Project NA Chapter 02 [CG Artist Needed for 2-3 pictures!]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
GeminiStar00
Regular

Project NA Chapter 02 [CG Artist Needed for 2-3 pictures!]

#1 Post by GeminiStar00 »

UPDATE:
Okay, so I'm a in a little bit of a bit. After a lot of hard work, my artist had to quit the project to focus on her schoolwork. I can and will finish the game with what I have so far; however, I would very much appreciate it, for quality's sake, if someone would be willing to draw just a couple of special scenes for me. Even if it's just the line-art, anything would help. Answer here or PM for more information. Thank you.

Original Post:

Figured it would probably be good to make one of these info-posts, since my partner and I are recruiting back-up-artists to help us finish. Ladies and gentlemen, this is (or will be, once we finally it) the second chapter of the episodic, World Series Hetalia fan-made visual novel Project N/A.

Chapter One: Familiar Hands (available here) introduced us to our main character, high school first-year Matthew Williams, and our setting, the prestigious Hetalia World Academy in northern England. The following plot summary and character bios include unmarked spoilers for the twist ending of "Familiar Hands."

Now, in Chapter Two, Matthew and his new-found friend-dash-hyperactive-doppelgänger, Alfred, team up to figure out just where their bizarre powers came from and what they can do to keep them under control. The end result is yet another day at Hetalia Academy, which means chaos, mystery, a few manly scuffles, and at least one person being regularly threatened by sharp objects.

Current Word Count: 14,025
Endings: Four - Bad, Blah, True, and Treasure.
Status: Script complete, artist in need of back-up. (See the recruitment forum here)

Characters
Matthew Williams
Our main character, who recently transferred into Hetalia World Academy on an academic scholarship. For the most part, Matthew is quiet and unassuming - if not a little snarky - and would easily fly under the radar of most people, if he hadn't attracted Alfred's attention as soon as he walked in the door. Recently, he's developed the ability to turn invisible, but it's involuntary and he's not sure how to control it yet.

Alfred F. Jones
Hetalia Academy's golden boy and self-proclaimed all-around-awesome-guy. For some reason, he and Matthew look exactly alike, but only a handful of people seem to notice. He recently developed super-strength of unknown origin that he still doesn't know how to control. Alfred is very protective of his friends and devoted to the idea of being a hero. Even though he only met Matthew yesterday, he's was will to step in front of a car to save his life.

Francis Bonnefoy
Matthew's adopted elder brother and guardian. He's a pastry chef and runs a little shop in the town square. He also knows a few things about Matthew's past that even Matthew doesn't know about - yet.

Arthur Kirkland
The head of the English department at Hetalia Academy and the teacher of Matthew's home room class. He's also Alfred's legal guardian, and is quite protective of his "little brother." For some reason, he actively dislikes Matthew - he's always very sharp with him, almost to the point of being cruel, and hates that Alfred hangs out with him. Perhaps he knows more than he's saying.

Ivan and Natalia Braginiski
ImageImage
A strange brother-and-sister pair from a family rumored to have a dark past and known for violent tendencies. Ivan has an on-going rivalry with Alfred, and the two are known to cause a lot of trouble in school. Natalia, meanwhile, is just plain scary. There are some very odd rumors surrounding these two and their family, including the hints that Ivan may be hiding some kind of mysterious power...

Gilbert Beilschmidt
A very talktive older student with a habit of being in the right place at the right time. His role in all of the mysteries and conflicts is currently unknown, but he seems to have taken a liking to Matthew.

The Newspaper Club
(Kiku, Feliciano, and Ludwig; seen here from left to right with Alfred at far left)
The primary source of information at Hetalia Academy. Kiku is also the head of the paranormal investigations club and helps Alfred and Matthew search for the answers to their powers. Feliciano is Matthew's friend and classmate, and always brings a smile to Matthew's face. Ludwig is the representative of his class and part of the student council. He does his best to keep his friends in line, but it usually doesn't work.

Kumajiro
A stuffed bear that Matthew rescued from the street. It talks, but all it ever seems to say is "Who are you?"

GeminiStar00
Regular

Re: Project NA Chapter 02 [CG Artist Needed for 2-3 pictures

#2 Post by GeminiStar00 »

UPDATE: 8/28/2011

Planned release date: 9/13/2011