Kansei (Complete! See first post for link.)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

Kansei (Complete! See first post for link.)

#1 Post by sake-bento »

Edit: It's complete! Check it out here.

Official Site: http://sakevisual.com/kansei/

Ohai. Since production is nearing a good place, I've decided to make a WIP thread to show off and, of course, gather feedback. This is Kansei, the sequel to Jisei, and the second installment in sakevisual's Green Tea Line. There are Jisei spoilers in this thread, so back out if you don't like being spoiled. If you've already played Jisei or you don't mind spoilers, then please read on!

The nameless protagonist and his new "friends" follow up the case in Jisei by visiting William Auten, the head of Auten Engineering to discuss the murder from the day before. Unfortunately, Mr. Auten dies before they can speak with him, and all signs point to murder.

???
A teen boy with the ability to relive the dying moment of any corpse he touches. He travels from one city to the next and keeps his name a secret. His sarcastic streak hides the guilt he carries over the unsolved murder of his sister.

Detective Gurski - Voiced by Chris Niosi
A police Detective who seems to trust ??? almost immediately. He has a fairly grim outlook on life, and he has no patience for people who he considers to be cowards. He knows a lot more than he lets on, and he prefers to observe before taking action.

Naoki - Voiced by Micah Solusod
A college boy who is often mistaken for a girl because of his looks and mannerisms. He's quiet, polite, and extremely shy. He has an eidetic memory.

Aki - Voiced by Apphia Yu
Naoki's older twin sister. She's aggressive, confident, and very forward. She and Detective Gurski seem to have some bad blood between them due to past events. She can speak to others telepathically, but she is unable to read thoughts.

Li Mei - Voiced by Cherami Leigh
Li Mei lives with Aki and Naoki, but no one seems to want to talk about where she's from or what she can do. She doesn't speak very often.

The GUI has gotten a slight update from Jisei. The navigation system now looks like this. I think it's a lot prettier, and it's actually cut the amount of code in half. It's also lowered the number of clicks necessary to talk with people. : D

Game Features:
-At least one dead body
-Pictures
-Sounds
-Words

Facetious hyphen points aside, the game will be more than twice the length of Jisei for a single playthrough. The character art is by Deji, and the original soundtrack is by Marc. The game will be fully voiced. If you have any suggestions for bonus material (sketch gallery, music room, cast commentary, etc.), now is the best time to share them.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Kansei (Murder Mystery Game)

#2 Post by LVUER »

Is it going to be commercial again?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by sake-bento »

Yup. Same price as Jisei: $15USD. I'll be doing the usual discounts and giveaway contests as well.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

Yay, a giveaway contest. I'll definitely participate in it ヽ(´▽`)/

EDIT:
LOL, at least one dead body as a feature?

How about bundling Jisei as a bonus content? Or perhaps you could make special edition (which cost 5 dollars more but have Jisei as a bonus in it)?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#5 Post by jack_norton »

Looks good and the new interface seems indeed a big improvement over the first game and will probably attract non-VN players :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Arcanum
Veteran

#6 Post by Arcanum »

I effing loved the art for that, and the gameplay looks awesome (and it's fully voiced, woah!). Murder mysteries are my favorite kind of game.

Mirage
Veteran

#7 Post by Mirage »

I'm buying for sure~ ^o^
When is the estimate release date?

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by sake-bento »

LVUER wrote:EDIT:
LOL, at least one dead body as a feature?
It wouldn't be a very good murder mystery otherwise. XD
LVUER wrote: How about bundling Jisei as a bonus content? Or perhaps you could make special edition (which cost 5 dollars more but have Jisei as a bonus in it)?
Ooh, that would be cool.
jack_norton wrote:Looks good and the new interface seems indeed a big improvement over the first game and will probably attract non-VN players :)
I hope so. ^_^;;
Arcanum wrote:I effing loved the art for that, and the gameplay looks awesome (and it's fully voiced, woah!). Murder mysteries are my favorite kind of game.
I have a soft spot in my heart for voiced games. XD And yay for murder mysteries. : D
Mirage wrote:I'm buying for sure~ ^o^
When is the estimate release date?
Officially, it's Summer 2011, but we're trying our hardest to get it out before A-KON, so tentatively, sometime around June 10th.

Mirage
Veteran

#9 Post by Mirage »

Waiting impatiently for Kansei (game) to get Kansei (completed).

(Sorry for the horrible pun, I can't help it~ XD)

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#10 Post by GeneDNC »

LVUER wrote:How about bundling Jisei as a bonus content? Or perhaps you could make special edition (which cost 5 dollars more but have Jisei as a bonus in it)?
I second this idea very enthusiastically. Due to exchange rate shenanigans $15USD is quite a lot for me but something a little pricier with both games will definitely make a more appealing deal. Especially since the Jisei demo is so good and totally makes you want to play the game immediately.

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#11 Post by Snowflower »

I usually don't buy the commercial games. For one thing, I can't afford to continuously buy them. But if you make a bundle pack & slightly cheaper price like $20 for both, I will buy :3
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#12 Post by sayuri »

Oooh yay, excited for this. If I have one suggestion (even if it's a while off), the demo for Kansei should be quite a bit shorter than the one for Jisei was. The demo took up so much of the game, it was kinda disappointing after I bought it. Still love it though and will be watching Kansei!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

#13 Post by jack_norton »

Snowflower wrote:I usually don't buy the commercial games. For one thing, I can't afford to continuously buy them. But if you make a bundle pack & slightly cheaper price like $20 for both, I will buy :3
Considering this game is new and even sold at cheap price I don't think she'll do that kind of offer on release day :D
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by sake-bento »

Definitely working on a bundle. Still trying to figure out the exact numbers, since there are all sorts of shenanigans and extra bits that have to be factored in.

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

#15 Post by SilverHyena »

sake-bento wrote:Definitely working on a bundle. Still trying to figure out the exact numbers, since there are all sorts of shenanigans and extra bits that have to be factored in.
Oooh! A bundle! Well, I'll have to buy it at that point. I've been meaning to get the first one so the bundle idea sounds rockin' to me! :D

P.S. I like the game features list. :mrgreen: