Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - updated JULY 11, 2012

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
bubblegumsmile

Re: Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - UPDATED JULY 13th, '11

#226 Post by bubblegumsmile »

This game looks amazing, and very professionally done!
I can't wait for it to come out.
If you find yourself needing more people, for proof reading or beta testing, let me know and I'd be happy to lend a hand!

Musashi
Regular
Projects: Yesoidos

#227 Post by Musashi »

Wow. I am green with envy over your art skills. The detail, the colors, the proportions really look pro-quality!

I think that the backgrounds fit in really well. Since the focus of the game is more on the character art and the GUI, having slightly less detail there could actually be a plus. Your work blends together beautifully.

About the in-game buttons: I agree with everyone else on the positioning. One minor criticism: the buttons somehow don't mesh with the the dialog frame. Maybe it's because the pastel buttons don't have the same polished look as the interior of the dialog box; maybe it's the mismatch with the brasswork. Could the buttons be integrated a bit more, like what you did here?
Or here?

Maybe you could use this style for all the GUI buttons?

That said, I am totally blown away by the size and quality of everything here; I can't believe you have 22k+ words already!

I can't wait for the demo!

(BTW, where can I learn to draw like *that*?)
(Work in progress)

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - UPDATED JULY 13th, '11

#228 Post by Riviera »

babyfish wrote:@spirit - sounds cool! If you'd like to be a proofreader, I'll add you on. :)

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I'm in the middle of trying to get a career off the ground and focusing on that!
Don't worry, that's a bit more important than a game. Much as it hurts me to say that. :lol:

I'll still be around to snap this up when it's ready!
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

spiritsongtress

#229 Post by spiritsongtress »

Please and thank you, if your interested in contacting me privately, spiritsongtress@gmail.com.

OMG Sooo pretty :)

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#230 Post by ririruetoo »

@babyfish

Good luck with your job! I know how hard it is to find a job nowadays ( at least in America) so I'm with you 100%!
Last edited by ririruetoo on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

meruthewingly

#231 Post by meruthewingly »

WOW! This looks absolutely amazing! I would definitely play this and pay for it too!

I would love if I could be a beta-tester for you, if you don't already have too many, hehe. I play otome games all the time, ones in Japanese too so I am very used to the set up and how games like that work. Plus, the guys you have drawn are just delicious looking :)

Dante is my first pick! :P

lazykitsune

#232 Post by lazykitsune »

Just wanted to say that everything about this game looks great! Your art is amazing! >u<
Good luck! I'll be keeping tabs on this topic~

Celestine
Veteran

#233 Post by Celestine »

If your working on your career there's nothing to be sorry about that.

Good luck on getting it off the ground~I hope your career suceeeds!
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

spiritsongtress

#234 Post by spiritsongtress »

Otome games for the win. I think we need to make American game companies aware that /girls /play games and need to be represented as such (ME (Mass Effect) gets close)..

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#235 Post by Cain0425 »

so true i am with you on that

MusicaFate
Regular
Organization: Hime*Ko Productions

#236 Post by MusicaFate »

>w< I hope this game comes out soon!! O: Is there is a specific month you will be releasing this??
Free Artist. :) PM ME ?~

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#237 Post by HikkiPanda »

MusicaFate wrote:>w< I hope this game comes out soon!! O: Is there is a specific month you will be releasing this??
It will be a while probably, since babyfish posted this in page 15.
babyfish wrote:Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I'm in the middle of trying to get a career off the ground and focusing on that!
Well, As long as it's not dropped then it still good for me X3

spiritsongtress

#238 Post by spiritsongtress »

As another note, I vote /yes/ there should be dateable girls, and yes lets continue to make otome games and nudge american video game companies to do dating sims... for girls (and boys) but more for girls. It's a good way to get girls into games... but there needs to be more story. The game 'Princess Party', "Waltz Princess'- or something like that was released here stateside a few years ago and it lacked... story, you were 'dancing' to impress some boy... *BORING*.

Training,life simulations with deeper story are nessacery for girls to want to play.

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#239 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

spiritsongtress wrote:As another note, I vote /yes/ there should be dateable girls, and yes lets continue to make otome games and nudge american video game companies to do dating sims... for girls (and boys) but more for girls. It's a good way to get girls into games... but there needs to be more story. The game 'Princess Party', "Waltz Princess'- or something like that was released here stateside a few years ago and it lacked... story, you were 'dancing' to impress some boy... *BORING*.

Training,life simulations with deeper story are nessacery for girls to want to play.
Are you talking about... *drumroll*
Princess Debut? <3 <3 <3

*dies due to sparkly-ness* I agree that it lacked a good storyline, but I think that the game was trying to focus more on the dancing mechanics. All the boys were there so that way you could choose from several different partners, not really so you could date them. Besides, it's a Natsume game! They're notorious for having rather flat characters *coughlookingatallHarvestMoonguyscough*

That stuff aside, I hope you can get your job going!
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

shanie019
Completed: N/A
Projects: N/A

#240 Post by shanie019 »

Hello, I am a new follower of this WIP. :D Be happy? XD -getsshot-
I would like to be a proofreader and a beta tester for your upcoming otome life simulation game. Even though English isn't my 1st language, I am still highly knowledgeable about the English Language.
Trust me, I have a 91 on my English class XD -shot-
I have lots of free time during fiesta :3
Hello! I don't have anything to say in my signature. Hahaha.