[WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 7/20/2011+poll!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

Re: [WIP] Machina Jewel (First post updated!)

#46 Post by manga_otaku »

Hurry up and give us a demo already to satisfy our needs for this otome game~! We're going to have to hold something hostage to get you working non-stop~! mwhahahaha *evil laugh*

*cough* apologies there. Sleep deprivation I assume :) but still put one up
already! We'll starve by the time you post it! T_T
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#47 Post by Camille »

Snow Blossom wrote:O.O
Wow the stats screen is really beautiful! The aged paper look is a nice touch, as well as the jewels :)
The art is very pretty as well, looking forward to this ^^
Thank you very much! <3
manga_otaku wrote:Hurry up and give us a demo already to satisfy our needs for this otome game~! We're going to have to hold something hostage to get you working non-stop~! mwhahahaha *evil laugh*

*cough* apologies there. Sleep deprivation I assume :) but still put one up
already! We'll starve by the time you post it! T_T
Haha I wish I could! ;; I want to show off all my hard work, too, you know~~ We should have a demo finished in a few weeks, so you guys will just have to be a little patient for now. XD We want to make sure that MJ is nice and polished before we release much of anything.

Here, you can keep Alonzo hostage for a little while, though:

One of my friends/MJ's beta testers drew fanart of Alonzo~ Man, he's taking names and breaking hearts all over the place, it seems.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#48 Post by manga_otaku »

Camille wrote:We should have a demo finished in a few weeks, so you guys will just have to be a little patient for now. XD We want to make sure that MJ is nice and polished before we release much of anything.
OH GOODIE~! Demo demo demo~ ^^
Camille wrote:Here, you can keep Alonzo hostage for a little while, though:
Ack~! I have a slight thing for sailors like Alonzo~ >w<" Kyaaaaahh~!
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Celestie
Veteran

#49 Post by Celestie »

*steals and locks him into her closet* ...now I should actually read the character profiles you have provided, I have to admit all I did was staring at the pretty art and never concentrated enough on the written stuff *hides in shame* Yeah, the purpose of this post is only to show that I am still interested in this project and that I am still a supporter of it and clearly looking forward to the game~
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#50 Post by Camille »

Celestie wrote:*steals and locks him into her closet* ...now I should actually read the character profiles you have provided, I have to admit all I did was staring at the pretty art and never concentrated enough on the written stuff *hides in shame* Yeah, the purpose of this post is only to show that I am still interested in this project and that I am still a supporter of it and clearly looking forward to the game~
Poor Alonzo! ;A; He's going to be longing for the ocean~ Haha I just put the character profiles up recently, so no worries. Let me know what you think of them!

And since the demo won't be out for a little while, if you guys have any sorts of questions about the story/characters, let me know and I'll answer them! ...Unless the answers would be too spoilery or something. But stuff like WHAT IS LUCIEN'S FAVORITE FOOD, I can definitely do. :Db

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#51 Post by RemnantDream »

Well, since you mentioned it..>_>
WHAT IS TETSUYOSHI'S FAVORITE FOOOD?
Or at least, how do you pronounce his name?

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#52 Post by Camille »

RemnantDream wrote:Well, since you mentioned it..>_>
WHAT IS TETSUYOSHI'S FAVORITE FOOOD?
Or at least, how do you pronounce his name?
Haha I filled out this meme for the characters once so I'll just copy-paste all their favorite food responses from it.

What is your favorite food?
Charlene: How boring, "It depends on the player".
Azhar: Naturally, I prefer European food. Scones and black tea are the best.
Tetsu: I prefer Haponese food. I really miss eating sushi.
Lucien: Sandwiches are good because you can eat them and work at the same time.
Alonzo: I'm all for pasta~ Or things that are rich, basically.
Esper: I'll eat anything, but I don't like vegetables much.
Sabine: I generally eat light foods that don't make me feel too full.

His name is pronounced tet-soo-yo-shee, more or less. I tend to put emphasis on the "yo" part when I say his name out loud, but I think in Japanese, the "soo" syllable is supposed to be emphasized. XD But whatever! By the way, Azhar is pronounced Uh-zar (the "uh" is kind of half between "uh" and "ah"...kind of a weird pronunciation; syllable emphasis on the "zar"), Lucien is pronounced loo-see-en (emphasis on the "loo"), and I think everyone else's names are pretty self-explanatory, so.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#53 Post by SilverxBlue »

Could it be possible that Esperansa is my missing sister? :lol:
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#54 Post by Camille »

SilverxBlue wrote:
Could it be possible that Esperansa is my missing sister? :lol:
She would love to have a sister! She's stuck with two older brothers, haha. :P

dubunny

#55 Post by dubunny »

Alonzo loves pasta. I love pasta. We are meant to be /carried away
Anyway, I love that fanart of him! I'm so excited for this game it's unreal.

What about their favourite colours?

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#56 Post by Camille »

dubunny wrote:Alonzo loves pasta. I love pasta. We are meant to be /carried away
Anyway, I love that fanart of him! I'm so excited for this game it's unreal.

What about their favourite colours?
Aww, I'm glad you're excited!

Haha I've actually never thought of their favorite colors before, but let's see... And I'll go ahead and add Sergei (Esperansa's love interest) and Carmine (Sabine's love interest) into this list, too. More on them in a bit, though their designs haven't been finalized yet.

Charlene: "It depends on the player" again. Boo.
Lucien: Black. Does that sound depressing? However, I prefer my suits to be of this color. It is the most practical color--goes with everything.
Sergei: I like any metallic colors. Silver, platinum... Even bronze is nice, at times.
Tetsu: Green, because it reminds me of the forests near my hometown.
Alonzo: I don't think I can decide on one favorite, but I do like bright colors! If I have to choose, I suppose whatever color the ocean is, that's my favorite.
Carmine: Leave it to the captain to choose such a predictable color! "Color of the ocean". How droll. Now me, I prefer pink, the color of a woman's flushed face when I--
Alonzo: ALRIGHT, that's enough!! And your color was even more predictable than mine, you rake!
Esper: Alright, boys, that's enough~ Now, my favorite is orange! It's bouncy and energetic!
Sabine: Purple, because it's a regal and mysterious color. Not that I'm regal or mysterious, but I do like the color purple. Also, I tend to wear it often.
Azhar: I am not very particular when it comes to colors. I just prefer not to see anything brown... It is such a dull color, and it reminds me of the endless deserts of Arabia, which I hate.

Sergei is, like I said, Esperansa's love interest from Okhotsk (aka Russia). Carmine is Sabine's love interest, as much as she may wish that he wasn't, and he's Sicilian (aka Italian). Sergei is a very quiet, stoic, hard-working guy who also happens to be Tetsuyoshi's roommate at the dorms later. He is studying to be an engineer and loves technology even more than Tetsu hates it. Carmine is the quartermaster on Alonzo's ship (he, Alonzo, and the first mate Jean form the power trio of the ship) and is a notorious womanizer. He basically sees all women as beautiful and won't refuse any that come to him, but also won't chase down any that try to leave. He falls in love at first sight with Sabine, who is basically disgusted by him at the moment. XD

manga_otaku
Veteran

#57 Post by manga_otaku »

Wait wait wait. What's "Haponese"? O.o"
Projects:

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#58 Post by Camille »

manga_otaku wrote:Wait wait wait. What's "Haponese"? O.o"
Our story takes place in a fictional version of the real world in the 1800's, so countries that were around during that time period have changed names to match that intent. Because Windsor is kind of like Victorian England, but not really, so we thought that calling it England would make people have strange expectations for the setting/culture. Windsor looks like England, but it's mostly made up of one super-city that takes up 60% of the island; the city is divided into four distinct districts.

Anyway, it's the same for Japan (Hapon), and the other countries. They are similar to the countries they're based on, but not exactly the same. At some point in the late 1700's in our game's world, the countries of Europe and Asia combined into Eurasia, a sort of super-country, but the monarchs of each country still retain power over their respective country. (though because of its technological advances due to stolen technology/knowledge they got from their colonies, Windsor is the current world power) A couple of the changes:

Siciliana, Anjou = two different parts of Italy (Italy as we know it today didn't exist back then, anyway, but this is how you can think of it)
Spain = Ispana
France = Coeur
Germany = Saxon
America = Colonia

I have extensive notes and planning on the governments/politics of the world (because we are possibly planning on spin-off games that take place in the same general time period, but in a different setting) but didn't think you guys would want to hear all that. XD

tl;dr: Haponese = Japanese.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#59 Post by manga_otaku »

AHAH! I got confused for a second. I was like wait, sushi...Japanese...SO WTF IS HAPONESE?! That explanation clears it up xD

SUPER-COUNTRY! Because Asians are cool 8-D

Heck I love Alonzo already. It's like mmmmmmmm sailor boy...*wink*
Projects:

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#60 Post by Camille »

manga_otaku wrote:AHAH! I got confused for a second. I was like wait, sushi...Japanese...SO WTF IS HAPONESE?! That explanation clears it up xD

SUPER-COUNTRY! Because Asians are cool 8-D

Heck I love Alonzo already. It's like mmmmmmmm sailor boy...*wink*
Haha sorry for the confusion. <3

Everyone loves Alonzo! XD

AND NOW, a gift from the artist to all of our thread-stalkers on LSF:

Some close-ups of the same image:
- http://mj.piratejewel.net/IMG921.jpg
- http://mj.piratejewel.net/IMG922.jpg
- http://mj.piratejewel.net/IMG923.jpg
- http://mj.piratejewel.net/IMG924.jpg