[WIP] Epic fantasy VN, prologue.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
SilentWolfie
Regular

[WIP] Epic fantasy VN, prologue.

#1 Post by SilentWolfie »

Words (story): 12,000 Words approximate, 99% done.
Art: 30% done.
Programming: 0%.
Proposed duration: 1hr +
Content: Prologue of an epic fantasy VN. No choices.

Hmm. I have no idea how to use ren'py at all (first time), and therefore needs someone to explain how the programming works.

First of all, I think I saw the basic functions are

Start
Load
Options

Say, if I am to hover over the word 'Start', it will use Picture B 'Start' which will be blue, over Picture A, it will therefore showing a change?

Main character Window sprite, same character as the Title's.

Main character's Cousin. Very unfinished CG, just testing to see how a make pretend textbox will look like. Very horrible background. Dude's a prince.

Cousin's sprite.

Cousin's invited partner for Main character's birthday ball. Haven't had time to fine tune details. 19 more days to VN june festival. -_-

Main character's dad. Yuck at the posture and clothes. -.-

Testing out Background lines. There's supposed to be walls and so on.

PS: I doubt I can give the summary within a few lines without spoiling quite a bit, so I guess I will refrain from that. There's some sexual innuendo and some violence. Errr. And I think it's best to call me Fox instead of silentwolfie.
PSS: If the veterans don't mind, can someone post his/her finished game codes in a PM for me to take a look? I'll credit you and I won't reveal the codes to anyone.
Last edited by SilentWolfie on Wed May 25, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

machinist
Regular

Re: [WIP] Epic fantasy VN, prologue.

#2 Post by machinist »

wow your art looks great!

i cant help you with start menu customization cuz i have no idea how to do that lol but

if you are really lost to even put characters on screen i suggest looking at

the tutorial game and the question codes (they are inside renpy)
and the quickstart guide http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/tutorials/Tutorials

the cookbook and faq section is quite helpful as well

this page tells u codes for colors
http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/doc/coo ... olor_names

and for your question about customizing menu try this thread
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... f=8&t=9812

renpao
Regular
Projects: Her Majesty!; •minutiae•

#3 Post by renpao »

I'm surprised this one only has one reply because I really think you deserve them...your art is beautiful. ;A;

I was going to answer your question, but I see that machinist has already answered them. If you have anymore Ren'Py-related questions, feel free to ask in the Ren'Py section of the forum and we'll gladly help you out over there. C:

Good luck on your project!
Moved to klonki. I won't be checking this profile anymore. Please direct your PMs over there, thank you!

SilentWolfie
Regular

#4 Post by SilentWolfie »

Thanks a lot. Well, I can't say much about the art because I think I'm actually not good enough (wants to go into the art direction). I did manage to get the custom menu to work with hover image. The preset load menu, however, goes back to the original preset menu. Guess I have to find out what codes to edit.

Hmm. Also got opening title music going on, really quite excited to listen to it. Next part is creating the character windows, but I'll head off to dinner first. Really don't have much time left, so I have no choice but to use photo mani + various things...

Edit: Currently... (22/05/2011)

The game contains 793 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 13,506 words,
for an average of 17.0 words per screen.
The game contains 0 menus.

Erm. Guess I'm not having a demo. Currently doing some more work on the presentation. Won't be anytime soon, unfortunately.

SilentWolfie
Regular

#5 Post by SilentWolfie »

My finger is kinda cramping up from overusage of wacom. I'll be resting for a while...

Let's see.......

Name: Relan
Race: Mortal (Treat him like a human. There's pretty Elves and dark Beasts as well.)
Weapon Type: Fencing swords/broadsword
Magic affinity: None.
Abilities:
- Wind-cutter (Boosts stats. Can infuse mana into sword and slash opponents for mid-range attacks).
- Able to discern magic artifacts by holding them.
- Average mage. He's more of a powerful true anti-mage.
- Obfuscating Stupidity. Means he's pretending to act stupid on more than one occasions, and is a pretty good liar/actor.

Notes:

This character name is Relan. He's the protagonist's older cousin, 14 years old. He's a pretty strong sword duelist and his recent accomplishment is 3rd in a tournament. He's quite level headed and pretty sharp, but always, always act less than that in front of his relatives and his own parents. He's also popular amongst his friends and he's generally charismatic enough to make it as a galge protagonist. He's pretty buffed too.

Sketch etc.

Going a little slower now, since I'm trying to improve on anatomy and posture. Coloring wise, I think I can get a pass. Hair needs improving as well.

Edit: I will appreciate if anyone is willing to help me on Sound effects so that I can cut down on some time searching for them. I am currently seeking

- Footsteps ranging from walk and run, as well as skidding (like basketball court)
- Forms of magic explosions (like Fate/Stay night, or magical girl series explosions)
- Swords clashing
- Spears thrusting
- Background audience talking (scene: Protagonist in the ball, many people talking.)
- Rustling sound effects
- Audible gripping sounds (can be gripping a leader chair as an example.)
- Clapping SE
- Any interesting magic SE
- Water splashing

Thanks. Your name will be credited for SE help.

SilentWolfie
Regular

#6 Post by SilentWolfie »

Alpha Version WIP, recruiting alpha testers.

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=11251