[WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 7/20/2011+poll!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Shya

Re: [WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 7/20/2011+p

#151 Post by Shya »

I'm totally in love with this game, even though I can't even play it yet, haha.

The fact that you can affect the heroines personality sounds really interesting, and it kinda remind me of those awesome rpg games like... dragon age, where you have different choices, that actually affect the story. XD A lot of VNs kinda have these choices that doesn't even matter that much in the end... D:
But anyways this game is looking awesome (can you even say that? tshwhocares e.e)
My Deviant Art
My english isn't exactly perfect, sorry ~~

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#152 Post by Camille »

ririruetoo wrote:I don't know how I haven't posted on this project yet! I love everything Victorian, and steam punk is a fun genre. So yeah, when do you think you'll release a demo? BTW, is this going to be a free game? ( Hopefully...) If you need any help, I would love to be a beta-tester! ( I love the theme song for the game! Did you make it yourself or get it from somewhere?)
Haha thanks! Well the demo was supposed to be out soonish, but we hit a few snags, so it's still probably several weeks away. It'll be a free game, with some extra content available for those who donate $5 or more. :3 I think we're good for beta testers right now, but I'll be opening some more slots after chapter four is done, so watch out for it. :3 The theme song is one that was composed especially for MJ. While we do use some royalty-free music (mostly classical music), a great chunk of our music was composed by Daniel Jansson for MJ.
Celestine wrote:Both voice actors Chris. Sound really good. The one that does Azhar his voice is very sharp, clear, and gentle smoothness. Very much that like a gentlemen in the 1600's. The one does Lucien I have to agree is snippish, deep, flows, has a good quality of sharp tones. Their both alluring and attractive. Azhar with his charm and Lucien with biting strength.
Both definitely have pronounciation and flare of emotion when speaking.
Like can imagine acting scene out.

Good job in finding really good voice actors. :D
They deserve an applause for their effort. :wink:

:lol: Sorry I went into my Critique Mode by accident. (It switches on sometimes without my knowledge when I'm impressed or surprised err caught off guard about something)
What I meant to say is I really loved your voice actors and the dialogue you gave them fit with the voices very well.
I wouldn't be surprised if they could sing very well too :wink:
Aww, I'm glad you like our voice actors. :D Critique mode is always good! Always nice to hear crit, good or bad. :3 I'll pass your comments on~ I'm sure they'll appreciate them.

Shya wrote:I'm totally in love with this game, even though I can't even play it yet, haha.

The fact that you can affect the heroines personality sounds really interesting, and it kinda remind me of those awesome rpg games like... dragon age, where you have different choices, that actually affect the story. XD A lot of VNs kinda have these choices that doesn't even matter that much in the end... D:
But anyways this game is looking awesome (can you even say that? tshwhocares e.e)
Haha thanks! We really appreciate the support.

Yeah, the heroine's personality is very customizable in Machina Jewel, making for a unique experience each time you play. I used Dragon Age/Mass Effect sort of as a model for that system, so good catch. xD That's what I was going for~

Celestine
Veteran

#153 Post by Celestine »

:lol: Speaking about your poll about Lucien.
I think that has more to do with "chemistry" :wink: You know what people say "You love to hate your enemy" and " the one your attracted to is the one that gets under your skin"

:lol: which can be very true in most cases. However I have learned that most Independent women like a man that expects them to be independent until the man falls for them and then their oh so charming, sweet, and protective.
Feelings of affection are so funny that way
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#154 Post by Camille »

Celestine wrote:until the man falls for them and then their oh so charming, sweet, and protective.
That never happens to Lucien, haha. He remains blunt, sarcastic, and critical no matter how much he loves the heroine. I'm not big on a person doing a 180-degree personality change after falling in love because that's rarely how it really works.

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#155 Post by Tag- »

Camille wrote:I'm not big on a person doing a 180-degree personality change after falling in love because that's rarely how it really works.
I agree with this, it'd be weird to see a person suddenly changing completely once two people become a couple, and I'm glad you're avoiding that.

On another note, I wish you guys luck with this project, it looks to be an amazing game~
PM me if needed

Celestine
Veteran

#156 Post by Celestine »

Camille wrote:
Celestine wrote:until the man falls for them and then their oh so charming, sweet, and protective.
That never happens to Lucien, haha. He remains blunt, sarcastic, and critical no matter how much he loves the heroine. I'm not big on a person doing a 180-degree personality change after falling in love because that's rarely how it really works.
:lol: Really, that's great, his route sounds like, it'll be alot of fun to play. That's sure something different to me. It'll be an interesting challenge.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#157 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Camille wrote:
Just so you know, I think a couple that can be sarcastic and snarky with each other is about the sexiest kind of couple there is. There's just something about conflict that brings up all that tasty sexual tension. So I'm personally hoping you'll play up the antagonistic relationship between him and the heroine - all the better when she finally snags him. *_*

Celestie
Veteran

#158 Post by Celestie »

I like those slightly difficult and challenging, unusual/exciting couples, too. Such a relationship is kind of appealing in fiction; it might be even cool in real life as long as it never escalates into a full-blown fight, which it usually does in real life. Sad, isn't it? Kind of like with yandere and tsundere; in fiction they are amongst the most interesting people, in real llife they are scary and annoying.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#159 Post by HikkiPanda »

Camille wrote:That never happens to Lucien, haha. He remains blunt, sarcastic, and critical no matter how much he loves the heroine. I'm not big on a person doing a 180-degree personality change after falling in love because that's rarely how it really works.
I actually has a friend who did a 180 degree personality change. She is all tsun tsun at first, but after she got a boyfriend, she goes all dere dere over him XD.

but yeah, it's rare ...
Celestie wrote:Kind of like with yandere and tsundere; in fiction they are amongst the most interesting people, in real llife they are scary and annoying.
I don't think I can handle a tsundere in real life :(

but I definitely love yandere ... I mean, as long as you don't cheat then it's good right?

Celestie
Veteran

#160 Post by Celestie »

HikkiPanda wrote: I don't think I can handle a tsundere in real life :(
...my mom is a tsundere. My sis is a tsundere. I might be a bit, too, and I think I hate myself when I am too tsuntsun. Seriously, I have enough of real-life-tsundere. >_>
HikkiPanda wrote: but I definitely love yandere ... I mean, as long as you don't cheat then it's good right?
That depends. If they are a mild case of yandere, it still works, I guess, but when it borders to possessiveness and psychotic obsession then...it does't matter if you cheat or not, it depends on the yandere's view. Like, demanding to never drive in a car without him with a friend, especially not if it's a boy and even if said boy has a girlfriend with him. So she'll be driven to him by that friend and his girlfriend? Park exactly at the corner of that street and turn on the light so he can see if she wasn't lying about her not being alone with thet guy but with an additional girlfriend. That poor girl was too much in love with that guy, apparently to see how wrong this is.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

LadyAvori
Regular

#161 Post by LadyAvori »

I dated a tsundere in rl. It is a lose/lose situation to be in, because no matter what you do they are going to be pissed off. But then out of the blue he can be so damned sweet and apologetic and do the most insanely romantic things, then BAM... you put a dish in the wrong spot/didn't tell him his show was on/something you didn't even know/do/not do and suddenly he's pissed off again and talking about how maybe you shouldn't be together. My rl tsundere left such a bad taste in my mouth that I can't even stand fictional ones anymore. Or is that more Yandere? His emotions flip flopped with the wind so I considered him tsundere.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#162 Post by Camille »

Umm, not to be a stick-in-the-mud or anything, because this is an interesting discussion and all, but it's getting really off-topic now. This thread is meant to be for discussion of Machina Jewel, and things are getting off-track. I get notified every time there's replies to this thread, so if you guys could take this somewhere else, I would really appreciate it. D:

LadyAvori
Regular

#163 Post by LadyAvori »

You are absolutely right, I had an uncontrollable urge to comment it.

I am wondering though, and maybe I missed a post similar here, but will Alonzo's parrot be in the VN much? Because I absolutely love the idea of an insulting parrot and maybe-pirate duo! I think he is going to be my favorite!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#164 Post by Camille »

Lucille's not a major character or anything, but she does show up quite a bit if you end up pursuing Alonzo. She mostly has the same few insulting lines, though, that she says over and over. XD

Celestie
Veteran

#165 Post by Celestie »

Sorry, I seriously forgot...

...bonus points if she does something in the plotline that is important? 8D Or at least I'd be happy if Lucille's existence doesn't only serve for insulting Alonzo every now and then and for being a parrot to a pirate xD (I just like it when an inconspicious/seemingly decorative side-character unexpectedly was necessary or important in the plot at one point in form of their action or something xD It's the nice surprise-effect xD)