Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
applegirl
Veteran

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

#121 Post by applegirl »

I admittedly haven't played through the entire game again, but I wanted to see the chibi additions and replayed them. So cute! Unfortunately, I got a few errors for one scene:
This always occurred during Trent's snowball scene for me. I'd get the blue screen pop up that says "An exception has occurred. While running game code: file "game/about.rpy",line 157 in script call...game/story.rpy",line 1342 ...key error panic" [I omitted a bit on the screen, hopefully that is okay]" during the scene that Steve runs to Trent for help. Image 'i_chibi11' not found in red pops up during the scene where Trent says "Time to go!" Also, when Steve says "Now, we have to get through Natalie's car barrier!", this should be changed to Jacob (since Natalie is on Steve and Trent's side in Trent's snow ball scene and Jacob is the one hit with Ryan's snow ball.)
Looking forward to replaying this great VN <3

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#122 Post by Cain0425 »

okay i wait can you tell me when it done so i can download it

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#123 Post by jack_norton »

applegirl: thanks will check where's the problem in the chibi scene :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#124 Post by ririruetoo »

I was just wondering when this game will be available to buy. Will it just be download, or can you buy a actual CD copy?
ImageImageImage

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#125 Post by jack_norton »

Well you can buy it already on the official game page here: http://www.winterwolves.com/winterinfairbrook.htm
Though you might want to wait until 1.1c is out with some extra Ryan scenes and fixed missing chibi at the end.
As for the CD, check previous page, another user asked the same thing (basically you can buy it on CD at conventions directly from Sakevisual).
computer games

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#126 Post by Cain0425 »

i have to say after playing all paths i think steve and Trent are my favs

narusasu
Completed: N/A
Projects: N/A

#127 Post by narusasu »

Heeey, this looks nice...! After my finals are over I may just buy this...(if MH3rd doesn't take over my life) : D The artwork is very soft and colorful. I just love it! The flower theme just makes me feel so cozy. And there's even a megane character! And is that a feminine boy next to him...? It says in the description that all four in the picture are guys, but the one next to megane man is so feminine. If that's a guy... then you have a definite customer. *__* (fem boys <3)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#128 Post by sake-bento »

narusasu wrote:Heeey, this looks nice...! After my finals are over I may just buy this...(if MH3rd doesn't take over my life) : D The artwork is very soft and colorful. I just love it! The flower theme just makes me feel so cozy. And there's even a megane character! And is that a feminine boy next to him...? It says in the description that all four in the picture are guys, but the one next to megane man is so feminine. If that's a guy... then you have a definite customer. *__* (fem boys <3)
It's a guy. XD He's shy, if that helps.

narusasu

#129 Post by narusasu »

sake-bento wrote: It's a guy. XD He's shy, if that helps.
Thanks, that does help! >w< He looks so adorable!! I have to capture him...! *3*

evility
Regular
Projects: 翔-Ailes; The World of Homework (on hold)

#130 Post by evility »

I've played a bit of the first one and enjoyed the demo, but I'm not a particular BxG fan.

WHICH IS WHY I'M SQUEALING AT THE REALIZATION OF THIS GXB EXISTENCE RIGHT NOW.

And there's a megane :D! I must go download a demo. Congrats to Winter Wolves for finishing yet another awesome game :D!

narusasu

#131 Post by narusasu »

evility wrote:
And there's a megane :D!
I know, right?! X'D That alone ups the game's worth by tenfold!

evility
Regular
Projects: 翔-Ailes; The World of Homework (on hold)

#132 Post by evility »

narusasu wrote:
I know, right?! X'D That alone ups the game's worth by tenfold!
XDDD Hellz yeah! A dark-haired megane too! *swoons*

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#133 Post by jack_norton »

I just uploaded version 1.1c which adds:
- some extra texts for Jacob and Ryan (a fun scene where he sings :D)
- missing chibi for the snowball endings if you got Steve/Trent romance

we won't add any more texts,so that should be the final version. Of course unless people finds typos, or (hope not) more bugs :)
computer games

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#134 Post by MomoiroGirl »

narusasu wrote:
sake-bento wrote: It's a guy. XD He's shy, if that helps.
Thanks, that does help! >w< He looks so adorable!! I have to capture him...! *3*

For whatever reason, this made me go all pokemon "GOTTA CATCH THEM AAALL!!" XDD

sporkysan
Regular

#135 Post by sporkysan »

Replayed it for the n-th time with the newest update. I still love it.

In both Steve and Trent's snowball fight:
Even though Trent grabbed Natalie and ran to the other side, she still appears next to Susana in the Steve vs Susana chibi picture.
Susana positions herself next to me, a snowball read in each hand. “

Also I replayed Ryan's route to see the extra scene and I found some random things:

Ryan mentions that he is a tutor at his college when he offers to help Natalie with studying. Later Susana says that he is a professional tutor after Natalie resists Ryan's tutoring methods. I'm not sure if Natalie forgot that Ryan mentioned that he was a tutor or she just didn't realize he was a professional tutor.

When talking to Ryan about why small talk is important, you automatically get a relationship boost after saying that you want to be friends with him. I don't think it is necessary to have that extra boost. With the extra scenes for Ryan and the snowstorm, it is pretty easy to max out his relationship bar. Also it feels strange because none of the other boys gets two boosts in one scene.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not. Immediately after the snowstorm scene, I end up with a scene with Ryan that can raise the relationship status. This seems to happen regardless of whether or not I've been visiting him regularly in the past. It also happens regardless of whether or not I was going to go to the general store on the day of the snowstorm. It is usually the scene where Natalie tells him to be more casual when he speaks.

Also Ryan's snowball scene starts out as Steve/Trent's snowball scene.
Trent runs over to grab Natalie. But when they call for Ryan to join them it plays out the same as the normal Ryan's snowball scene. Suddenly Natalie is back to making snowball for Susana next to Jacob. Then it ends as if it was Steve's snowball scene. And the chibi of Steve hugging Natalie appears over the chibi picture of Ryan getting serious with the glint in his eye.

Random thoughts as I was playing:

I think it is super cute that Ryan sings for Natalie, especially since he is embarrassed.

I feel like a terrible person in the beginning. Natalie keeps letting Susana down and then she accidentally insults Jacob. No wonder most of the residents had a terrible impression of her. I like Natalie, but that doesn't mean I don't want to yell at her in the beginning.

For some reason I get jealous when Steve ends up with Clara. I feel like I'm being too greedy, but Natalie and Steve are just so perfect for each other. Its too cute!