(My) dark little secret. otome (WIP)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Celestie
Veteran

Re: (My) dark little secret. otome (WIP)

#166 Post by Celestie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:18 am

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO KILL US?! *punch* ADFGHJKL you gave me quite the shock, you meanie. The sad thing is, because you didn't update lately and because I jumped right to this page instead of reading the first, I actualyl BELIEVED YOU. ...good thing I continued reading the line right below it or I'd have ended up as a mental wreck before preparing to tell you that it's too bad and stuff--
The joke itself is hilarious, I give you that. But mean, too xD My friend did something similar to a writing-RPG-friend of hers...I felt so sorry for her friend because she was so shocked xDDDD

Ahhh, Greg is really unexpectedly old, but not too old, so it's fine~ And damnit, those profiles are so damn interesting~ Rey is so cute *A* And Zander and Louie~ I especially like the fact that there is more to Louie than meets the eye. ...oh nevermind, choosing between any of those will really be hard now.

It's better if you don't show the Zander-chibi to the pseudo-fanclub, I guess. Guy needs a break xD

Wishing you luck in finding/re-contacting composer and artist. I cannot help in any department as I suck at music (still cannot read scores as probably never will) and my art is...meeeeh, especially the coloring. Plus my WIPs kinda stay WIPs. ANYWAY, good luck~
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#167 Post by SilverxBlue » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:46 am

Celestie wrote:WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT TO KILL US?! *punch* ADFGHJKL you gave me quite the shock, you meanie. The sad thing is, because you didn't update lately and because I jumped right to this page instead of reading the first, I actualyl BELIEVED YOU. ...good thing I continued reading the line right below it or I'd have ended up as a mental wreck before preparing to tell you that it's too bad and stuff--
The joke itself is hilarious, I give you that. But mean, too xD My friend did something similar to a writing-RPG-friend of hers...I felt so sorry for her friend because she was so shocked xDDDD

Ahhh, Greg is really unexpectedly old, but not too old, so it's fine~ And damnit, those profiles are so damn interesting~ Rey is so cute *A* And Zander and Louie~ I especially like the fact that there is more to Louie than meets the eye. ...oh nevermind, choosing between any of those will really be hard now.

It's better if you don't show the Zander-chibi to the pseudo-fanclub, I guess. Guy needs a break xD

Wishing you luck in finding/re-contacting composer and artist. I cannot help in any department as I suck at music (still cannot read scores as probably never will) and my art is...meeeeh, especially the coloring. Plus my WIPs kinda stay WIPs. ANYWAY, good luck~
*Holds Ice over own eyes* Ahaha sorry, I put it on a whim, I really don't know why. -_-

I am becoming too biased already when it comes to Greg, so I had to make him old for me to hate him (Me hates pedobears), but at least he's not that old for Alex. =)

I had to make Louie as Zander best bud or as they said, partner in crime, since Greg is already the one who discovered Zander's death and fetches and persuades Alex, Rey is the twin's Childhood friend who changed for some reason (Alex also had a crush on him), and Zander fell in love with Jen but never got to confess because of Rey, so Louie really feels left out. He was meant to be Zander's biggest fan who decided to join the band just to meet him, but it feels too obsessive or something like that. ^^;

Man, the characters changed a lot ever since I started planning them, (except for Greg) and I should be telling more about it on the extra section of the demo. :D

And thanks for the luck, one actually offered his help already (YAY for wingzofdarkness) so everything would most likely be back to normal again. \\(*O*)//
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#168 Post by azureXtwilight » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:51 am

Aww, Greg's so old :o

But those interview kinda-sorta makes me like Louie! XD

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#169 Post by SilverxBlue » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:02 am

Awww. Poor Greg, if only I didn't like his design that much I would have made him as young as Jen, whose age is still unknown up to now but is surely lower than Greg's. :lol: Well, at least I hope the older audience would like him (if there would be.).

And glad to know that Louie is more interesting now. *Secretly hopes that he becomes as popular as his best friend.*
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Celestie
Veteran

#170 Post by Celestie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:59 am

Ehhh...in real life I don't like older men, either, especially pedobears...especially SICK pedobears. But Greg seems to be like an alright person, so it's fine, really. I like him, too, the relationship Alex might have with him would be kinda the mature one, and a sweet one and a sexy one- *is shot*

8D Oh, I can safely say, Louie is on second place right after unobtainable guy. Just...Louie is now fighting with Greg, Rey and Jen for the second place xD I did say it's really hard to choose now~

Ahaha, sounds kinda complicated, a little bit, everyone's relations, I mean. Still perfectly human and...poor Zander. And Poor Alex. Unrequited crushes are sad things. But at least Alex will get some love soon. Zander on the other hand...fanclub love doesn't quite equal real love and is more suffocating that poor guy than anything xD....

And yay~ good to hear someone can help out~ Is it the musical or the CG department?
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#171 Post by SilverxBlue » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:15 pm

Ahaha, me making Greg older actually sort of made him funnier, I dunno to me it did.
I actually added a choice and if you choose the right one, Alex tells him that he actually looks young and Greg is so happy to finally hear it from a girl that he asks Alex to marry him, Alex gets creeped out and well... she tries to kick him out of her room.
But he'll be back to his mature self, that's just one of those times that he loses his composure because he was really, really happy. ^^

Maybe it would be easier for you if you know that two certain someone's routes has more Zander screen time. But I really don't want to tell who they are. (Obviously the first one is the killer and I'm not giving any more hints on who the other one is. ^^)

Ah I tried so hard to in making the relationships as complicated as possible, that way no one would ever get a hint on who the killer is; the childhood friend turned rival, the manager who knows everything, the mysterious girl he loved, or the best friend.

He'll be helping out on the CGs. (I honestly want to send him some cookies and cakes as thanks for offering his help.)

EDIT: I really don't want to double post, so I'm editing this one.
I promised myself that I'll be adding at least a thousand words everyday, (Yeah, I know it's not that much, but it's the best I can do, I have to avoid getting caught by my stepmother, if she catches me she'll confiscate my laptop! O_O) and well, here is the new lint check. ^_^

The game contains 1,688 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 16,190 words,
for an average of 9.6 words per screen.
(And I still don't want you guys to see the horror of the number of menus.)
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Celestie
Veteran

#172 Post by Celestie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:18 am

Oh dear, Greg is so cute~ Would that make him a mild, occassional kuudere? The oen who is usually stoic and distant/calm and composed and when pushing the right buttons really cute?

Nah, come on, I may like Zander a lot, but that wouldn't make me choose the characters demending on his screen time in their paths. I...think. I MAY BE BIASED BUT THAT SHOULD NOT AFFECT MY CHOICE OF GUY FOR ALEX. I hope.

Well. I have NO IDEA who the murderer would be. In fact, I kinda forgot one of them is the murderer D: That gives this entire, rather happy-cheerful settings of characters even with this complicated but otherwise light relationship constellation a darker egde...the fact that Zander even after his death is at least a spiritual advisor to Alex takes away a bit of the darker feeling, but in the end, it's mystery...and I am so looking forward to it 8D

1000 words daily is a good progression~ Also, send this guy my thanks for helping out with the CGs~

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#173 Post by SilverxBlue » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:49 am

Uh yeah, in a way he is. :) But the stoic/calm type, he's not really that distant to the others.
Gah! Another character that I unintentionally turned into a something-dere. But I seriously don't have anything against them. So, it's okay!
Now I'm afraid that I might unintentionally turn the killer into a yandere. o_O
But I'll keep it in my notes, just in case I want the plot to thicken or whatever.

Really? That's great! I'm actually aiming for the "Oh my God _______ is the killer!" reaction once the whole investigation/clue hunting is over. So it'd be nice if no one has the slightest idea even up to now. (I just hope the demo won't change it. )

And yeah sure.
I would also like to thank you. ^^ I checked your profile and saw that you were most active here. Zander might be very proud of you right now. :lol:
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Celestie
Veteran

#174 Post by Celestie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:28 am

...well, I wouldn't mind a yandere-character. Yandere don't even need to be hardcore yandere, if they have shades of it, I's like them too~ I have a unhealthy bias for yandere characters as it seems. At frst I though it was the conbinaton of handsome character and slightly twisted love...seems like I just like twisted characters or characters that don't look like there is something darker lurking in their minds, whether it's good or bad (yes, in my opinion 'something dark' isn't equal to bad xD) and who can get a bit dangerous in certain situations or gradually turn dangerous, depending on the level of yandere...otehrwise I cannot explain why I like to sue Litwick and all its evolved forms so much in pokemon Black; and that's one creepy pokemon that is a monster-equaivalent to yandere. I think. ...err xD

8D I am so looking forward to the demo, now that you mention it~ Nice, if you can pull that through, twisting the plot and the clues and the deduction so much that until last you will still be unsure of the real killer's identity, doubting and suspecting moer than oen or having no idea at all xD

*salutes* You're welcome~ ...wait, what? *checks own profile* Oh. ...ehehehe. There goes my try of not wanting to be an obvious Zander-stalker. I think Zander is more scared of me than proud xD *is shot*

LadyAvori
Regular

#175 Post by LadyAvori » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:45 am

The way it was sounding on this page I thought you made Greg like 40 or something, I had to flip back to the first page to check. 28 isn't that old. Especially being the band's manager it makes sense, to me anyway, that he would be older than the others. And because Alex is 21 it's not so creepy. 7 years is a big gap, but for adult characters it doesn't bother me so much.

Anyway, I'm just happy to see older characters (20 somethings) in a Vn period since there are so many where high school settings going on.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#176 Post by SilverxBlue » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:57 am

@LadyAvori - Thanks! :) I intentionally turned them into twenty somethings since I really wanted to work on a completely different story, the other one I'm working on has a main cast of seventeen and eighteen year olds and is a VN set in a high school. ^^;

Anyways, I wanted to write for Chapter 2 already, but I keep on going back and back to chapter one and editing and editing, so to stop me from doing that, I'm gonna start the first round of beta-testing. I have PM'd the ones who volunteered, and the only ones I could remember were, Kimiko, azureXtwilight, Celestie, Lumen_Astrum and RemnantDream. I remember hiring eight or seven, so For those two or three that I forgot, please PM me and I will send the download link. (I know that was very irresponsible of me but I really can't find my notebook with the list, so please don't smite me with fireballs if I forgot you!)
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#177 Post by azureXtwilight » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:41 am

Replied your PM! The long wait has finally end! :3

Celestie
Veteran

#178 Post by Celestie » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:19 am

azureXtwilight wrote:Replied your PM! The long wait has finally end! :3
I know, right? At last we gotta help out in some way or another aside from pestering this thread and SilverxBlue-chan- *is shot* and being faux-supportive xD

And so we shall help you out, for chapter 2 won't suffer anymore this way 8D (weird English wording is weird...)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#179 Post by azureXtwilight » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:25 am

Celestie wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:Replied your PM! The long wait has finally end! :3
I know, right? At last we gotta help out in some way or another aside from pestering this thread and SilverxBlue-chan- *is shot* and being faux-supportive xD

And so we shall help you out, for chapter 2 won't suffer anymore this way 8D (weird English wording is weird...)
Btw, I haven't got the link yet. Can you send me via PM Celestie? XD

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#180 Post by HikkiPanda » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:29 am

you can add me if you still need more people for beta test ^^