[WIP] Freezing -a short vn

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

[WIP] Freezing -a short vn

#1 Post by GeneDNC »

My first visual novel making project. I have an outline for a different, longer vn, but since this is my first I decided to keep it as short as I can while learning as much as I can in the process.

Title: Freezing
Genre: (tiny)slice of life
About: Freezing is a short visual novel about a man who is cold at work and what he can do about it. (There isn’t much else I can say about the plot, because truly that is all there is to it. There might be sequels though.)

Characters (these details may or may not be apparent in the story):

James Rutherford is a run-of-the-mill employee at a large insurance company called iSure (he thinks it’s lame too). He earns a decent salary but doesn’t always know what to spend it on. His favourite season is autumn but he doesn’t like winter and he really doesn’t like being cold. He thinks a girlfriend will help him with the latter, but as of this writing has had no success in finding one. He generally keeps to himself but is friendly on impact.

Amelia Katkar is a relatively new employee at iSure and a rising star in the insurance industry. She was headhunted from a rival company and walked into a well paying and important position. She loves winter because the clothes are prettier and she has a high tolerance for the cold. She hasn’t been in a top-level position long enough to forget what it’s like at the bottom, so is seen as approachable, understanding and friendly by her coworkers.

Francis Miller is the branch manager where James and Amelia work. He is generally disliked by the employees and they enjoy making up nicknames for him. There is an unwritten rule that if Francis catches you using the current nickname it is your responsibility to think up a new one.

Candice Schmitt is an employee of iSure. Not much else is known about her at this point.

Progress:
Story: 60% (if I don’t stop constantly rewriting it)
Character art: 50% -by Appendagechild
Background art: 2%
Programming: 15% is my best guess because I don’t actually know how much programming this will take.
Music: 0%

Recruitment:
Background artist –I am attempting the bgs myself which I’m pretty sure will end badly so it’d be awesome if someone can help me out here. I need 3.
CG artist –I am still debating whether or not to include some.
Last edited by GeneDNC on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

Re: [WIP] Freezing -a short vn

#2 Post by Elenakiara »

Oh, this seems like an interesting story. We don't have many slice-of-life stories that differ from the highschool/school settings, so I look forward to playing this game! :)
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#3 Post by Sapphi »

I like the premise already! The description for Frances made me laugh. I can relate to poor James because I hate being cold too, especially at work and school >_< Looking forward to this!
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

I think it's not a big deal, but I'm going to say it, just in case... There's a (Japanese) manga with exact same name/title, Freezing.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW