Page 6 of 10

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:03 am
by jack_norton
Haha ok a little help then. Spoiler time:
Intelligence: General Store
Empathy: Flower Shop
Culture: Library (doh!!)
Determination: Steve's house

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:37 pm
by selenity136
Quick question, does the amount of money you have affects the ending you might get?

Also, what would Ryan's attributes be? I thought it might be I&D...but apparently it's not. =/

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:42 pm
by sake-bento
selenity136 wrote:Quick question, does the amount of money you have affects the ending you might get?

Also, what would Ryan's attributes be? I thought it might be I&D...but apparently it's not. =/
For the first question, yes.
For the second question, it's intelligence and culture, and it's totally my fault that you think otherwise. D: ::fixes::

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:29 pm
by selenity136
Trent is elusive o.o. I got the hint for Trent and over 3 times, I still can't get his ending. o.O
For that blizzard event, is it only activated by completing half of Ryan's scenes or is there another way to activate that event? Because when I was trying to complete Trent's relationship meter, I had a hard time because I couldn't activate that event.

And another thing I noticed was that when I was working on Culture and Empathy, it was hard to raise the stats for those for some reason compare to the others. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but for some reason, I find it easier getting the special endings for Ryan and Steve than it is for their normal endings.

Also, I can't help but think that Steve's route was really developed, compared to Ryan. It felt like there was more to it. That was my first impression after going on their routes.

So far, it's a good game and I enjoyed it :). I'm going to try my best to get the others!

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:20 am
by Elze
Aaaaa definitely getting this! But I'm broke this month because I've been paying for some necessities. Will have to wait till next month to get it ; 7 ;

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:07 am
by jack_norton
Yes Trent is the hardest to get even when I played it, but if you
trigger the blizzard scene and pick the right answer will give you a big bonus.
I think though that you can still get him without that scene, if you choose
the adventure book to read
the right book. Yes each type of book you choose to read during one of your first visits to the library unlocks a bonus scene for each character+bonus relationship.

Regarding this, I'll also upload v 1.1 today, there was a bug in Jacob's arc, if you got the mystery book, his special book scene would trigger an infinite loop!

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:19 am
by sporkysan
jack_norton wrote: Hmm well, I disagree, I think it fits well the winter theme. Not sure how to explain it honestly, I picked that one because I thought was fitting :)
Just my personal preference. I think I sort of understand what you are aiming for. I guess if I imagined a crazy flurry of snow, the song fits better.
jack_norton wrote:Yes each type of book you choose to read during one of your first visits to the library unlocks a bonus scene for each character+bonus relationship.
Wait... So I can pick a certain book that unlocks a bonus scene with a character without ending up with that character? So say I can date Steve, but unlock Ryan's bonus scene? Or does it only work if the book I choose, corresponds with the guy I decide to date?
sake-bento wrote:For the first question, yes.
For the second question, it's intelligence and culture, and it's totally my fault that you think otherwise. D: ::fixes::
Yeah. I forgot to mention that Ryan told me that determination was more important than being smart. So I was in a frenzy trying to build that up and I got the alone ending. :( Good thing I got Ryan's hint at the end.
selenity136 wrote:
Also, I can't help but think that Steve's route was really developed, compared to Ryan. It felt like there was more to it. That was my first impression after going on their routes.
I haven't finished Steve's ending yet, but I agree. I initially liked Ryan more, but it is so hard not to like Steve when he has a well fleshed out story. I get excited to see what I will learn about him in the next scene. It feels like more work went into Steve.

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:30 am
by jack_norton
sporkysan wrote: Wait... So I can pick a certain book that unlocks a bonus scene with a character without ending up with that character? So say I can date Steve, but unlock Ryan's bonus scene? Or does it only work if the book I choose, corresponds with the guy I decide to date?
No, you only need to pick the book and then when you visit the character specific location, the bonus scene will unlock. It's a medium/short scene (depending on character) but gives bonus relationship with that character.
Be sure to download the version 1.1 though since there was a bug for Jacob that would prevent you from reaching his end if you choose the kind of book he likes.

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:01 pm
by Riviera
Making up a report with stuff to send.... who should I send it to? It's mostly some typos, but there were some issues of sprites appearing a bit odd (at one point Ryan's sprite appears offcenter during your talk with him, then it snaps back into place when the shop window comes up), and the game icon on the desktop isn't working for me for some reason either.. I don't know why. @_@

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:02 pm
by jack_norton
You can send typos and everything to me by email, thanks :) what you mean by the game icon on desktop isn't working ? you click and doesn't launch the game ?

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:17 pm
by Riviera
No, it launches fine, it's just that there is no picture for the shortcut. It shows up as the default white window.

Here's a picture:
game icon missing.PNG
game icon missing.PNG (6.98 KiB) Viewed 3083 times

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:57 pm
by jack_norton
Ah ok, thanks, will check why no icon appears!

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:56 pm
by applegirl
I just love the writing and art :D So many scenes were adorably cute and I have to say this game is definitely among the top for Winter Wolves. This is how an otome game should be made :) I've only managed to get Ryan's ending, but I can safely say this was worth every cent spent.

I have to admit, I can't wait for the walkthrough. I've tried to get Steve and I'm a bit confused how to finish:
Even though I picked the horror book, triggered the blizzard end with apologizing to Ryan later, and focused on intelligence and determination...I ended up alone :cry: I'm guessing I didn't hit the right numbers for intelligence/determination, sigh.
Seriously this is a great game :) I hope Winter Wolves and Sakevisual do more games together because this really was so well done. I can't think of anything I disliked. I managed to get one chibi scene and it was hilarious and cute. I can't wait to unlock more :D

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:03 pm
by jack_norton
Thanks, the compliments are to be shared with Ayu and Deji! :)
About the Ryan ending I'll give you a clue: the values are 80 Culture and 60 Intelligence ;)

Re: Flower Shop: Winter In Fairbrook

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:25 pm
by Cain0425
how much intelligence and determination do i need for steve