A Mysterious Note [WIP, GXB] [Demo!]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

Re: A Mysterious Note [WIP, GXB] [Demo!]

#106 Post by Death_HUG »

jaysilver wrote:1. Who's your favorite character and why? There's not much to really go off of, but I do like Kibum the most out of the guys I think; just because he seems cute and kiddish. I also like Eunmi, because she has the same name as me lol. Also, the dynamic between her and her brother is pretty funny.
2. Is there anything I should fix? I get an error when I try to go to the 'help' or 'bonus' sections on the main menu.... but I'm guessing you're planning on adding those in later. I also thought that the text box was kind of funky looking (it being bright purple and all) but I think I can get used to it. It just annoyed me a little that the lines of text didn't match up with the lines in the box
3. Your opinion of the demo? I liked it a lot, actually. I really liked the main menu image, and the story was intriguing enough that I'd want to keep playing. I really want to know who the mysterious evil guy is: if he was an available romantic interest I'd probably pick him just because I have a thing for villains haha.

I love the fact that this takes place in Korea, since I am Korean and I'm biased lol
In any case, good luck! I'll be watching out for the finished version of this :P
Most of characters were named after some of my friends lql xD
Yeah, I have to fix those buttons and I plan on changing the text box later >-<
Who knows... maybe the evil guy is a romantic interest ;D
lql I'm Korean too, so I just had to do it in Korea xD Thanks :3
HigurashiKira wrote:It's no problem, mystery really is a hard genre to write. One thing I would tell you is to probably read a few mystery novels or True Crime stories for a bit of help.
As for transitioning, that's up to you to figure out. A lot of mystery stories maintain the "dark" atmosphere throught the tale, not really giving much to regular life. Though you can have Bora "calm down" by having her slowly ease back in to regular life when not trying to figure out what happened to her parents.
I'll definitely try to read more mystery books when I have time >.< and thanks for the tips :3

Mghrabiya

#107 Post by Mghrabiya »

1. Who's your favorite character and why? Kim Minho ALL THE WAY loved everything about him he's too perfect to say why he's my favorite, its more like why NOT???(Eunmi is also 1 of my fav's she's soo nice)
2. Is there anything I should fix? WHY DID HER MOM CUT THE NOTE (not sumthing 2 fix but i soo wanna know wat's gonna happen)
3. Your opinion of the demo? IT WAS GOOD AND LEFT ME IN SUSPENSE!!!!!! :P luv it though :!: :!: :!:
good work & good luck :D

Nekomiira
Regular
Completed: The Madness(as an artist)

#108 Post by Nekomiira »

Yes! I finally got this to work on my computer! (I always got some kind of a runtime error and couldn't play)
My favorite chara is Minho. i'm not really sure why, maybe i'm just into delinquents? Eunmi is so kick ass too. xD
The game is really interesting so far, but maybe you should try to make the bad guy more threatening? I didn't get any kind of a "bad guy vibes" from him when he was talking.
Otherwise, i got no complains^^ Good luck to you ;)
Image | Image | Tumblr

Death_HUG
Veteran

#109 Post by Death_HUG »

xxx1animefreak1xxx wrote:1. Who's your favorite character and why? Kim Minho ALL THE WAY loved everything about him he's too perfect to say why he's my favorite, its more like why NOT???(Eunmi is also 1 of my fav's she's soo nice)
2. Is there anything I should fix? WHY DID HER MOM CUT THE NOTE (not sumthing 2 fix but i soo wanna know wat's gonna happen)
3. Your opinion of the demo? IT WAS GOOD AND LEFT ME IN SUSPENSE!!!!!! :P luv it though :!: :!: :!:
good work & good luck :D
lql xD a lot of people seem to really like Minho! >.<
Well, her mom is very protective and... you'll find out the rest later in the game ;D
Thank you so much >///<
Nekomiira wrote:Yes! I finally got this to work on my computer! (I always got some kind of a runtime error and couldn't play)
My favorite chara is Minho. i'm not really sure why, maybe i'm just into delinquents? Eunmi is so kick ass too. xD
The game is really interesting so far, but maybe you should try to make the bad guy more threatening? I didn't get any kind of a "bad guy vibes" from him when he was talking.
Otherwise, i got no complains^^ Good luck to you ;)
Yay! ^o^
lql xD delinquents are pretty smexy :3
Yep, I'm trying to fix that, though I can't really figure out how to make him more.... evil? >.<
Thank you so much~ >.<

Death_HUG
Veteran

#110 Post by Death_HUG »

I drew some outfits for my characters xD I could only fit three though, so I'll have to draw the rest of them on a separate sheet of paper. This is their summer outfit :3 What do you think of it? Also ignore the random doodles scattered throughout the page xD
Attachments
clothes sketches.jpg

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#111 Post by TsukiShima »

They're good to me! I like the right one the best, perhaps because he's my type though, so it's rather subjective. I really like their clothes design too, simple is good, as seen for the more left one.

You doodles! So cute! :3

Death_HUG
Veteran

#112 Post by Death_HUG »

HanaMori wrote:They're good to me! I like the right one the best, perhaps because he's my type though, so it's rather subjective. I really like their clothes design too, simple is good, as seen for the more left one.

You doodles! So cute! :3
Thank you >///< I'm not really good at designing clothes, so I'm really glad you like it! ^o^
I drew the rest of the guys today~ ... I think Seunghyun looks manlier... probably because of the glasses xD *cough*more doodles..
Attachments
clothes sketches part 2.jpg

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#113 Post by Aiurax »

:O
(waves arm)
I HAVE SUSHI!
They look pretty awesome. And the doodles are very cute.
(Is that Korean I see?)

Death_HUG
Veteran

#114 Post by Death_HUG »

Aiurax wrote::O
(waves arm)
I HAVE SUSHI!
They look pretty awesome. And the doodles are very cute.
(Is that Korean I see?)
lql xD Now Kibum is going to follow you and make you give him sushi xD
and Thanks >///<
and yep, that's Korean ^o^ (lql, when I was typing this, my computer started spazzing out and started writing in Korean xD)

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#115 Post by 9:19 »

I missed the demo link the first time around. *slaps forehead* Time to download.

Death_HUG
Veteran

#116 Post by Death_HUG »

9:19 wrote:I missed the demo link the first time around. *slaps forehead* Time to download.
Thanks for downloading xD I'm sorry, maybe I should put the download link at the top of the page instead of the bottom of the page? o3o

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#117 Post by 9:19 »

Actually, don't thank me yet. Mediafire is rejecting me on account of high traffic it'll only make my victory sweeter. Judging by the other responses, I'd say your link is well-placed. No need for changes. I'm just slow on the uptake lol.

[Edit: But I see you're one step ahead. Thanks for the double link!]

Death_HUG
Veteran

#118 Post by Death_HUG »

9:19 wrote:Actually, don't thank me yet. Mediafire is rejecting me on account of high traffic it'll only make my victory sweeter. Judging by the other responses, I'd say your link is well-placed. No need for changes. I'm just slow on the uptake lol.

[Edit: But I see you're one step ahead. Thanks for the double link!]
lql I hate when Mediafire does that!
I only added it just in case someone didn't want to look through everything or miss the demo link or something else xD
and your welcome~

kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

#119 Post by kersplode »

I actually played this a long while ago~ //coughlazy ^q^
1. Who's your favorite character and why? minho! what can I say, I like a good delinquent~ or maybe jiseung. or maybe seunghyun?? but that kind of has to do wiiiith...
2. Is there anything I should fix? are you planning on redrawing the sprites at all? I'm looking at your drawings above, and fdgshs the improvement!! the necks, the faces, the proportions, the clothes, the everything bro! you got yourself some fyyyyyyne bishies there. unf dem glasses
3. Your opinion of the demo? I'm certainly watching this. the intentional name sharing between the bad guy and sushi dude left me intrigued. a few of the transitions weren't super smooth and there were typos, but I really liked the whole blood-type chart thing. can't wait for the release~! ♥

Death_HUG
Veteran

#120 Post by Death_HUG »

kersplode wrote:I actually played this a long while ago~ //coughlazy ^q^
1. Who's your favorite character and why? minho! what can I say, I like a good delinquent~ or maybe jiseung. or maybe seunghyun?? but that kind of has to do wiiiith...
2. Is there anything I should fix? are you planning on redrawing the sprites at all? I'm looking at your drawings above, and fdgshs the improvement!! the necks, the faces, the proportions, the clothes, the everything bro! you got yourself some fyyyyyyne bishies there. unf dem glasses
3. Your opinion of the demo? I'm certainly watching this. the intentional name sharing between the bad guy and sushi dude left me intrigued. a few of the transitions weren't super smooth and there were typos, but I really liked the whole blood-type chart thing. can't wait for the release~! ♥
lql, you seem to like a lot guys 8D
Yep, I plan on redrawing all the sprites ^o^ Thanks >///< Though I'll probably wait until later to redraw all of them o3o
Thanks! I'm trying to improve my writing so that there will be smoother transition! I'm glad that you like it ^o^