CTR Hero

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

Re: CTR Hero

#16 Post by Taleweaver »

semewelamb wrote:It is targeted for children because it is a Christmas present for children that go to my church. The people in charge of primary will play it and then the parents can play it and decide whether or not they want their children to play it. Ultimately, it's the parents decision whether or not their children play the game.
If that's what you're planning, then sorry for being an ass about it. I was probably more worried about the "distribution channel" than the actual content, and if your game is to be given out as a Christmas present at your church, in the context of an already existing religious group, then of course there's nothing dangerous about it. I also don't think the LSF community would suffer any harm if you shared the game with us here - most of us are adults anyway.
Aleema wrote:Not sure how common this is where you're from, Taleweaver, but in America, religious products aimed at children are pretty common and is not a controversial thing usually (so long as it's not, as he said, mean-spirited).
The reason why I'm so alerted is that I've seen the publications that religious groups like Jehovah's Witnesses try to distribute among young children in Germany, and I don't think there is anything harmless about these publications (often comics or picture books). I remember one picture book where a kid's mother went to hell for remarrying after divorcing from her husband, and I can only imagine how traumatic that must be for a child whose parents are currently divorcing.

Again, sorry for clogging up this thread. These weren't the droids I was looking for. Moving along...
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

clannadman

#17 Post by clannadman »

Taleweaver wrote:These weren't the droids I was looking for. Moving along...
Again, while you may disagree with the way some people advocate their faith you mustn't try to target them.
semewelamb wrote:@ everyone

I appreciate all the comments and opinions of everyone on here. It's nice to know we can have these kinds of discussions in a mature manner.
This was probably accidental, but since it's a pet peeve for some people, can you please try not to double post :) Thank you

semewelamb
Regular

#18 Post by semewelamb »

clannadman wrote:
Taleweaver wrote:These weren't the droids I was looking for. Moving along...
Again, while you may disagree with the way some people advocate their faith you mustn't try to target them.
semewelamb wrote:@ everyone

I appreciate all the comments and opinions of everyone on here. It's nice to know we can have these kinds of discussions in a mature manner.
This was probably accidental, but since it's a pet peeve for some people, can you please try not to double post :) Thank you
Oops. I thought I put that in my comment above. My bad.

clannadman

#19 Post by clannadman »

How long do you plan on making this game?

semewelamb
Regular

#20 Post by semewelamb »

clannadman wrote:How long do you plan on making this game?
About 20 scenarios is my goal(time wise I don't know how long this will be). It is my first game and I don't want it to be too complicated. So due to my newbie coding background, one choice will lead you to the next scenario and the other two will let you try again.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#21 Post by Taleweaver »

semewelamb wrote:So due to my newbie coding background, one choice will lead you to the next scenario and the other two will let you try again.
If you want some help with "advanced coding", I'd like to volunteer. I think I'm rather good at coding branching paths.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#22 Post by Tachyglossus »

D'aw this is what I get for not logging in for a while. Oh well.

All I have to say is I'm glad this issue resolved quickly and amiably. But I oughtn't say much more since it's done and over.

Anyway this caught my eye because I am also LDS and seeing CTR Hero I just had to click here and see if it did, indeed, stand for Choose the Right. I think kids will have fun if you keep tossing in really rediculous answers, allowing the freedom for children to behave like children without only giving right and wrong answers, because sometimes kids just like to be a clown.
Sure it's an evasive maneuver, but, ah well.

So I'm curious, is this game going to keep points based on the amount of right answers that will tally up in the end like a score, or will you have some 'endings' based on the amount of right, wrong, or silly answers? Or have you thought that far ahead?

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#23 Post by Elenakiara »

I'm actually quite interested in trying out this game when it comes out! :) I'm a Christian but I don't really know the LDS, so I'd love to play and possibly learning more. While I'm alright with playing different stories on this site, it's always a plus for me when it's educational in some way.
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!