[BL] Break Chance Memento / first post updated 12/28/2011

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Re: [BL] [Time Travel + Murder Mystery] Break Chance Memento

#106 Post by Camille »

Aaand Natsume's chapter one is completely finished and scripted and all that fun stuff! Went and edited Shuuki's chapter one some more, too.
Ren'Py 6.13.0.1589 lint report, generated at: Sat Sep 3 16:08:20 2011
Statistics: The game contains 946 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 17,415 words,
for an average of 18.4 words per screen.
The game contains 4 menus.
I am starting on chapter two today. /rubs hands together Somebody's going to die... 8)

Celestie
Veteran

#107 Post by Celestie »

Camille wrote:Hopefully silence = tacit approval because I quite like Chiaki's new color scheme. /o/
Silence = struck with awe 8D Nah, it's nice~

As is the menu-screenshot. *A* I know, sorry for these short replies. My mind isn't properly functioning.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#108 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

And Yukinari is done, so that makes up all of the main cast that we will probably be releasing before the demo/game.
Sprite Sheetv3.jpg
Screenshot 4.jpg
I really like that expression on him, even though I don't think he would actually make it in game...

@Caaaaaaamille, you need to find a reason to make Yukinari crrrrrrry.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#109 Post by Camille »

Yessssss Yukinari placeholder! OH MY GOD WHY IS HE SO CUTE LKASDSLDldksjf ahhhhh Auro you're a genius! <3

Oh, I'm sure I can come up with plenty of reasons to make Yukinari cry, hehe. Probably won't be until later in the game, though. Well, with the main cast sprites done, we can probably release a little demo fairly soon if people are okay with placeholder backgrounds. XD

Celestie
Veteran

#110 Post by Celestie »

Ahaha, well, I'd say we all are. *looks around and wonders where everyone is* Even if I dunno if I will have the tiime to play any demos right now but who cares, bring it on, the others who ghost around somewhere here will play, so... 8D And damn, he is cute....Yukinari, I mean.

...I swear, isn't the story surely a Tear Jerker that surely about everyone would at least have a good reason to cry? (whetehr tehy do it they do is another story) 8D
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#111 Post by Camille »

Shuuki: Hmm…
Natsume: ? What are you staring at me for? Is there something on my face?
Shuuki: No, I was just thinking that this is the first time in ages I’ve actually seen you eat.
Natsume: Huh?!
Shuuki: Well, you never actually ate dinner or breakfast with me and Masa-nii at home.
Chiaki: You make it sound like Natsu has some kind of eating disorder.
Shuuki: It’s not like I thought he never ate, we just never saw it. He cooked everything, but never ate with us.
Chiaki: Actually, it’s because your brother’s a vampire. He just sucks my blood during class and then falls asleep after.
Natsume: Wh-what?!
Chiaki: He’s not really eating that fish right now, either, it’s just an illusion.
Shuuki: Ani-ue’s a vampire? Oh, that actually clears up a lot of things.
Natsume: ……… Could you guys not talk about me as if I’m not sitting right here…?
Little teaser of chapter two, which I'm in the middle of writing. Should be done with Shuuki's chapter two by this weekend, Natsume's by next week. I'm writing this pretty quickly. o_o Two chapters out of six almost done! Lazcht says she's trying to finish the rest of GUIs this month, so we will release a demo after that, probably. Depends on how picky Auro and I decide to be about BG completeness. xD

@Celestie: Haha I think this story is more of a thriller (not quite horror, but getting there) than a tear-jerker, but I guess people might cry at some of the endings? Who knows. xD

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#112 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Okay, I attempted a background. As some would know, backgrounds are not my forte, so if anyone has critique, go for it. Especially concerning the background and sprite contrast...
Attachments
Example 1.jpg

Arcanum
Veteran

#113 Post by Arcanum »

Wow, the background is amazing o0o I loved the colors, they complement the sprites very nicely. I don't think they look very "different". It's really pretty!

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#114 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Arcanum. Thank you. I'm glad you think they go well together since I was a little worried about it. I was playing with adjustment layers for quite a while XD

Celestie
Veteran

#115 Post by Celestie »

o_O How long did that BG take you, Auro? Because it's quite amazing. And it looks just fine~ But you shouldn't rely on my pseudo-critique...

...the endings, then. Maybe the bad ends will be tear-jerkers? Either way, thrillers can make me cry, too, if they have emotional or bittersweet scenes. And damnit, that interaction between brothers (okay, more likely interaction between Shuuki and Chiaki and Natsume was the topic) ...I like Shuuki's nonchalant nature, coupled with Chiaki's dry humor...if more of those funny dialogues are born from those two, I hope there will be much interaction between them about Natsume everyone and everything. Yes, I like thrillers, but I am a sucker for humor, especially dry humor, too 8D

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#116 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Celestie wrote:o_O How long did that BG take you, Auro? Because it's quite amazing. And it looks just fine~ But you shouldn't rely on my pseudo-critique...
Haha :D It took quite a while, maybe around 10-12 hours in total. Hopefully the others will be quicker since I'll have more of an idea what I'm doing and they shouldn't be as detail heavy.

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#117 Post by GeneDNC »

The background and sprite colours go together really well and I love the little classroom details on the walls. The greens are pretty.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#118 Post by Camille »

Ren'Py 6.13.1.1607 lint report, generated at: Mon Sep 19 17:03:00 2011
Statistics: The game contains 1,996 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 36,640 words,
for an average of 18.4 words per screen.
The game contains 10 menus.
Last night I finished Shuuki's chapter two after a weekend of intense writing. XD I basically tripled my normal daily output and wrote about 14,000 words over the course of the weekend. Today I spent time coding this chapter into the game (all skeleton, no sprites or scene changes or whatever, just the text) and making the map. I'm not sure if I'm happy with it, but I think given the more stylized UI, something like this fits a lot better than something similar to the map I made for MJ.

(That's what Shuuki says at this point when you try to go to Lowtown, which is in the lower left obscured by the textbox)

And then I stuck Auro's gorgeous gorgeous BG into the game:

*_* So nice to see things coming together...

risingdreams
Regular

#119 Post by risingdreams »

Forgive me, but is this game going to be comercial?
icon from x_dirge_icons@LJ

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#120 Post by Camille »

As it says in the first post, Auro and I are still trying to decide on this, but the game will be at least partially commercial. Either it's going to be:

1) Shuuki's side of the story is free, and then you pay to play Natsume's story (pretty much totally different from Shuuki's, so it really can be a standalone game just by itself).
2) Both parts are combined into one commercial game, so you pay for all of it.

Haven't quite decided yet.