Loren Amazon Princess RPG

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Loren Amazon Princess RPG

#31 Post by jack_norton »

WIP of the character screen. The mess you see on the right is just a check to see that the currently selected skilltree is correctly displayed :lol: I'll replace it with nice icons once they're ready, and will also add the right connections between the skills.
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#32 Post by jack_norton »

Two new images. The character screen was redesigned by a new artist and now looks better than my bad attempt (of course is just a sketch! not the final version):
I've decided to include a decent RPG system so including quests, skilltree and also inventory even if there won't be 99999 items like in many MMORPG :mrgreen:

Also, I've made my mind about the romance option, both in main game and in the add-on

lastly, after the great work she did with Spirited Heart yuri expansion I'm working again with Aleema to write the texts :)
computer games

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#33 Post by LVUER »

I love Doren clothes (the previous picture didn't reveal much ^_^ ).

When I first take a look at the chart (haven't read the text yet), I thought you're going to implement family/generation system (like if you end up with this character, you'll play as that one in the next generation).

Some characters look out of place from the rest. Are they all designer/drawn by same artist?

And why the three top characters (and middle most bottom) aren't romance-able? I love Dora's portrait >_< Yeah, blame me for loving loli.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#34 Post by jack_norton »

Yes are all from same artist :) I thought about having a Dora romance but didn't want to "risk" with some loli stuff yet :D
computer games

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#35 Post by jack_norton »

A small update on this. The battle/RPG engine is being made by Anima which is doing a great job :)
Also I finally found a style which I think fits better than others for the backgrounds:
the BG image is a bit blurry because isn't "final" yet, is still a WIP! I had to enlarge it in photoshop.
computer games

blakjak
Veteran

#36 Post by blakjak »

Sorry..can't...turn..away ^_^;

The style is really cool. Is it 3D based ?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#37 Post by jack_norton »

No no, everything is 2d :) I hate 3d!
computer games

maypaymusic
Regular

#38 Post by maypaymusic »

so which character are we playing at or which characters can we choose to play at? haha I got confused...is it the first row or the second row characters?
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#39 Post by Aleema »

You play as Saren (human guy) or Elenor (elf girl), who are in the 3rd row. Everyone in the relationship graph can be in your party (4th row expansion only).

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#40 Post by jack_norton »

A short update. Here's the current work-in-progress of the equipment screen (lots of standard font/renpy menu are still present of course):
as you click on the slot on the left, on the right you'll see which items you can equip in that slot. Fast, and eliminates the need to sort/filter inventory :)

And this one instead is the skilltree subscreen (all skills icons are missing obviously!)
as you hover on the skilltree on the right, you'll see the skill description on the left. I'm unsure if to keep this visualization/layout, since while for the inventory makes sense (on the right part there could be displayed 100 items to equip) on the skills maybe would be more clean to just display the skill description/effects in a smaller window under the skilltree itself. But of course those are the minor details, and we'll think about them once the "core features" are done!

So far I'm quite happy of the result 8)
computer games

Arcanum
Veteran

#41 Post by Arcanum »

This is looking so good. I love the art, all the characters are insanely beautiful (the UI, too)… I'm greatly interest in the 'sexier' atmosphere. The girls costumes… just WOW (congratulate the artist once again). I can't take my eyes off Elenor's cleavage. (It's a pity Sauzer is not dateable, though.)

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#42 Post by Blue Lemma »

Whoa, JN's venturing into the deep end there! :lol:
Nice art, though I'm not a fan of the third one in the first post. Looks too quasi-3D like something went wrong.
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#43 Post by jack_norton »

Arcanum wrote:This is looking so good. I love the art, all the characters are insanely beautiful (the UI, too)… I'm greatly interest in the 'sexier' atmosphere. The girls costumes… just WOW (congratulate the artist once again). I can't take my eyes off Elenor's cleavage. (It's a pity Sauzer is not dateable, though.)
Thanks, the males are wearing very sexy "costumes" too :) I have the B/W sketches of all CGs and this is going to be the most sexy game I've ever made (definitely 14+ years old rating). About Sauzer, I'm sure that once you see Amukiki, Rei and Mesphit in the game you'll be satisfied by the male romance options!
Blue Lemma wrote:Nice art, though I'm not a fan of the third one in the first post. Looks too quasi-3D like something went wrong.
yes that one was discarded immediately!
computer games

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#44 Post by Blue Lemma »

jack_norton wrote:this is going to be the most sexy game I've ever made (definitely 14+ years old rating).
Only 14? I thought I was in the LHH section when I first opened the thread! :lol: You know what they say: Go big, or go home. *17/18+ encouragement* (jk.... kind of)
jack_norton wrote:yes that one was discarded immediately!
I'm starting to see why you are successful at this ;)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#45 Post by jack_norton »

Well I think will ask Aleema (the only one to have the privilege to see the romance CG sketches) what rating she thinks the game will have. Some of the last CG with Chambara (the witch) are... even hotter, so...! :D
In any case will have an option to remove the sexy scenes completely so the game can be played by anyone.
computer games