[ON HOLD] - [WIP] Perfect Renassonce~ [DEMO v.2]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

[ON HOLD] - [WIP] Perfect Renassonce~ [DEMO v.2]

#1 Post by manga_otaku »

This is currently ON HOLD due to stressfulnessness. HOWEVER, I'm working on a shorter sidestory instead called Cherry Love~ A Perfect Renassonce Sidestory. Sorry to people who are gladly waiting for the full game~!
"Childhood friends? Hmm..."
DEMO v.2 IS UP (WINDOWS, MAC AND LINUX)~!
Tell me if it doesn't work please :)
Windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?ishbmtuwxscbzsl
Mac: http://www.mediafire.com/?0a5qgzg132aja9a
Linux: http://www.mediafire.com/?sfzd9n6a4ew47q2
What's new in Demo v.2?
- Chapter screens~
- BGM~
- NEW Takeshi~
- NEW Chapter~
[Including a awesome first encounter with Shingen...if you choose the right choices ;D]~
- SECOND Childhood memory, including "Take-chan" and "Shi-nii"~
SIX SEVEN OBTAINABLE GUYS~! *kyaaaah*
Number of endings TBC.

Perfect Renassonce Yes. 'Renassonce' is not a word in the dictionary, yet there are no rules which say I cannot make my own word up. Plus, the word 'Renassonce' fits in with the theme - kind of reminds me of harmony and tranquility :)

It's been ten years since you moved away due to your parents divorce. Due to an unforeseen accident where your mother has been injured, your grandparents force you and your mother back to your hometown for her to recuperate. In the meantime, you move in with your little brother Kei and your father.
On the way to school, you bump into an old friend from elementary school, Fiona (or better known as Fifi) and you remember how you used to play in a massive 'gang' with some other children:- a tubby little boy, a weak and girly boy, a boy four years older who teased girls a lot, a guy who bullied a lot of people, a lazy and wild boy, two twin boys who looked angelic and a tomboy girl. Along the way, you discover that not soon after you left this 'gang' disbanded and everyone went their separate ways in life.

The game involves you as the main character as you go to High School, bumping into everyone who you once knew. Some remember who you are and other don't, but on a whole you go through your high school life with ups and downs, tears and laughter, etc. Make friends, enemies and you might even find your love in these old 'croonies' of yours.

You (Default name: Yumi)
Happy, cheerful and slightly tomboyish, you've returned to your hometown due to your mother's accident. Your grandparents forced your mother to return back to her hometown hospital to recuperate and you have temporarily moved in with your brother Kei and father. You attend second year of high school, class 2-C.
Kei
Your younger brother by two years. Ten years ago he stuck to you like a duckling, but now he's more distant and likes to annoy you. 3rd year of middle school.
[Note: As much as I would like, Kei is NOT an obtainable.]
Fiona 'Fifi'
Clusmy girl who happened to be your best friend in elementary school. An airheaded but caring person. She is your cousin from your father's side, but did not keep in contact during the ten years you were away. Second year of high school, class 2-A.
Ami
Used to be a tomboyish girl, yet stopped once she reached puberty. Mature and sophisticated, she seems to act and look much older than the rest of the 'gang'. Second year of high school, class 2-B.
Takeshi
Shy, timid and girly-looking, surprisingly Takeshi used to be the bully of the group. As he grew older though, his mother's foreign features seemed to dominate his genes and gave him the face he has now. Constant bullying throughout middle school has left him this way. Second year of high school, class 2-C.
Katsuya
Katsuya used to be the weak and girly boy. Now, he's student council president and his motto is 'To cherish all girls as equal as possible.' A bit of a player, but he means no harm. Second year of high school, class 2-D.
Shingen
Older brother in the supposed 'angelic twins', Shingen is a bit of a delinquent. He goes to school, as his parents told him he must go, but he skips classes and hangs around with the seniors on the rooftop. Third year of high school, class 3-A.
Mitsuoki
Younger brother in the supposed 'angelic twins'. Mitsuoki was bullied due to his height until he evened off with his brother, Shingen. Yet, traumatic memories remain in his heart and he hardly attends school. Due to his lack of attendance, he has been held back two years already. First year of high school, class 1-B.
Mabuchi
Weak Mabuchi used to be the tubby little boy that clung to you. He has a weak heart yet after undergoing many operations his health has stablised and he attends school. Secretary in the student council, he does most of the work with Motoichi due to Katsuya lazy ways. Second year of high school, class 2-A.
Kojuro
Being four years old OLDER (sorry typo) yet having a baby face, Kojuro is the student teacher of your class. He started the same year that you joined and will stay with your class, 2-C, for six months.
Motoichi
Motoichi was the lazy and wild boy. When you first meet him you do not recognise him due to his well-manners and cleaniness. He is the vice-president in the student council and does most of the work with Mabuchi. Remains of his childhood linger in him, as he sometimes releases his 'restrained' demonic side. Third year of high school, class 3-B.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Progress~!
Sprites: 100%~
Writing/Story: <20%~ (Hey, bear with me! >3<")
BGs: 99.999999...%~ (Might change still~)
BGM & SFX: <70%~ (Still working on it.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*hugs* (>^^)><(^^<)
Sprites by catdodo
BGs from here
Last edited by manga_otaku on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:32 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: [WIP] Perfect Renassonce

#2 Post by fleet »

Pardon my ignorance, but I can't find renassonce in my dictionary. Is this a non-English word?
Do you mean renaissance, renascene, or perhaps resonance?
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#3 Post by manga_otaku »

I don't know. I think I just mixed it up, but nothing says you can't have a new word :D I'll just say it means linking together - kinda like harmony? xD
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#4 Post by Sapphi »

You're right, there are no rules you can't invent a word, but you might want to rethink that decision since my initial thought when I saw this topic was "Oh no, another person who doesn't know how to spell "renaissance" correctly..." You don't want to put off potential readers if they think (correctly or not) that you can't spell. Just a suggestion.

I like the idea of meeting an old "gang" whose members have become totally different. But... is "Being four years old yet having a baby face" a typo? Because unless he's a robot, that's a really mature-looking four year old. :lol:

The sprites are lovely (I especially like Katsuya!) but I can't stop seeing the resemblance between Fiona and the MC and her brother. It's mostly the hair color being the same as the MC, but the face is similar too. Are they secretly related?
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

manga_otaku
Veteran

#5 Post by manga_otaku »

Sapphi wrote:You're right, there are no rules you can't invent a word, but you might want to rethink that decision since my initial thought when I saw this topic was "Oh no, another person who doesn't know how to spell "renaissance" correctly..." You don't want to put off potential readers if they think (correctly or not) that you can't spell. Just a suggestion.

I like the idea of meeting an old "gang" whose members have become totally different. But... is "Being four years old yet having a baby face" a typo? Because unless he's a robot, that's a really mature-looking four year old. :lol:

The sprites are lovely (I especially like Katsuya!) but I can't stop seeing the resemblance between Fiona and the MC and her brother. It's mostly the hair color being the same as the MC, but the face is similar too. Are they secretly related?
ACH! TYPO! I meant old'er', not old xD He wouldn't be able to be a student teacher if he was 4 xD

OOH! Maybe they could be cousins or something xD I mean, cousins can be best friends :D But then why wouldn't they have met for ten years...hmm.
Projects:

broken_angel
Veteran
Completed: Memoirs of an Angel (2010)
Projects: Memoirs of an Angel (Remake); W.I.S.H

Re: [WIP] Perfect Renassonce {Renassonce is a new word~!}

#6 Post by broken_angel »

I believe you mean being able to resonate well, yes?
Then the word is resonance. xD

Or you can just invent your word, I guess. C:
Last edited by broken_angel on Thu May 26, 2011 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#7 Post by RemnantDream »

manga_otaku wrote:But then why wouldn't they have met for ten years...hmm.
Hm. Maaybe she used to go to a private school but then for some reason had to go to private school. Or the MC moved too far away for them to get to see each other. Or, since the MC lived with her mom, maybe Fifi could be from the other side of the family. I don't know these are random ideas :3

This sounds pretty interesting though. Kei is cuuute. But I like the Angelic Twins best :D

manga_otaku
Veteran

#8 Post by manga_otaku »

broken_angel wrote:I believe you mean being able to resonate well, yes?
Then the word is resonance. xD

Or you can just invent your word, I guess. C:
Creating words~! Yaaay~! ^^
RemnantDream wrote:
manga_otaku wrote:But then why wouldn't they have met for ten years...hmm.
Hm. Maaybe she used to go to a private school but then for some reason had to go to private school. Or the MC moved too far away for them to get to see each other. Or, since the MC lived with her mom, maybe Fifi could be from the other side of the family. I don't know these are random ideas :3

This sounds pretty interesting though. Kei is cuuute. But I like the Angelic Twins best :D

Those are veeeeery good ideas. I may have to mention somewhere about that. Hm. I know! I fix the beginning a bit~!

What troubles me is the actual trying-to-get-the-love-part-of-the-VN in the story. Scripts annoy me but Novelty annoys me even more with it's awkward .nml and .nvz files >w<
Projects:

RemnantDream
Veteran

#9 Post by RemnantDream »

manga_otaku wrote:What troubles me is the actual trying-to-get-the-love-part-of-the-VN in the story.
Do you mean like her reasoning for trying to get them? Or actually writing about the trying-to-get-love-blah part? o_o

manga_otaku
Veteran

#10 Post by manga_otaku »

RemnantDream wrote:Do you mean like her reasoning for trying to get them? Or actually writing about the trying-to-get-love-blah part? o_o
Yeah.
1) I'm not an awesome writer at love scenes - I'm kind of a tsundere myself you see xD
2) I was thinking of stat building and inventories, but I'm getting flustered with them. The scripting is weird and so I was thinking of a 'follow the choices to get the guy you want' type of thing.

I'm also in the middle of the massive end of year GCSEs for Year 11 (England - woop >_>) so I'm a bit strange in starting not only one, but two VNs at this time xD
Projects:

RemnantDream
Veteran

#11 Post by RemnantDream »

manga_otaku wrote:
RemnantDream wrote:Do you mean like her reasoning for trying to get them? Or actually writing about the trying-to-get-love-blah part? o_o
Yeah.
1) I'm not an awesome writer at love scenes - I'm kind of a tsundere myself you see xD
2) I was thinking of stat building and inventories, but I'm getting flustered with them. The scripting is weird and so I was thinking of a 'follow the choices to get the guy you want' type of thing.

I'm also in the middle of the massive end of year GCSEs for Year 11 (England - woop >_>) so I'm a bit strange in starting not only one, but two VNs at this time xD
Ah. Well, I just finished school ^__^ But I started VNs when I was in school, but I started about 5 of them..-__- If you need some help, I'll be glad to help you.

When you said "GCSEs" I was just like..whut? Because my school is GCS :o Just a random fact xD

Personally, I think it's easier to make romantic plots affection based because you have to write less xD But that's just me. I'm not experienced enough to do inventory or anything though .-.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#12 Post by manga_otaku »

RemnantDream wrote:When you said "GCSEs" I was just like..whut? Because my school is GCS :o Just a random fact xD

Personally, I think it's easier to make romantic plots affection based because you have to write less xD But that's just me. I'm not experienced enough to do inventory or anything though .-.
I think I'll take out the stat-building and inventory shizz. Too complicated and so many letters it'll make my eyesight worse - it's bad enough already~! O_O"

GCSEs kill me T_T They're like the babies of A Levels (if you have them xD)
Projects:

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#13 Post by Snow Blossom »

Very cute art! ^^
I lol'd when I read Katsuya's character description :lol: He reminds me of Aaya from Fruits Basket for some reason
Since I love double personalities, Motoichi is also a win for me :P

manga_otaku
Veteran

#14 Post by manga_otaku »

Snow Blossom wrote:Very cute art! ^^
I lol'd when I read Katsuya's character description :lol: He reminds me of Aaya from Fruits Basket for some reason
Since I love double personalities, Motoichi is also a win for me :P
Lawl. I suppose Katsuya is a bit like Aaya, but Aaya stuck to Mine only :3
Projects:

manga_otaku
Veteran

#15 Post by manga_otaku »

Here are the statistics of the Demo v.1:
Statistics:
The game contains 234 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 1,802 words,
for an average of 7.7 words per screen.
The game contains 3 menus.
Projects: