[WIP] Day Of Reckoning

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

Re: [WIP] Day Of Reckoning

#16 Post by manga_otaku »

Update 16/05 wrote:I got bored so I made this :)
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

manga_otaku
Veteran

#17 Post by manga_otaku »

Update 18/06 wrote:I've managed to get everyone but Kayo introduced so far (I really don't want to bring her in >3<). I've also got all the music and SFX I need, give or take a few swapsies here and there. I'm about to get to the beginning of the revenginess - any ideas on good revenge pranks/plans/tasks/etc? Ryuu will literally lap up your words like a dog ;D. Here's the screenshots of the main and prefs menu by the way:
Screenshots wrote: Image
I've also got what the calls will look like: As in, whatwillappearwhenyoucallorsomeonecallsyou.
Yes. Kayo will be able to call you or vice versa (though you probably won't be able to call her unless I tweek it into a VN after this comes out.)
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#18 Post by Snow Blossom »

Um... maybe something like standing him up for a date or making him buy a lot of stuff and then throwing it out? Or acting lovey-dovey with another guy in front of him? ... I'm not good with pranks, sorry >3>

manga_otaku
Veteran

#19 Post by manga_otaku »

Snow Blossom wrote:Um... maybe something like standing him up for a date or making him buy a lot of stuff and then throwing it out? Or acting lovey-dovey with another guy in front of him? ... I'm not good with pranks, sorry >3>
Ahhh~ *sighs* The typical shoujo manga revenge pranks *cackles*
They're going in whether people like them or not xP
Update 19/06 wrote:I've put in a bonus (because I'm have writer's block at the moment) button with 3 extra bonuses once you finish the game - no CGs or profile galleries because 1) I have no CGs and 2) Profile galleries annoy me. One of the bonuses has a menu for 3 choices, so I guess that a bonus wrapped in a bonus xD Plus - new bonus pages and I've made credits pages too :3 The things you get up to when you're suffering through writer's block *sighs* Anyways...my brain should be working again after an hour or three, so I'll mess around with the bonuses or I'll read some manga for now.

Adios~!

EDIT: I think you'll really like the bonuses - past memory, quizzes, interview (where I'm the awesome interviewer) and after the game stories? You'll like it :D If I do it properly...
There's also a reward in the credits afteryou finish the game, so don't go trying to get the reward by clicking on the credits before you finish the game :3 Teehee
*hands out digital cookies*
*hides in corner*
Projects:

manga_otaku
Veteran

#20 Post by manga_otaku »

Update 22/06 wrote:I'm not dead! Just working slowly and carefreely :)
Statistics: wrote:
The game contains 174 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 1,600 words,
for an average of 9.2 words per screen.
The game contains 4 menus.
The menus aren't available choices in-game. They're outside in the bonus (except one for confirmation of the name).
Projects:

manga_otaku
Veteran

#21 Post by manga_otaku »

Update 24/06 wrote:I've basically almost finished the bonuses, except the quizzes which I'll do after I finish the main story. I'm about 30% into the storyline - give or take some changes after I release a beta.
Speaking of which...
Here's something to fill out:
Questionnaire wrote: 1) Would you like a demo release?
2) If yes, how much would you like to see? Please don't say all of it and make me cry. That would not be a demo. That would be the game.
3) Would you be interested in proofreading and/or beta-testing when needed? Don't worry. I'll go make another credit screen just for you and I'll throw in your favourite character as a bonus on the page.
4) Who is your favourite character?
5) What should you think Aki should do in order to get back at him? He's basically going to be at her beck and call in a way. Reminder: No 18+ things. The furthest would be a kiss due to the fact this game would basically be a U-rated thing. Yes U. Not X.
6) How do you think it'll end? Love? Hatred? This would be good material for a VN version of this...*notes to self to find a rival character for Ryuu in future.
7) Would you like to see a VN version of this game if you like the KN? Might be a bit early for this question. You could always postpone answering this question.
Thanks :) I'll stick more updates on this post later since I'm not going to bump my thread or anything ^^
Projects:

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Applegate »

When I read the synopsis, it felt like this was a literal adaptation of Kimi no Sei, because the plot is exactly the same: holding hands in elementary school, him releasing the girl, everyone calling her ugly as a result... telling her to go die, which she remembers when her mother says they'd have to move... the cruel prank where they pretended she'd been deceased already... changing her last name so he doesn't recognise it immediately, or him not even recognising her later on while at a dating gathering... him falling in love at first sight, her deciding to date him because of a grudge and desire for revenge...

You might want to consider whether or not you are adapting Kimi no Sei; I imagine you will receive commentary regarding its plot when you release it to a broader public than the Lemmasoft forum, and it would be useful to know in advance why people would lift the accusation that it's a direct copy.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Riviera »

Thanks for the link, Applegate. I'd never heard of that manga, and it sounds interesting. It's a shame so many people in the forums are saying the heroine should just suck it up and fall for the guy though. =/

1) Would you like a demo release? Since this is a kinetic novel, I'd say no. Just do a full release.

2) If yes, how much would you like to see? Please don't say all of it and make me cry. That would not be a demo. That would be the game.

3) Would you be interested in proofreading and/or beta-testing when needed? Don't worry. I'll go make another credit screen just for you and I'll throw in your favourite character as a bonus on the page. Sure! I'm going to be out of the country for the month of July, though, so I won't be able to get much done on it until August.

4) Who is your favourite character? Naoki and Nanami so far. Although Ryuu and Aki are going to be.. interesting!

5) What should you think Aki should do in order to get back at him? He's basically going to be at her beck and call in a way. Reminder: No 18+ things. The furthest would be a kiss due to the fact this game would basically be a U-rated thing. Yes U. Not X. I HAVE A TON OF IDEAS! I guess I'm mean. I never did this kind of stuff, I swear! :P

Get him to carry her stuff for her and make sure to put lots of big books in her backpack so it's really heavy.

Go out and do an activity she knows he's bad at, and that she's good at, and SHOW HIM UP! But pretend to not realize how bad he looks compared to her. Play innocent. But secretly laugh as he makes a fool of himself.

Text him (being sure to hide your number or use one he doesn't know) and pretend to be someone in one of his classes, then set up a study session. Laugh as he's waiting around and then finally leaves when no one shows up. If you used a real person's name, he may even get mad at that person and get in an argument or fight with them. They'll be confused and think he's nuts.

Leave weird notes in his locker with different handwritings or typed on the computer. I'd suggest stalker type ones or generic mean ones noting how he messed up on small things so he thinks someone's watching him. And someone is, really. :lol:

Secretly take pictures of some of the female students in your school (make sure no one sees!) and then carefully plant them in one of his schoolbooks. Ask to borrow said schoolbook in class the next day. Open it, making sure that the pictures fall out in front of everyone. Act shocked and disgusted that he would keep things like that.

6) How do you think it'll end? Love? Hatred? This would be good material for a VN version of this...*notes to self to find a rival character for Ryuu in future.* A VN of this would be awesome. I'm honestly not sure, it could really go both ways. If you wanted, you could write both endings and have one choice near the end that sets you up for one or the other. Until you get the VN done, if you eventually do that, it would be a good compromise.

7) Would you like to see a VN version of this game if you like the KN? Might be a bit early for this question. You could always postpone answering this question. Umm, yes. :D
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#24 Post by SilverxBlue »

1) Would you like a demo release?
Like riviera said, "this is a KN", so I'm giving it a no too.

----

3) Would you be interested in proofreading and/or beta-testing when needed? Don't worry. I'll go make another credit screen just for you and I'll throw in your favourite character as a bonus on the page.
Beta-testing sounds great! :D

I definitely like Aki!
Must be because I could totally relate to her story... Minus the revenge part though. ^^;
I find Naoki really interesting too.

5) What should you think Aki should do in order to get back at him? He's basically going to be at her beck and call in a way. Reminder: No 18+ things. The furthest would be a kiss due to the fact this game would basically be a U-rated thing. Yes U. Not X.
How about putting some of your stuff in his locker/bag (Note those things have to make him look wieird/perverted) then pretend that you lost it and then when you "find" it start an outroar so that everyone would see/hear.

Or what about having someone ask him for his biggest fear then a few days later ask him out on a date where his fear is greatly involved. (Example: He has a big fear of heights then ask him to go with you to a roller coaster or something)
You have to make it look traumatizing for him though, It'll be annoying if he goes "Yay! You made me get over my fear" all of a sudden.

6) How do you think it'll end? Love? Hatred? This would be good material for a VN version of this...*notes to self to find a rival character for Ryuu in future.
Hmmmm. I think it depends. If Aki is the "forgiving" type of character then I'll have to think that it would end on love, but if you're going to turn her into some sort of sadist then I'll probably lean on the hatred side. XD I'm not really sure. :))

7) Would you like to see a VN version of this game if you like the KN? Might be a bit early for this question. You could always postpone answering this question.
Heck yeah! :mrgreen:
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

manga_otaku
Veteran

#25 Post by manga_otaku »

Applegate wrote:When I read the synopsis, it felt like this was a literal adaptation of Kimi no Sei, because the plot is exactly the same: holding hands in elementary school, him releasing the girl, everyone calling her ugly as a result... telling her to go die, which she remembers when her mother says they'd have to move... the cruel prank where they pretended she'd been deceased already... changing her last name so he doesn't recognise it immediately, or him not even recognising her later on while at a dating gathering... him falling in love at first sight, her deciding to date him because of a grudge and desire for revenge...

You might want to consider whether or not you are adapting Kimi no Sei; I imagine you will receive commentary regarding its plot when you release it to a broader public than the Lemmasoft forum, and it would be useful to know in advance why people would lift the accusation that it's a direct copy.
Thanks for this. I've changed it again since I hadn't ever read Kimi no Sei until Snow Blossom had pointed it out. I think it's better than the plot I had before in the fact that it'll be easier to write. And no androphobianessness xD

@ Riviera & SilverxBlue Thanks for the reply! I'll finish the game before releasing it then :) No demos ;D But I'll stick teasers...probably xD
Projects:

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#26 Post by Snow Blossom »

1) Would you like a demo release?
Like what most have said, since it's a KN, I'll wait for the full version and read it in one go :3
If the game's not going to be like 100,000 words long, then I'd be up for proofreading, but not beta-testing, since I have no idea what it is lol
Little Ryuu~! *shot*
No more ideas, sorry TTMTT
Hmmm. I just assumed the KN would end in romance in the typical shoujo style, but a hatred end would be interesting... Or maybe they could just become friends?
Yes pwease. :P

manga_otaku
Veteran

#27 Post by manga_otaku »

Update 03/07 wrote:Been messing around with the GUI (still work on the Nav and Save/Load screen). Here's what things look like so far:
main
main
nvl and font
nvl and font
text box, name box, button game menu, call screen &amp; portrait example
text box, name box, button game menu, call screen & portrait example
I also stuck a new character in called 'Shouta' but he won't appear properly until the VN. Both Shouta and Maya (a waitress who serves you in the cafe) will appear in the VN :) But first I got to finish the KN xD
Some Portraits:
Aki
Aki
akibase.png (53.4 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Ryuu
Ryuu
ryuubase.png (44.23 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Anyways, I'll go off to get ready for work experience tomorrow T_T See you in two weeks~! If I'm alive...
Projects:

sorani
Veteran

#28 Post by sorani »

Are you still looking for a sprite for Kayo when she was a child?
If you'd like, I could draw one.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#29 Post by manga_otaku »

I've got someone who's doing it for me, but I don't know whether or not he'll actually do it or not? xD I might have to take you up on your offer if I get disappointed xD
Projects:

sorani
Veteran

#30 Post by sorani »

manga_otaku wrote:I've got someone who's doing it for me, but I don't know whether or not he'll actually do it or not? xD I might have to take you up on your offer if I get disappointed xD
Well, I still did it.
This is a gift for you if you don't mind. I still had fun :) .
Attachments
child kayo.png