[BL] Break Chance Memento / first post updated 12/28/2011

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
natsumachi
Regular
Completed: Re∞Birth [BL]
Projects: Ferfecir [BL]
Organization: Milky Cherry

Re: [BL] Break Chance Memento -- GERMAN DEMO RELEASED 11/12

#301 Post by natsumachi »

wow the colouring detail on Mum looks so good. also MILF~~ I definitely see the similarity to Shuuki in her expression. :D

...Masa and Shuuki are good brothers. ;w;

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#302 Post by HigurashiKira »

Camille wrote:4. Shuuki
I knew Shuuki would have the La Roux song; he's to fabulous to not havea song by a fabulous artist.
And they both have weird hair
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#303 Post by Camille »

Working through my writer's block by doing more GUI work. This menu only appears when you hover over the top part of the game screen. Normally, it's totally invisible. So now there's less buttons down there on the textbox. (quick save/load, skip, and auto are left down there for easy access since those buttons will be clicked the most) Also this gets rid of that fugly date toggle button/display. The gap between Preferences and Main Menu is where the Time Machine option pops up later in the story.

@mysterialize: Well, there wasn't really any other way to showcase all those scenes unless it was totally kinetic. XD; No matter how we implemented the choices, if we wanted Kyousuke to be the MC of the demo, we had to do it that way. It doesn't make much logical sense, I suppose, but such is the way of things sometimes. It just so happened that when Kyousuke expected Natsume to bake a cake, he did. But in another time (another save file) Natsume might cook something else and Kyousuke might also expect him to cook something else. :D And in yet another time, Natsume might not want to cook at all and might randomly start tap-dancing, which Kyousuke would never expect. Time is a funny thing.

@Arisu: Aww, thanks a lot! I'm glad someone else likes Yukinari and Natsume, hehe. I'm very fair with the scenes I write, but those two will have a bunch of interesting scenes between them for sure. :3

@Kura: Auro and I decided that mouth movements would ultimately be kind of creepy and would take too much effort, so we're just going to refine the blinking to make it look more natural, instead. Auro's still tweaking the sprites, so I'm avoiding any sprite-related coding right now lest I have to change it all later. XD

@natsumachi: Shuuki definitely took after his mother, looks-wise, hehe. *A* And yeah they try to be good brothers. ;;

@HigurashiKira: Shuuki is very offended that you're calling his hair weird. >:0

/late replies to other comments

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#304 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Thanks Natsumachi :D

@HigurashiKira, haha, a fabulous song for a fabulous guy with fabulous hair. I'm sure he is pleased.

Sketch of Papa Amamiya~
Screen 1.jpg
And the coloured base. I had fun painting his tie~
Screen 2.jpg

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#305 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Dad's finished! Yay!

Here is a little scene I mocked up, just cause I wanted to look at family resemblance. While we joke around a lot, the story itself is quite serious. Family life for the Amamiya family has been very brittle ever since Fuyuka's death, and it shows in the story.
Family scene 1.jpg

JustAnotherMe
Veteran
Projects: Kuro no Chou; 0.3 Second Lunch

#306 Post by JustAnotherMe »

wowww, so much resemblance. @_@ Now I really want to know their childhood. I bet even as a child, Shuuki is still evil, eh?
How I love Shuukiiiiii >w<
You are bigger than what you think but smaller than you can imagine.
0.3 second lunch

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#307 Post by Camille »

It's been a while! Here is a little demonstration of the time machine GUI in Break Chance Memento--particularly the help button.

There's a lot of buttons and things on the screen when time traveling, so I thought it'd be nice for there to be a permanent tutorial/help mode. If you ever forget what something does, you can just hover over it and get an explanation. Sure, all this is explained in the game and in the readme file, but I'm told visuals tend to help people remember things. (:

The bedroom background shown in this demonstration is a placeholder. Most everything else is as it should be.
Phew! I'm going to be making separate screens so the unhover will look better, but yep. I'm in the middle of a syntax change... Before, I was referring to the time travel items as BCMs, which got really confusing since the game is also called BCM. So now the items are just plain "mementos". Have to go through and change all instances of "BCM" to "memento" in the game now. XD Trying to get the first quarter of the game ready to go for the first round of beta testing. ^^

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#308 Post by Kura »

Help mode looking awesome! I like how unobtrusive the button is.
Has a lot of doodling in the margins, but it seems that Natsume drew those.
XD This is beautiful.

And yes, calling the items mementos makes things much less confusing. I definitely recall being confused the first time I saw you refer one of the items as a BCM.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#309 Post by Camille »

@Kura: Thanks! And thanks for the part you played in me deciding to put help mode in. XD This is way better than what was there before, though you'll never know. 8)

XD I thought you might like that. Indeed, if you look closely at it, you'll find that Natsume has drawn his favorite animal on the back cover:

A giraffe! Chiaki was not amused and rewarded Natsu with a sharp jab from his pen.

Yeah, I went back and was like "Calling them BCMs really doesn't make sense in context at all..." So now it's changed! :D Will have to go and fix it on the website and stuff, too... Later. xD

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#310 Post by Kura »

So this happened.

Unamused Chiaki is unamused.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#311 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Kura, OMG, that's sooooo cute :o I'm torn between awwwwing and laughing, especially with Chiaki's expression. We should figure out a way to put this into the game somewhere XD

I felt like doing something fun, so I drew Shuuki and Masaharu. I've had this image in my mind for a while, but was worried I wouldn't be able to draw it >_> But it pretty much came out how I wanted it to so I am very happy ^o^ This pretty much resembles how I view their relationship, and it probably familiar to anyone with siblings, especially male siblings. Masa is muuuuuuch stronger than Shuuki, and Shuuki knows it. Doesn't stop him from pushing Masaharu's buttons when he feels like being annoying, even though he knows he'll probably end up crushed on the floor if he ticks him off too much. It's the fun of being a sibling XD I still poke my brother into tests of physical strength, even though he is much bigger than me now.
Shuuki-and-Masaharu-sketch.png
Now I really must go work on sprites *creeps off*

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#312 Post by Camille »

Awww Kura that's adorable. XD Poor Chiaki, haha.

And yay more Auro sketches! Haha when I just glanced at the picture from a distance without reading the text, it looked like they were doing something else...................... /gets mind out of the gutter... That really does sum up their relationship, though. XD And yeah I used to boss my brother around, but then we grew up and now he's much taller than me and way stronger, too. ):

Also, lint report says:
Ren'Py 6.13.7.1646 lint report, generated at: Sat Dec 10 12:33:24 2011
Statistics: The game contains 2,550 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 42,941 words,
for an average of 16.8 words per screen.
The game contains 21 menus.
This contains: Shuuki chapters 1-2, Shuuki chapter 2 time travel scenes, and unedited Natsume chapter 1. I'm working on sprite-coding the chapter 2 time travel scenes today, and then my top priority will writing Shuuki chapter 3 so we can get the first beta out asap. /o/ I'm finally back in my own room (FOR GOOD) with furniture and everything, haha. There's still some painting left to do and I'm missing a lot of things, but at least now I can work. Also just bought a RAM upgrade for my computer, so I'll be able to work a bit better, too. :D Kicking my writing/coding into overdrive~

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#313 Post by Camille »

Auro and I have been busily working on BCM, as usual~ Some of you may have seen it when poking around the Cyanide Tea website before (it was rather empty and unused back then), but we've officially opened the Cyanide Tea forums now, so come and join us. :D In an attempt to not spam LSF with our microupdates, we're planning on keeping the thread(s) there more up-to-date and then maybe posting compilation update posts in this WIP thread from time to time. /o/ The forums are also where we'll be posting about the betas, various contests, and other stuff later on, so it would benefit you in more ways than one to join. <3 Hope to see you guys there~

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#314 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Merry Christmas everyone ^o^ Here, have a short comic. Now I need to draw one of them in shorts with an ice-cream because it's summer here god damnit.
Christmas.jpg

natsumachi
Regular
Completed: Re∞Birth [BL]
Projects: Ferfecir [BL]
Organization: Milky Cherry

#315 Post by natsumachi »

lmao d'awwwwww that comic is so cute. Natsume and his giraffes...
also seconding the summer theme!