Darlings Lost (Inactive)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
PrettySammy09
Veteran

Re: Darlings Lost

#31 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Excited for this, obviously. ;)

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#32 Post by carosene »

Thank you! X3
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

carosene
Veteran

#33 Post by carosene »

Hi guys. I have a really depressing post to post. o.o

Darlings Lost is on a hiatus that will probably be permanent. :(

As you may know, the first draft of Darlings Lost was written quite a while ago, back in the summer of 2009 (before I even wrote TCAST.)
About half of the game is written around one specific event that isn't mentioned in the intro. (It'd be a spoiler.) Then, a few months ago, that event happened to me in real life, and then I realized I totally didn't do the subject justice, and it needs a major overhaul. But now I don't have the energy to spend on it both in real life and in my free time. o.o I'm just not in a good head space to write something entertaining about it. :(

I hate it when people announce things and then retract them, and I'm very disappointed in myself for becoming "that person." >.< Hopefully I can make another awesome game in the future and earn my credibility back. (I do have some things in the works, hopefully I'll have something to announce soon. :))

Thanks to everyone who followed Darlings Lost and wished it well! It meant a lot to me.
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Fawn
Moe Imouto

Re: Darlings Lost (Inactive)

#34 Post by Fawn »

There's nothing to be ashamed of! It's not like you're running away from the project because you're bored and lazy (like most people who run away from their games), it's a personal problem that is halting the progress and that is understandable.

If you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me. We may have/be having the same troubles...

carosene
Veteran

Re: Darlings Lost (Inactive)

#35 Post by carosene »

Thanks so much. o.o;; I will definitely keep that in mind. :)
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA