the whole dwarvesbecomingbishies concept~ What I would do to be in Snow White's shoes *drool*
I'm going to look forward to this ;)
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

SerenaLolipop
Regular

#20 Post by SerenaLolipop »

Okay, everyone, story is just about done, a few loose ends i would like to tie up, though. Routes are getting typed up daily and I just last week got out of school early so I have a lot of time. I'd like to say the Story+Routes are a solid 99% done.

Oh, yeah. P.S. for those wondering this game will be about 4 hours per route!!! A romantic ((With some drama)) Comedy of Epic Proportions!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! ........
..sorry, I went a bit overboard...haha.
Rainbows make the world go round... Or was it that rainbows go around the world?

I was going to take over this website but then I got distracted by Gakuen Alice.

-------------------------------Ciaossu!------------------------------------------------

SerenaLolipop
Regular

#21 Post by SerenaLolipop »

Everyone-I have a big question now- I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH STORY!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!! :D -
In the text box should I have the MC sprite reacting?
Pro
-More emphasis on words- such as seeing sarcasm
-perhaps better jokes

Con
-Can't fully immerse yourself into gameplay
- If you hate MC design.....well, your screwed.

please help me decide

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#22 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

If you mean a side image, I think you should go for it. A lot of otome games have a side image, and plus since the protagonist won't be seen unless a CG is shown, it kinda kills the purpose of having a MC design in the first place XD

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#23 Post by Snow Blossom »

I advocate for a side image~! I like it when I can see the appearance of the character I'm playing as :3

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#24 Post by azureXtwilight »

Side image please XD

SerenaLolipop
Regular

#25 Post by SerenaLolipop »

Everybody, Everybody, Sprites are done!!!!!!!!!! Please look at them to your enjoyment!!!!! And thanks everyone, I shall put Miki's face in the side picture!

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by 15385bic »

those characters look good *q*

good luck with this - i wanna play too XD

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#27 Post by Snow Blossom »

Yay! Glad to see you've made so much progress! :D
SerenaLolipop wrote: Oh, yeah. P.S. for those wondering this game will be about 4 hours per route!!!
:shock: NICE!!!

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#28 Post by wingzofdarkness »

Haha, I like Dopey. It totally matches the nerdy-ness of his image. The characters look great - even though they are heavy on the pixels, and the story sounds interesting. I can't wait to see the end results!

Celestine
Veteran

#29 Post by Celestine »

Wow that's alot of guys. :lol: Secret people,that's a really fascinating idea. They look great.

I think that would depend on her personality. Jokes or sarcasm should fit the character. But I think there should be a bit of both depending on how the story flows for different scenarios to whom she responds to. To create tension or mood between the characters.

Ok I just re-read your characters dialogues you put up with your sprites and I think she should have some sarcasm. Because it looks like most of your sprites seem to have some type of sarcasm in some of their dialogue. Like a soft teasing or cruel sneering. But a few jokes would be nice. But I hope their not like inside jokes like in the Clannad anime, those were really confusing to understand. But that might be because they were eastern style jokes, I guess. I'm not really certain that's just my opinion.

But I didn't get Nichijou either. :? Maybe its teen slang???
Anyway. If you put in jokes make sure get lots of people's opinion in understanding them. Because Western and Eastern styles are different. To me from what I learned in the Eastern way there's alot of pun jokes and unless someone understands the definitions, their not understandable. In fact their down right confusing.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

SerenaLolipop
Regular

#30 Post by SerenaLolipop »

Oh, trust me, Miki is QUITE sarcastic-

as for Jokes- none of them are inside jokes or anything. There aren't many japanese words in the script (maybe just the word Tsundere, which i'd be happy to explain in-game, for non otaku otome fans. I'd say there are more insanity jokes and 4th wall breaking jokes than any particular Eastern Jokes. Maybe a few Western may be put in there, and some Universal jokes will be added- but Insanity jokes are EVERYWHERE!!!! But then again, you're living in a house of hot Dwarfs .........
ahhhh, the stupidity of 'Hot Dwarfs' has finally dawned on me....