revamped.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
renpao
Regular
Projects: Her Majesty!; •minutiae•

revamped.

#1 Post by renpao »

REVAMPED --------> [click here]
Hi there! This is my very first visual novel game. The idea for Her Majesty! was conceived since late 2006, but I only got around to tying the loose ends together until last year.
Check out Her Majesty!'s Development Blog -----> http://hermajestydev.tumblr.com/

[REVAMPED]

I. Game Features
  • A Romance/Comedy VN
  • 3 GxB Romances
  • Original art + story by yours truly
  • [will add more later when more features have been added]

II. Main Characters
In order of their appearance in game.
Carmeline the 13th

[INFO REVAMPED]

Gareth Caswell

[INFO REVAMPED]

Ansel Strauss

[INFO REVAMPED]

Killian Rosenberg

[INFO REVAMPED]

III. Team
  • Story, Art, Programming: Me. Yes, this is a one man team. For now. ^^;;;
IV. Progress
  • Story: 100%
  • Script: 16%
  • Character Design: 100%
  • Sprite: 11%
  • CG: 5%
  • Music: 15%
  • Background: 20%
  • Programming: 5%

V. Updates and Notes
  • 05.08.11. Finally finished setting up the thread after months of keeping it as a draft. C:
  • 05.09.11. Working on Gareth's official sprite at the moment.
  • 06.07.11. Came back from my trip. The script for the demo is almost half-way done, being at 9k+ words now.
  • 09.14.11. Still working on the script. Currently at 11, 644 words!

**Logo is only temporary until I produce something more presentable.
**I apologize for the rather sketchy, placeholder art at the moment. I can’t seem to write anything without any visuals in front me, so I sketched everything fast to get on with writing the story in peace. The final sprites will be in a proper lineart like Carmeline's sprite (though that one is still work in progress).
**I also would like to apologize for the apparent discrepancy between the artworks...they were drawn at different times, so I blame the inconsistencies to my ever changing art style. I’m really sorry. :,(
Last edited by renpao on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

Re: [WIP] Her Majesty! (GxB)

#2 Post by EternalDream »

-follows your dev blog- Looking forward to updates of this! :D
The art is really nice and the plot seems interesting to me C: I'll be supporting this (behind the scenes) xD
So far, even though I like all of them, I think I like Ansel the best =w=b
BTW I can't read "Pooman" with a straight face lol

PervertPrince
Regular

#3 Post by PervertPrince »

Any game with a superhero called Pooman and an illegitmate princess who reads comics is a must play on my list! :D
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

renpao
Regular

#4 Post by renpao »

EternalDream wrote:-follows your dev blog- Looking forward to updates of this! :D
The art is really nice and the plot seems interesting to me C: I'll be supporting this (behind the scenes) xD
So far, even though I like all of them, I think I like Ansel the best =w=b
BTW I can't read "Pooman" with a straight face lol
Thank you! I really appreciate the support! :,)

It also makes me glad that you find them all likeable because that is my biggest fear when making characters: not making them equally desirable to the audience, thus putting one or the other at a certain disadvantage.

And I'm actually happy that you can't read Pooman's description with a straight face, or else I'd feel as if my humor was completely went to waste, haha. xD;

PervertPrince wrote:Any game with a superhero called Pooman and an illegitmate princess who reads comics is a must play on my list! :D
Thank you! :,)
Wouldn't it be hilarious if there's going to be a superhero named Pooman someday? xD I think it would be such a gag.
Last edited by renpao on Sun May 08, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

Nimuell
Regular
Projects: Cold Hands, Beautiful Boring People

#5 Post by Nimuell »

Whoa, this looks so good *__* The art is just fantastic, and the story looks like fun :D Princess, who reads comics and Pooman superhero are just win!
I like this atmosphere of the comedy and fairy-tale))) Certainly, your game is something to look forward to))

Ah, and all characters are very likeable ^^ I can tell that :D They are all funny and geeky a bit in some way, like Ansel playing otome games?! Just hilarious :'D He may be guy of my dreams =*__*=
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.nimuell.deviantart.com/

renpao
Regular

#6 Post by renpao »

Nimu-chan wrote:Whoa, this looks so good *__* The art is just fantastic, and the story looks like fun :D Princess, who reads comics and Pooman superhero are just win!
I like this atmosphere of the comedy and fairy-tale))) Certainly, your game is something to look forward to))

Ah, and all characters are very likeable ^^ I can tell that :D They are all funny and geeky a bit in some way, like Ansel playing otome games?! Just hilarious :'D He may be guy of my dreams =*__*=
W-Wow, I'm embarrassed to receive such compliment. Thank you so much...! ;A;

Glad to hear that. ^^ I'm actually unsure of what to call this because it's not really fairy tale per se, but just a simple story about royalties in a modern setting because I'm a sucker for those kinds of stories. xD;

With the characters I tried to mesh common stereotypes and give them their own specific quirks, so I'm really glad it came across somehow. And Ansel loves his otome games, true that. Too bad he won't let you borrow his collection. >:3

machinist
Regular

#7 Post by machinist »

art looks amazing!
and you're doing this all alone huh must be hard work good luck!
(well at least you're done with story that's the most hard part for me lol)

hope there's pooman ending xD

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#8 Post by SilverxBlue »

Wow! Cool plot, cool art, cool characters.
And to think that you made all of these by yourself.
You are so awesome!
Pooman is just made of win, I read his description loads of times and I also can't read it with a straight face.
Oh and I love Ansel by the way. (Surprise, surprise)
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

renpao
Regular

#9 Post by renpao »

machinist wrote:art looks amazing!
and you're doing this all alone huh must be hard work good luck!
(well at least you're done with story that's the most hard part for me lol)

hope there's pooman ending xD
T-Thank you so much! ;A; I love how expressive your characters are!
It can be difficult at times but I find that when I am inspired to work on this game, I seem to get things down fast. :,)
(I can feel your pain! For me it's transcribing the story into a script and branching things without making the paths too obvious. =_= And I'm kind of nervous about programming too. xD;; )
As for a Pooman ending: he's actually one of the guys up there. Would that count as one? xD
SilverxBlue wrote:Wow! Cool plot, cool art, cool characters.
And to think that you made all of these by yourself.
You are so awesome!
Pooman is just made of win, I read his description loads of times and I also can't read it with a straight face.
Oh and I love Ansel by the way. (Surprise, surprise)
I'm not awesome until I can prove to myself that I can finish this game one day! xD;
But thank you, that's very nice of you to say. ;A;
And that's always good to hear! I'm glad the Pooman joke was well-received, haha.
Wow, I didn't expect Ansel to be really famous! I wonder if it's the megane? ;D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:
Just finished with Gareth's lineart, so I'm in the process of coloring him at the moment. Here's a tiny sneak preview:

I'll probably fix some parts that I'm not happy with. We'll see.

Nimuell
Regular

#10 Post by Nimuell »

renpao wrote: I'm not awesome until I can prove to myself that I can finish this game one day! xD
I know what you mean. That's exactly how I feel about my projects as well ><

Also about Ansel :D Yeah, I think attractiveness of megane moe shouldn't be underestimated))) Still, it's not only because of this.
renpao wrote: And Ansel loves his otome games, true that. Too bad he won't let you borrow his collection. >:3
No way, whyyyyy T^T And I wanted to play them together so much ><

Gareth's coloring is so lovely btw. I just love these soft colors, and, yay, yellow eyes *__* My favorite))
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#11 Post by SilverxBlue »

renpao wrote:Wow, I didn't expect Ansel to be really famous! I wonder if it's the megane? ;D
For me it is because he is a megane, I always get attracted to their kind. And to think that he loves otome games, we'll probably get along fast if he was real. :wink:
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

lazykitsune

#12 Post by lazykitsune »

My opinion may not mean much, but your art is really great and the story is really interesting! I'll definitely be waiting for this!

Plus, you're working alone on the whole VN, which is what I'm struggling to do with my project(s). You're my hero! *u*

Aozora210
Regular
Projects: Ruins and Heaven

#13 Post by Aozora210 »

Wow, this looks so cute! XD *puts on list*

Lol for guys who love otome and Asian dramas. I want some manly tears! XD

So the setting is sometime like modern day, isn't it? :-?
Current Project
Ruins and Heaven

renpao
Regular

#14 Post by renpao »

Nimu-chan wrote:I know what you mean. That's exactly how I feel about my projects as well ><

Also about Ansel :D Yeah, I think attractiveness of megane moe shouldn't be underestimated))) Still, it's not only because of this.
I know right? Sometimes I hesitate and even get cold feet, that's why I decided to post a WIP. Maybe if it's not a "sort of secret" project anymore, then I'd be more motivated to work on it even more. C:

And haha! The funny thing is that he said something about megane as moe in game too! xD I should probably post a screencap of it once I got his sprite done and everything. ;D

Nimu-chan wrote:No way, whyyyyy T^T And I wanted to play them together so much ><
He won't let you borrow his collection...but will he let you play them with him or will he not? Hmm. I wonder~ ;D

Nimu-chan wrote:Gareth's coloring is so lovely btw. I just love these soft colors, and, yay, yellow eyes *__* My favorite))
Thank you! To be honest with you I always try to do them in cell-shaded style, but in the end I just wind up smoothening/softening them up for whatever reason. =_= Here's hoping the characters wouldn't look to out of place against the bgs. xD;
I was actually hesitant about the yellow/golden eyes because his servant outfit is yellow too, lol. I'm glad it works. C:

SilverxBlue wrote:For me it is because he is a megane, I always get attracted to their kind. And to think that he loves otome games, we'll probably get along fast if he was real. :wink:
Indeed! I'd love to meet a guy who can enjoy otome games with me. xD
It's a proof of their manliness! >:B

lazykitsune wrote:My opinion may not mean much, but your art is really great and the story is really interesting! I'll definitely be waiting for this!

Plus, you're working alone on the whole VN, which is what I'm struggling to do with my project(s). You're my hero! *u*
No, no, not at all! I really appreciate all the wonderful comments I receive--they get me pumped up to work on this project even more. :'D I was actually afraid people would think the ideas were too wack-o and stay away from it as far as they can. xDD
A-And thank you so much for the praise! I feel so undeserving of them. ;A; And oh, hey, Pinoy Pride! xD

Aozora210 wrote:Wow, this looks so cute! XD *puts on list*

Lol for guys who love otome and Asian dramas. I want some manly tears! XD

So the setting is sometime like modern day, isn't it? :-?
Thank you!
Because manly men shed manly tears! >:3
Yes, the game is set in a modern setting. Kinda like Princess Diaries (sorry, this is the only example that comes to my head at the moment) and modern day royal people. :3 Come to think of it, I should probably add that up there to avoid any confusion. xD

Nimuell
Regular

#15 Post by Nimuell »

renpao wrote:• Why does he refuse to show you that book he always carry around?
I just had a guess :'D There are all the tips and walkthroughs for his beloved otome games))
renpao wrote: I was actually hesitant about the yellow/golden eyes because his servant outfit is yellow too, lol. I'm glad it works. C:
His eyes (ok, one eye for now xD) look strangely hypnotizing... I tell you, I couldn't take my eyes of them for at least a minute! D: All glory to the hypnotoad?
Also his eyes resembled those of Range Murata's style a bit.