[WIP] Cherry Love~ A Perfect Renassonce Sidestory [DEMO v.1]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

[WIP] Cherry Love~ A Perfect Renassonce Sidestory [DEMO v.1]

#1 Post by manga_otaku »

"Urrrrghhhh..."
Demo is up~ It's short. Bear with me xD
It takes too long to upload separately on MediaFire, so I uploaded the combined one. Tell me if it doesn't work.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?i6e5116fd1pdiux
Demo includes:
- Introduction of all main characters
- Love letter scene
- Part 1 of the guys' stories
Cherry Love~ A Perfect Renassonce Sidestory

Third year of middle school, it's your last whole year before you split up with your school friends and enter Fujiwasa High School - an all girls high school~! Your best friend is Kei, Yumi's kid brother in Perfect Renassonce, as well as Midori and Koshiro. You and Midori have been together since you met at Mikane Elementary and due to an incident in the first year of middle school, Kei and Toshiro also became your friends - thus you all became the infamous quartet due to your incompatible personalities.

You play as the MC, Cherei. Unfortunately, there are only two obtainable guy and you meet some obstacles in the way, but eventually you will find out who it is. The true ending is obviously with Kei and Koshiro is a nice bishie as a sidedish to satisfy your hunger~! It starts with an unknown love letter, signed with the letter 'K'. When you show this to Midori, she tells you that she thinks that it must be one of the boys so...you find out~!

Cherei
You. A cheery tomboy who find guys as brethen rather than the opposite gender. Yet, due to the love letter you realise that you can't be friends forever and you set off to find who the mysterious 'K' is.
Midori
Your best friend since elementary school, she is the complete opposite of you. Quite, gentle and adoring the colour pink, she's a genuine girly girl. She prompts you to go find out who the mysterious 'K' is.
Kei
Became friends with him at the start of middle school. He enjoys teasing Midori and enjoys it even more when you jump in to protect her from his antics. You and Kei tend to have a confusing relationship, as other see you to be enemies yet you are of best friends. Despite his personality you all know that he really cares for you guys and that he protects Midori when other guys harass her. Alert! What does this mean?! Does he like Midori?!
Koshiro
Cheery and kind, he's opposite to Kei. He is an idol in Hanabe Middle School due to his kind actions and the mature atmosphere that hangs around him. He's the peacekeeper in your group, stepping into arguments before they get too heated. You and Koshiro hung out together due to Kei, but became actual friends after you saved a kitten floating away in a box down the river together. Sorry! Cheesy I know xD
Fumiko
Kei's ex-girlfriend. If you chose Kei's story, then she will be one of the obstacles that interfere with your plans. Although they dated and broke up within two weeks in the second year of middle school, she has not gotten over him. Instead, she went for a makeover to try and seduce Kei back. Two-faced - nice and girly when Kei is around, but completely different when he's not. For being middle schoolers they sure are mature and sharp-minded these days...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Progress~!
Sprites: 100%~
Writing/Story: >14% (Dude. Brain lapse... >3<")
BGs: 99.99999...% (TBC. 'nuff said.)
BGM & SFX: 99.99999...% (Might change more or less.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*hugs* (>^^)><(^^<)
Sprites by catdodo
BGs from here
Last edited by manga_otaku on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Snow Blossom
Veteran

Re: [WIP] Cherry Love~ A Perfect Renassonce Sidestory

#2 Post by Snow Blossom »

Ooh it's cute~! Cherei's sprite is especially adorable, although her expression is more girly than Midori's :D I'm guessing it's not going to be that long since it's a side story?

manga_otaku
Veteran

#3 Post by manga_otaku »

Snow Blossom wrote:Cherei's sprite is especially adorable, although her expression is more girly than Midori's :D
I guess the sample Midori doesn't really show her face xD I'll change it in a bit.
Snow Blossom wrote:I'm guessing it's not going to be that long since it's a side story?
I don't know how long PR is going to be yet, since I've only got about <13% of the scripting done? So it might be pretty long. Therefore, I might make this one quite long as well - between 45 to 75 mins of gameplay? I don't know, it'll depend on how my mind wants to work :)
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

manga_otaku
Veteran

Re: [WIP] Cherry Love~ A Perfect Renassonce Sidestory [DEMO

#4 Post by manga_otaku »

Demo is up~
Statistics:

The game contains 271 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 2,202 words,
for an average of 8.1 words per screen.
The game contains 3 menus.
Projects:

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#5 Post by Snow Blossom »

manga_otaku wrote:Therefore, I might make this one quite long as well - between 45 to 75 mins of gameplay? I don't know, it'll depend on how my mind wants to work :)
Yaaaay!!! I love longer games cuz they're usually more developed!! :)

Oh and btw I love the clothes :3

Azania
Projects: ~Black Sorrow~

#6 Post by Azania »

Even though it was short, I really enjoyed the demo. I love all of the characters especially Kei <3 and the sprites are so adorable D; I look forward to when the game is complete :D <3
Image Currently working on: ~Black Sorrow~ GxB Otome game

manga_otaku
Veteran

#7 Post by manga_otaku »

Thanks everyone xD Jyst another 11 exams left and then I'll be free to spend a load of time in these projects~!
Projects:

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#8 Post by RemnantDream »

That was a good demo ^^ But the font was a little hard to read. But I liked it. Especially Kei.

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#9 Post by babyfish »

Very cute! Good start, and looks interesting, but as Rem said ^, the font is rather hard to read.
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Riviera »

I have to repeat the font thing.. it looked very nice, but certain letters were a bit hard to make out at first.

That said, I had a lot of fun with this. Kei is adorably infuriating, and I hope we get the chance to dump ice down his pants or dye his hair with kool aid/food coloring or something else deliciously evil before the game is done. Gotta love that crazy rivalry romance.

Koshiro is very sweet too! Less rocky, but it was nice to go over and talk to him after it got a little too wild with Kei.

My only real complaint was the length. I wanted the demo to be longer so I could see more of the characters. :D
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

manga_otaku
Veteran

#11 Post by manga_otaku »

babyfish wrote:Very cute! Good start, and looks interesting, but as Rem said ^, the font is rather hard to read.
RemnantDream wrote:That was a good demo ^^ But the font was a little hard to read. But I liked it. Especially Kei.
Riviera wrote:I have to repeat the font thing.. it looked very nice, but certain letters were a bit hard to make out at first.
I shall see to it immediately~! xD
Riviera wrote:My only real complaint was the length. I wanted the demo to be longer so I could see more of the characters. :D
Well...oh well ;D I'll upload another demo soon - I'm obsessed with trying to transfer the Kismet~ The Murder Files script onto Ren'Py from Novelty at the mo xD
Projects:

manga_otaku
Veteran

#12 Post by manga_otaku »

Note: this isn't dead. I'm just going through the ARGHIHATEWRITINGSOMUCHRIGHTNOWTHATMYMINDISGOINGTOBLOW phase.
It'll be up and running again sooooooon...~
Projects:

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Riviera »

It better be!

Uhhh...

Before next summer or this guy gets it! I'll do it! I'll mess up his hair!
Just kidding of course. It would be far too evil to mess up that cute look.
Woo, my 500th post! I even got to put a picture of a cute bishie into it.~
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

manga_otaku
Veteran

#14 Post by manga_otaku »

Riviera wrote:It better be!

Before next summer or this guy gets it! I'll do it! I'll mess up his hair!
NOOOOOOOO! DON'T DO IT! DON'T! I'LL GET IT DOWN! I PROMISE! JUST PROMISE ME YOU WON'T!!!!! *BREAKSDOWN*
*hides in corner mumbling to self*
Riviera wrote:Woo, my 500th post! I even got to put a picture of a cute bishie into it.~
Yaay~! Congratulations~!
Projects:

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#15 Post by Wright1000 »

Please use a different font.
It is hard to read using that font.
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.