Love Struck (GxB game)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
NeryNight
Regular
Projects: Love Struck (GxB)
Location: A small apartment, in a small city, somewhere in the planet.

Love Struck (GxB game)

#1 Post by NeryNight »

Hi everybody, :)
I have been playing around with this idea for an otome game for a while. I want to share it with you, and see what you think about it. This is my first time trying to make a dating sim or VN, so I will learn as I go. I would also be really grateful if you could help me out when I need it. Well, going back to my idea. Here it is...
Love Struck X.png
Love Struck X.png (86.58 KiB) Viewed 5082 times
SummaryEvent though Misaki is turning seventeen years old next month, she has never have a boyfriend before. Her only experience with guys comes from playing otome games, reading manga, a coulple of dates that didn't go so well, and fighting with her childhood friend, Seiya. As her birth day approaches, her best friend, Ayane, and Seiya make a bet. Seiya bets that Misaki can't find a boyfriend before she turns seventeen. Ayane, acting as a good friend (and wanting a little fun of her own), confronts him. When Misaki learns about her friends' bet, she is very upset and refuses to have anything to do with it. However, this incident causes her to become more aware of the boys that are around her. She doesn't intend to go out with a random guy just to win a stupid bet, but that doesn't mean she can't fall in love for real. Will her heart be stolen before her birthday party is over?

Characters

Misaki
Our heroine.
Birthdate: February 18th
Misaki - Pose 1 - Happy.png
Ayane
Misaki's best friend.
Birthdate: April 23th

Seiya
Misaki's annoying childhood friend.
Birthdate: January 5th

Rai
A mysterious street fighter.
Birthdate: July 30th

Kioshi
A quiet new student who has no friends.
Birthdate: December 11th
Kioshi - Pose 1 - Angry.png
Eiji
A very good soccer player.
Birthdate: March 29th

Yoshihiro
A casanova that meets Misaki in a restaurant.
Birthdate: May 24th
Yoshiro - Pose 1 - HappyT.png
Artist: JadeOokami

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like my idea. I would like to hear if you would like to play something like this. Please, leave your comment.
Oh, I almost forgot. I even made a logo for the game.
Love Struck X.png
Love Struck X.png (86.58 KiB) Viewed 5082 times
Last edited by NeryNight on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Snow Blossom
Veteran

Re: Love Struck (GxB game)

#2 Post by Snow Blossom »

Yay this looks cute !! :) I'll play any game with a heroine who reads manga and plays otome games~ :P
Good luck with this! I may be able to help with proofreading if you need it :3

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

This sounds interesting! I'd love to see the character sprites as the logo attracted me already!
Good luck with this! :D

NeryNight
Regular

#4 Post by NeryNight »

Thanks. I'll try to have some of the sprites before summer break is over.

Celestine
Veteran

#5 Post by Celestine »

I like your story plot and the male characters are quite diverse. I think that's pretty interesting.
Hope your dream comes true and you'll make it.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#6 Post by Hayzel »

This looks like it will be really fun. If you are going to use Zodiac characteristics you should base their responses on compatibility traits. ^.^

NeryNight
Regular

#7 Post by NeryNight »

Hayzel wrote:This looks like it will be really fun. If you are going to use Zodiac characteristics you should base their responses on compatibility traits. ^.^
What do you mean? Do you mean to assign them the traits related to their Zodiac signs?

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#8 Post by Hayzel »

NeryNight wrote:
Hayzel wrote:This looks like it will be really fun. If you are going to use Zodiac characteristics you should base their responses on compatibility traits. ^.^
What do you mean? Do you mean to assign them the traits related to their Zodiac signs?
Well that would be good too, but I was referring to the fact that each symbol has compatibility in relation to other symbols. So this being said, it should be harder to get a relationship with someone, in her case, with a fire-type Zodiac. The exception is Leo which is Aquarius's opposite, that should be the easiest as it has the most compatibility.

NeryNight
Regular

#9 Post by NeryNight »

Hayzel wrote:Well that would be good too, but I was referring to the fact that each symbol has compatibility in relation to other symbols. So this being said, it should be harder to get a relationship with someone, in her case, with a fire-type Zodiac. The exception is Leo which is Aquarius's opposite, that should be the easiest as it has the most compatibility.
Oh, I get it now! That would be interesting. Thanks for the suggestion! :D

Hayzel
Veteran

#10 Post by Hayzel »

NeryNight wrote:
Hayzel wrote:Well that would be good too, but I was referring to the fact that each symbol has compatibility in relation to other symbols. So this being said, it should be harder to get a relationship with someone, in her case, with a fire-type Zodiac. The exception is Leo which is Aquarius's opposite, that should be the easiest as it has the most compatibility.
No problem <3 I can get you a chart if you'd like.

NeryNight
Regular

#11 Post by NeryNight »

Hayzel wrote:
NeryNight wrote:
No problem <3 I can get you a chart if you'd like.
It would be really helpful if you could. Thanks.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by 15385bic »

kinda wish there was more otome games in english XD
so i'm looking forward to this
nice range of guys to go for too >_<

Celestine
Veteran

#13 Post by Celestine »

MMM I gotta say you got your Zodiacs a bit mixed up here. :? Leo's and Sag's are sociable types. Especially Leo's their always friendly but (make their own tough situation). If you want Mystrey miscief type I'd go with an Aquarius or a Scorpio that has some fire in them,also private people too. Or a quiet type like a Cancer well not all but their sensitive. And Gemini's might be casanova's but they always have a dual personalties. Like one might be Social-apathy, and another Sensitive-criticizing, or another be Talkative-secretive. Depending on their mood they flip back and forth. And I mean they flip 180. :roll:
On one of the examples I gave was an old friend of mine she's a Gemini.
And don't let some charts fool you about Pisces, not all are clingy. There's a type are freedom-lovers.
Well this is just to give you some thought if you go with Zodiac compatability.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

sadness

#14 Post by sadness »

Yeah I like this idea!
It looks really good!

AriaAi
Regular
Projects: Go! Youth!
Deviantart: JunnChii
Soundcloud: JunnChii

#15 Post by AriaAi »