[otome] I11 dating sim

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
fioricca
Veteran
Completed: Rising Angels Reborn (2013), Rising Angels Fates: Allegiance (2017)
IRC Nick: souten

[otome] I11 dating sim

#1 Post by fioricca »

Hello everyoneee.

Testing out Ren'py; my first time with it, so I thought I'd make something simple. The characters are from the soccer anime Inazuma Eleven, but you can still play this game without knowing the series itself - the story bears no relevance to canon events.

Image Image
Image Image

Windows: http://www.4shared.com/file/81qG_OJg/orz-win32_2.html
Mac: http://www.4shared.com/file/7mt3xDNm/orz-mac.html

I didn't tinker with styling at all as I still haven't figured out how to do that yet - I didn't think that it would be necessary with a simple VN-styled game like this, but mostly because I don't know how to do so. |///D As mentioned before, this is my first game so all sorts of feedback is greatly welcome *_* I know that the colours/art is very inconsistent, the backgrounds are lazy and the story is overused and uncreative. FEEL FREE TO SCREAM AT ME FOR THAT TOO.......

Thanks so much for the help and feedback in advance! *A*
Last edited by fioricca on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

sorani
Veteran

Re: [otome] I11 dating sim

#2 Post by sorani »

I love your art style! It's so pretty! I downloaded the game, but I've yet to play it....I'll get on it soon. And also, if this game is completed even if it is your first game, shouldn't it be in the completed games section? But if you're still working on it, then never mind!

fioricca
Veteran

#3 Post by fioricca »

Oh it's still in progress |D Thank you so much; so thrilled to hear that you like the art. ♥

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#4 Post by azureXtwilight »

I like it! I really like the way you write~ :D
Please do continue making this game :3

P.S : Dylan is my fave, am I weird? XD

PPS : I checked the wiki of inazuma eleven, at it seems like you took the minor character~ :D
Any reason?

fioricca
Veteran

#5 Post by fioricca »

Aaa thank you so much! Writing is something I have little confidence in, so that means a lot. Thank youuu!

XD All of them are indeed side characters, with the exception of Fideo. And umm if I had to cite a reason, I guess I just like these guys too much |D Pres Hino, the creator of Inazuma Eleven, has announced that he is seriously considering making an official I11 otome game; however you can bet your pennies that it will feature popular main characters, hence these kids will be neglected as they're not that important. I thought it would be cool to have an otome game featuring the captains of the various international teams so I went with the popular Italian (Fideo), English (Edgar) and American teams (Mark and Dylan).

sdgfshdgh I am going to sound like an even bigger tool if I continue. So THANK YOU; I had a lot of fun writing Dylan, I'm really glad you enjoyed him. :D

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#6 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Ooooh, the characters are cute :)
You drew them so nicely :)

Good luck ^_^

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#7 Post by Camille »

Oh my gosh an Inazuma Eleven game, haha! This is awesome. (I've got Sakuma in my avatar) I really like your art style. *_* I feel like I'd rather pair up Mark and Dylan than date them myself, though. XD

fioricca
Veteran

#8 Post by fioricca »

@Lumen_Astrum: sdjfhdsj I'm flattered! Thank you so much for the support!

@Camille: HAHA I KNOW RIGHT ;-; I've tried my best to minimise the heroine's/player's participation by stealing Persona 3's narration style, such that most of the focus falls on the characters instead. I'm not sure how successful I am in this regard, but I totally hear you there.

HELLO SAKUMA. Thank you for the support, and I'm happy to hear you like the art - it means a lot!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#9 Post by Camille »

fioricca wrote:@Camille: HAHA I KNOW RIGHT ;-; I've tried my best to minimise the heroine's/player's participation by stealing Persona 3's narration style, such that most of the focus falls on the characters instead. I'm not sure how successful I am in this regard, but I totally hear you there.

HELLO SAKUMA. Thank you for the support, and I'm happy to hear you like the art - it means a lot!
Ah, that sounds awesome. XD Even if it wasn't a dating sim, I think it'd be fun to see the i11 guys in another context, anyway. Also, I'm on a Mac, so if you could make a Mac distribution, I'd love it. ;A;

Anyway, if you need any help, just holler! I'd be happy to design the UI for you if you want something a bit more fancy.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#10 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

fioricca wrote:@Lumen_Astrum: sdjfhdsj I'm flattered! Thank you so much for the support!
No problem, and oh. I just looked at the wikipedia article of Inazuma Eleven, and I'm pretty surprised that even though I've never heard of the title, when looking at the cover, it suddenly looks familiar... I think I saw it will be coming soon on our local channel.

Soon after, I'll know what are they talking about, hooya! xD (even though you say that there's no requirement on watching it, it will make the experience fun at the very least! :))

fioricca
Veteran

#11 Post by fioricca »

Ah, that sounds awesome. XD Even if it wasn't a dating sim, I think it'd be fun to see the i11 guys in another context, anyway. Also, I'm on a Mac, so if you could make a Mac distribution, I'd love it. ;A;

Anyway, if you need any help, just holler! I'd be happy to design the UI for you if you want something a bit more fancy.
whsgdhf silly me. Sorry for that; here you go! http://www.4shared.com/file/7mt3xDNm/orz-mac.html

Aww man that is so sweet of you. Thanks a lot, I'll keep that in mind!

No problem, and oh. I just looked at the wikipedia article of Inazuma Eleven, and I'm pretty surprised that even though I've never heard of the title, when looking at the cover, it suddenly looks familiar... I think I saw it will be coming soon on our local channel.

Soon after, I'll know what are they talking about, hooya! xD (even though you say that there's no requirement on watching it, it will make the experience fun at the very least! :))
Eee I see; do enjoy! I personally think the anime gets more and more awful as time passes but the characters are worth checking out. My take on the characters is somewhat different to canon, I do hope that it's not disappointing...... |///D

stellacisem
Regular

#12 Post by stellacisem »

the art looks really good! if you need help with anything other than coding, let me know ;) oh BTW, what is this story about? I can't download the demo because the site is blocked in my country. *sigh* (I think it is time I search this Inazuma Eleven :D )
I waited for [more than] ten years, eleven months, thirty days, 12 hours and 26 minutes. then i finally had to admit i wasn't getting an acceptance letter from Hogwarts.

fioricca
Veteran

#13 Post by fioricca »

Aaah thank you so much! It's so sweet of you to offer help; I'll keep that in mind. ♥ I don't believe it - I never liked 4shared that much myself but I got an account because I thought it wouldn't be blocked anywhere O_O";; What hosting site works for you? I could re-up it elsewhere......

(Have fun with the series XD)

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#14 Post by Snow Blossom »

Played the demo... It was really cute! And that was one good cliffhanger :3
Mark and Fideo are definitely my favorites... like pancakes and pasta :)
Great job so far and good luck with this!

fioricca
Veteran

#15 Post by fioricca »

Thank you so much! ♥ So thrilled to hear that you liked it!

Everyone in this forum is so nice, it means a lot that you'd try the game despite not knowing the characters haha q_q