Juliet Vs. Romeo (GxB)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Slipshodtiming
Projects: Juliet Vs. Romeo (GxB)

Juliet Vs. Romeo (GxB)

#1 Post by Slipshodtiming »

Sadly, A very stereotypical otome game. Although, I'll pump you guys up with so many bishies and corny lines that you might end up in the hospital.

It has no plot The story was taken from an old script I had written in Shakespeare 101 about a princess of 'Capulet' who is forced by her father to kill the King of 'Montague'.
Her father sends her to Montague on a 30 day mission: to marry the King and poison him. Although, while in Montague, the princess meets the King's friend, Mercutio[!] who falls in love with the girl after a friendly fencing match, in which he lost. The girl, in turn, falls in love with the king, who is a lonely man forced into monarchism by the death of his parents. At first, the king is polite to the girl, not entirely sure of her open friendliness but later opens up to her in his mother's library after he found her reading some books. After the library incident, the king falls in love with the girl and swears to protect her. After little consideration, he proposes to her and although she would like to accept, she is torn between betraying her father and hurting Mercutio; and doing what she wants...
So.. in short, nothing to do with Romeo and Juliet besides the characters.

I had written many endings for the story, so after many tries at getting it right, I stumbled on Ren'Py!! and I decided to make this into a choose-your-own-adventure game!

But the story has changed a lot and is still changing, so please bare with this description until I come up with a better one.

There's not really a lot of meat on them yet, because I have to revise the script, but..
Characters (with rushed sketches of each):
Juliet
She's the main character. (the Alice, if you please.) She starts off as a very impressionable person, but I'm really trying to leave this character wide open so you guys can mold her personality into something that you want her to be. She's the adopted princess of Capulet, sent to the peace conference by her father to resolve issues with the family of Montague.

Romeo
Romeo, the young King of Montague, forced to take the throne after the sudden death of his parents when he was twelve. He's very unlike the real Romeo. He's a gentle and hesitant character, the kind that you can really take advantage of.. but he seems to have something against you as Juliet. As a result, he'll come off as a very distant character and will be very hard to get close to.

Mercutio
Romeo's childhood friend and an excellent fencer. He hates Tibalt because of an incident that happened in the past, claiming that nothing would have ever happened if Tibalt hadn't done this, and done that. He's a very energetic character and acts as Romeo's servant sometimes. (Don't ask me why, it's just one of the things that stayed from the original script.)

Tibalt
Your Juliet's brother. A very honest character. His actions are innocent and he seems to be uneducated. He gets into many fights with the nobles, especially with Mercutio. Despite his rowdy nature, he cares a lot for Juliet and would do anything to protect her.

Prince Escalus
The highly decorated, highly devoted Prince of Verona that I had way too much fun with back in character development. It seems that his only wish in life is to keep the peace between all the nations (to keep trade flowing through Verona). I think the only real way I can think of describing him right now is Tamaki.

Paris
Juliet's fiancee. He's that one character that plays around with the ladies. (I'm not sure what kind of person would like-..?) He likes to be left alone when he's not with girls, and always seems to have something on his mind.

Librarian Who's name is yet to be figured out..
He/She is that one weird character that everyone stay away from..

After I finish some of the art, I'll put up a development blog or something..

As for progress:
Script: 20%
Sprites: 1%
CGs: 1.5%
Coding: 10%

;^; I have a lot of work to do!
Attachments
If anyone has any tips on how to make this look any better, please share, I'm a little lost.
If anyone has any tips on how to make this look any better, please share, I'm a little lost.
The main menu!
The main menu!
Last edited by Slipshodtiming on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

Re: Juliet Vs. Romeo (GxB)

#2 Post by RemnantDream »

This looks very interesting. And the characters are so pwetty *~* I like the whole twist on Shakespeare thing. I loved that play xD
So I'll be watching this.
*continues lurking*

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#3 Post by Snow Blossom »

Wow this looks lovely~ I'm a sucker for Shakespeare, otome, and good art, all of which this game has! :D
The original story you had is really interesting btw
I really like how Tybalt looks;
since he's not Juliet's real brother, is he an obtainable? XD
I'll be keeping an eye on this~ :3

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4 Post by curry nochi rice »

my eyes became wide.... xD nice twist.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

izumichan31

#5 Post by izumichan31 »

Wow that's an interesting twist :) I'll be looking forward to this. ^^
Current Project
Moonswept Deceit [BxB]

Veniae
Veteran

#6 Post by Veniae »

I'm gonna stalk this. It sounds wonderful (Especially since I love Shakespeare) and the sketches are really pretty so far. Keep it up!

Slipshodtiming

#7 Post by Slipshodtiming »

Thanks guys (/ToT)/
Last edited by Slipshodtiming on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slipshodtiming

OMG UPDATE

#8 Post by Slipshodtiming »

;u; The menu's finally finished! But I think I still have some more to tweek.. I'm probably going to end up changing Escalus's face completely, because I really don't like it right now.. UGH and the sprites!!
I'm working on it guys! I've just been a little busy lately. ^^;
OH! Ummm here's my fail of development blog: http://slipshodtiming.livejournal.com/
I figured I might as well post this up here because I won't be able to go on for a while. Ah, but I wanted to edit it more~~ It looks really.. crappy right now.. but I tried to be neat!
Umm.. I also updated the info because I looked over the other stuff I had up there and I think I might have typed it a long time ago. (I also re-re-wrote it and I've decided that I'm sticking more to the original.. urgh) I really can't put a lot up right now because I don't want to spam up this thing with unnecessarily long descriptions of mini stories, character development and other incompleted stuff. I want to finish things before I post it so you can actually see the development (which is epically failing right now, btw).
So, I'm sorry if I kind of not update(here) again for another month or something, but if you want to read some of my rants and freak out moments, you can check my blog once in a while. I plan to update that whenever I can :) wait, no smiley faces. ;-; Rants=torture I've been told.
But getting back on topic, I really need to get more of the script done, so.. thanks for reading and.. um.. tell me what you think of the menu? I really don't think I like it.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#9 Post by sayuri »

Your 'rough' sketches are really, really good. I'm excited for this and shall stalk it XD. And um... can we not date Tibalt? >/////< He's just really cute~

Slipshodtiming

#10 Post by Slipshodtiming »

I'm glad you guys like the art ;_; I was afraid I was going to have to recruit artists when this all started;_;
sayuri wrote:Your 'rough' sketches are really, really good. I'm excited for this and shall stalk it XD. And um... can we not date Tibalt? >/////< He's just really cute~
XDD Yes, you can date Tibalt~ it's the piercings, isn't it?

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#11 Post by Tag- »

Slipshodtiming wrote: XDD Yes, you can date Tibalt~ it's the piercings, isn't it?

Oh yes, it's definitely the piercings.

Back on topic, although you've labelled it as a stereotypical otome game, it looks as if you've added enough good points for the former point to be overshadowed.
I was never a fan of RxJ, but this game looks very promising. 8D

I shall be looking forward to future developments~
PM me if needed

Slipshodtiming

#12 Post by Slipshodtiming »

Tag- wrote:
Slipshodtiming wrote: XDD Yes, you can date Tibalt~ it's the piercings, isn't it?

Oh yes, it's definitely the piercings.

Back on topic, although you've labelled it as a stereotypical otome game, it looks as if you've added enough good points for the former point to be overshadowed.
I was never a fan of RxJ, but this game looks very promising. 8D

I shall be looking forward to future developments~
Haha XD
And, I mean, based on gameplay, you pick the right answer>it brings you a step closer to one of the guys' path endings, and the story is a little.. reverse-harem-ish?
I don't know, perhaps I'm just being a little over-analytical. :?

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#13 Post by sayuri »

Yes, it's the piercings. It's also the automatic brain-connect to Akihiko from Persona 3. http://lparchive.org/Persona-3/Update%2 ... 29-173.jpg

*noms them both*

Carmentis

#14 Post by Carmentis »

I was intrigued by this a lot when I believe I read Juliet could fence (love strong girls!) but d-d-did you mention incest as well? My god! Thank you! I know that is crazy but I think that's cute! I'm a bit on the twisted side so ya, it's normal for me. :lol:

Anyway! I'm a bit sadden to read that this is going to be more like a VN then say like a stat raising but I shall defiantly be giving this a whirl! I hope to see more on this!

Slipshodtiming

#15 Post by Slipshodtiming »

sayuri wrote:Yes, it's the piercings. It's also the automatic brain-connect to Akihiko from Persona 3. http://lparchive.org/Persona-3/Update%2 ... 29-173.jpg

*noms them both*
Brain.. connect? Haha they do look alike! I didn't even realise that! Right down to the band-aid! ..Hmm..
Carmentis wrote:I was intrigued by this a lot when I believe I read Juliet could fence (love strong girls!) but d-d-did you mention incest as well? My god! Thank you! I know that is crazy but I think that's cute! I'm a bit on the twisted side so ya, it's normal for me. :lol:

Anyway! I'm a bit sadden to read that this is going to be more like a VN then say like a stat raising but I shall defiantly be giving this a whirl! I hope to see more on this!
I'll probably end up making it a stat raising game, but I wanted to see how interactive I could make it without stats? (>< sounds so weird) I'm going to have to see how far I can go by doing it this way!
Incest? XDD It's what actually got me into vocaloids~ I love them kagamine twins~~
Ah! But, about Tibalt-
He isn't related-related to Juliet in the story! I suck, I know ><
I hope I don't disappoint! Everyone seems to like Tibalt's character the best! >w<