Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - updated JULY 11, 2012

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Veniae
Veteran

Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - UPDATED JULY 13th, '11

#256 Post by Veniae »

MusicaFate wrote:i had a scary dream...and the killer turned out to be the main character of this game~ xD
That is creepy. O.O

Celestine
Veteran

#257 Post by Celestine »

@babyfish Keep your head up, I'm sure you'll get in :D next time.

Can't wait to see what music pieces you pick :wink:
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Liz

Re: Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - UPDATED JULY 13th, '11

#258 Post by Liz »

I guess I have to say;
Wow. Just wow.
Wonderful GUI :)
It's brilliant and I can't wait til it's finished.

- ♥ Liz.
Liz Likes To Write :)
NEED A WRITER?
PM ME ♥

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

OMG RANT.

#259 Post by babyfish »

Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't been updating so much lately, and while I could easily give just all-around busyness as an excuse, there's actually another reason I haven't been posting at all on the forums so much.

Starting awhile ago, I've been receiving some rather rude, harassing, and hurtful PMs, which have caused me to avoid the forums for a while. I won't name names, because I've alerted my concerns to the staff and hoping that they'll deal with it as they see fit. If nothing is done, then I'm okay with that too, because I'm willing to put this sort of thing in the past and just move on with my life.

But frankly, it's a bit of a disillusionment when people absolutely refuse to let bygones be bygones and start hurling personal attacks just because they don't agree with your point of view. I realize that each is entitled to their own opinion, and I totally respect that. To be honest, though? A little tolerance and consideration for other people's feelings could do the world a bit of good.

That said, I'm not going to let someone else's lack of respect ruin my day, or make me feel inferior. I've got a job, I've got projects to work on, midterms to study for, and work applications to complete. Hell, there's a game I'd like to finish someday, and I really need to get hopping to it. Even if I am still a little sore, there's really not enough time in the day for me to mope or hold grudges over this sort of thing.

Besides, that's not what I'm here for. I'm here on this forum for you guys! Yeah, that's right, all of you folk who have been following me all this time! Your support is what motivates me to get this project going, and I'm gonna work hard not to let you guys down.

Sorry to dump this rant on you, but I had to let it out. I'm grateful for every listening ear out there. =) My schedule is hectic right now, but I'll continue to work on this project whenever I can!

Thanks and all the best.

love, babyfish
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

poppyrocks
Regular
Projects: ~FairyTale: The Wander's Test~,~ Boyguard ~

#260 Post by poppyrocks »

>=O Whaaat?! How come?! I don't see anything wrong with your game.

besides the fact ITS TOO BOOTIFUL <3<3
i guess there could be rants if ur game was about politics or religion but its an innocent gxb game >3<

I think your work/effort is awesome, don't give up!!
Remember you have alot of fans to back you up!! XDD <3<3<3

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#261 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ahh, man. That was bad. It's a shame there are people like that in the forums.

I'm glad you don't stop coming here, you still have so many people supporting you! Like us! :)
Good luck, babyfish!

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#262 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

*cracks knuckles* Alright, who needs their skulls split open? :x
But honestly, harassment over a few past discussions? That's just wrong. It's one thing to defend your opinions on an issue, then it's another thing to openly attack someone on personal terms (and even more so if you don't know them IRL). Hopefully the Admins will take care of them for you.

Anyways, remember that we fans always have your back! I support you! Fight fight! :D
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#263 Post by Snow Blossom »

Hmm, I haven't used that bat of mine for a while now, I'm sure it's just itching to get some action... :evil:
Seriously though, I don't even see why anyone should be complaining. And even resorting to hurtful PMs... that's just so low. Glad to see that you're not too upset by all this!
Just remember that you have a ton of supporters and that we'll always be cheering you on!

spiritsongtress

#264 Post by spiritsongtress »

Aww sorry to hear that, but reguardless we still CARE! You work is amazing, and you Babyfish are an amazing person to bring this to life!

Hurtful PMs... Grrr..

phantomphan31

#265 Post by phantomphan31 »

What the heck! Why would people be harassing you? This has to be the most beautiful game i have seen and you are doing an amazing job!! :) Dont let what people say bring you down! (the people that do such things are just a few of the many idiots out there and their opinion doesnt matter at all!) Keep up the good work!! I am cheering for you all the way!!! :) :) :) :)
I support
ImageImageImage

Kay

#266 Post by Kay »

It's sad that you had that experience on a forum that you want to be a part of. I'm glad you didn't let it spoil everything for you. Just keep in mind that you have every right to feel comfortable expressing your opinion here. That's what we all do, and we really should be capable of discussing things in a civil manner, even when we disagree. Harassment is not cool, and it's probably the sign of a coward, or someone with low self esteem.

That said, It's MY OPINION that you're smart, creative, and talented, and I cant wait for this game to be released. Please keep coming around Babyfish! We <3 you.
Image credit to Murry Lancashire.

LadyAvori
Regular

#267 Post by LadyAvori »

Kay wrote:Just keep in mind that you have every right to feel comfortable expressing your opinion here. That's what we all do, and we really should be capable of discussing things in a civil manner, even when we disagree. Harassment is not cool, and it's probably the sign of a coward, or someone with low self esteem.
I agree here. Harassing someone though the pm is ridiculously cowardly. And personal attacks are childish, I'd like to think we are all above that. Unfortunately there are plenty of internet jerks who act tough from the comfort of their own home under the protection of an alias.

Take comfort knowing that the community has your back.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#268 Post by ririruetoo »

Babyfish,

Who would dare be mean to you? Those person(s) should get a life! You've only ever been nice to me and others, nothing I would ever think of harrasing you over! Weird how some people think, huh? Well, I'm sorry people are giving you a rough time, if I knew them, I would totally give them a talking too! ( Oh wow, I just sounded like a parent!) Well, don't let this get you down, okay? We're still supporting you.
ImageImageImage

Celestine
Veteran

#269 Post by Celestine »

That's terrible. Hope your weeks will be better!
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#270 Post by babyfish »

Hey there, everyone!

Getting my butt kicked by exams and projects, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone's words of support and encouragement! You guys are honestly the best~ or as Kendall would say, "The bro-est of bros." <3

I haven't been receiving any more hate-messages, so I think it's safe to assume that the whole chapter is closed then. Let's all move on then! =D

Cheers!
bfish
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish