[BL] Break Chance Memento / first post updated 12/28/2011

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
babyfish
Veteran
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:57 pm
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#61 Post by babyfish » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:49 pm

I had a dream the other night that all the main characters had beards. The game was renamed to Beard Chance Memento and the poor beardless antagonist's reasoning suddenly became "I'M PUNISHING ALL OF YOU BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A BEARD AND YOU GUYS DO ):" I woke up very confused. XD I think stubble would at least suit Masaharu, though. The idea of Shuuki with a beard (WHICH I SAW IN MY DREAM) is somewhat horrifying.


Do I smell a potential parody here?! O_O

Maybe if you ever feel like it, you can include a small skit as a bonus or something in the final game. XD

As always, beautiful artwork, and interesting plot hooks. Although MJ is the one I'm waiting for, I look forward to playing this game as well. :)
Image
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

User avatar
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1223
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#62 Post by Camille » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:01 pm

babyfish wrote:Do I smell a potential parody here?! O_O

Maybe if you ever feel like it, you can include a small skit as a bonus or something in the final game. XD

As always, beautiful artwork, and interesting plot hooks. Although MJ is the one I'm waiting for, I look forward to playing this game as well. :)

Maybe! 8D Well, Auro has already drawn Natsume with a beard... Basically this all started when the two of us started talking about what the brothers would look like in the future, and she (somewhat playfully, I think) suggested Natsume have a beard. Q_Q I'm not one for bearded guys, though I did date this guy in an otoge just because he was voiced by Konishi Katsuyuki sobsob...

Thank you thank you! I hope everyone can enjoy both MJ and BCM even though they're so different from one another. :3
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!

User avatar
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Posts: 3059
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:02 am
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#63 Post by Auro-Cyanide » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:07 am

Camille wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:@Camille
I see the facial hair joke going on. Who wants to bet I draw Masaharu with stubble before this project is done?

I had a dream the other night that all the main characters had beards. The game was renamed to Beard Chance Memento and the poor beardless antagonist's reasoning suddenly became "I'M PUNISHING ALL OF YOU BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A BEARD AND YOU GUYS DO ):" I woke up very confused. XD I think stubble would at least suit Masaharu, though. The idea of Shuuki with a beard (WHICH I SAW IN MY DREAM) is somewhat horrifying.


Pfffft. I don't even know how to visualise that.

I don't really like beards anyway. 5 o'clock shadow on the other hand is very manly and sexy~ That said, I don't even know how that would work visually given their ethnicity and the bleached hair XD

User avatar
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1223
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#64 Post by Camille » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:31 am

Auro-Cyanide wrote:Pfffft. I don't even know how to visualise that.

I don't really like beards anyway. 5 o'clock shadow on the other hand is very manly and sexy~ That said, I don't even know how that would work visually given their ethnicity and the bleached hair XD

Good, because I personally have been trying to get the mental image out of my head since I saw it. T_T

Lol I guess maybe in this bonus skit, they all dye their hair black again? I think the Amamiyas would make very nice classic Japanese beauties, too. ;_; I'm imagining them all in yukatas now with their natural black hair, serving tea or something. My friends and I have put all of these characters in very varied settings before, just for fun. BCM is just one of many universes they have been in. XD (Masaharu's creator made up an underwater mermaid sort of world for them... you can probably only imagine what that was like!)
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!

User avatar
Celestie
Veteran
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#65 Post by Celestie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Truth is, despite this, he still cares for Masaharu - not that he'd ever show it.

This is what prompted me to say Shuuki sounds liek a tsundere. Not a hardcore one if you say he is honest about his feelings - that's what makes him more of a deadpan snarker than anything else, so the tsundere part might be small, but if the above statement stands, my claim of him being a tsundere does, too xD

I love you more and more. Not being tired of Yusa Kouji's voice, 'specially since he voices yandere archetypes...mostly, with a few exceptions, and now you say you like Iku, too. While I dunno, 80% of the others seem to hate him. THEN AGAIN I NEVER PLAYED THE GAME YET and dunno if i might hate how he deals with stuff, but I am biased already so teh chances of me disliking him are nonexistent anyway xD But, yeah, I only meant the concept of dead twin sister and her death being the trigger for some issues the character has, I have no idea about how thsoe two deal with it, aside from Iku being some kind of hinted manwhore and playing around because he thinks love is a game and so on and so forth.

Hm...that bearded guy you linked us to...I know him from somewhere, I saw him somewhere already. ...AHH, isn't he from some new H-otome game? Darn, I wish I could understand Japanese, I want to play, too TAT

And that dream sounds hilarious...but stubbles, even those shadow-ish beards hurt when they are rubbed against someone else's skin! Damn you, dad! Sexy nevertheless to look at 8D I mean, when it isn't my dad.
Last edited by Celestie on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

User avatar
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1223
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#66 Post by Camille » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:34 pm

@Celestie: Lol I think that's just typical sibling behavior. I'm certainly not a tsundere, but I give my brother a hard time even though I love him. But yeah. A tsundere, according to Wiki, is "a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time". That does not describe Shuuki whatsoever. :wink:

I'm pretty sure Yusa is a pretty popular seiyuu, haha. In fandom, I've certainly not seen many people who hate/dislike him. Iku is not a manwhore. D: He tries to look like he is one, but mostly fails. (he like, starts freaking out if you try to hold his hand) But I guess it's hard to tell that if you haven't played the game, haha.
This is kind of a sore spot for me because fandom likes to portray Iku as a rapist/playboy/whatever when that's just not true at all.


Mm the bearded guy is from "Akazukin to Mayoi Mori". :3
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!

User avatar
Celestie
Veteran
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#67 Post by Celestie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 am

...
...
...
Image
DAMN YOU WIKI.

Fine, you are right. Though not the wiki convinced me...mostly, but the fact thet is its indeed rather typical in sibling relationships. Though since Shuuki and his brother in question can end up together, I still think there is at least a steak of tsundere trait Shuuki has there. Granted, maybe it's more kuudere, as the deredere-part of him is minimal and in fact only is seen in his "denying that he cares for the sibling even though he does" and I guess being more of a deadpan snarker makes him an detached, distanced person more than a tsuntsun person. Or just someone who is very prone to frowning and snarking. To me, someone is tsundere or has tsundere traits if he acts obnoxious or something and actually cares for that person, just would never ever admit it out aloud. ...and I stop now before I end up sprouting more nonsense because I can't take being wrong. I know I am a horrible person 8D I really should be careful with these character archetypes...

(Well, that's probably because it's either you like Starry Sky or hate it - and the game reviewers were certainly not kind to the plot, that is indeed somewhat boring, and characters, especially Iku. ...but seriously? HOW CUTE *A* But it doesn't change the fact that the anime did portray him as ...well, wannabe-playboy and personal-space-invading guy just to freak out the female. And Gemini character traits are 'cunning, 'witty'' and superficial' amongst others. I still love him, though. Cancer is worse, though, changeable and moody, overemotional and touchy, clinging and unable to let go...o_O
...well. Reviewers say if it was a R18 game, Iku might be the residential yandere rapist, so. Starry Sky has four yandere; Suzuya, Homare, Iku and Hayato, and somehow because of Iku's apparent manwhoring people exaggerate and see him as potential rapist the most out of the four. Well, and teh palyboy idea comes naturally, what with iku 'playing around' because he says love is a game he won't lose blablabla xD

Okay, enough off-topicness xD)

And yes, the title rings a bell. Some Little Red Riding Hood esque H-otome game, I think....
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

User avatar
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1223
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#68 Post by Camille » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:23 am

@Celestie: The fact that Masaharu is obtainable doesn't change the fact that he and Shuuki are brothers. D: That part of their relationship will always come first. I mean, you can interpret Shuuki as a tsundere as much as you want, but his original creator and I are not intending whatsoever for him to be one. XD

Right, well, I know which reviewers you're talking about and they obviously didn't play Autumn properly. As much as I love Iku and love yanderes, Iku is not a yandere in any sense of the word. Yusa has played quite a few yanderes--he was even a seiyuu in the Yandere Heaven CDs. But Iku isn't one. Out of that whole list, the only one that truly displays yandere behavior is Hayato. Homare and Suzuya are just barely almosts, at least in the games themselves. Like, if the game was for older audiences, maybe. Homare is arguably a yandere because of his split personality, but that doesn't appear at all in the games, only the drama CDs. Fandom just likes to blow things out of proportion, then half the people who have not/will never play the games get the wrong impression based on crappy reviews. Anyway, like I said, Iku doesn't actually play around or do anything rapist-like whatsoever. He just pretends he does because he wants to look cool. >_> The idea that he's a rapist is ridiculous. Please don't use the crappy anime to interpret/judge my favorite otome game character without playing Autumn, lol.

tl;dr lol I already said this was a bit of a sore spot for me.
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!

User avatar
Celestie
Veteran
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#69 Post by Celestie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Camille 1:0 Celestie orz...I wanted to be defeated and then walk away with dignity but I am afraid you totally crsuhed me with arguments that are way more valid and though throw than mine, I fail so hard *sobs*
And this taught me I cannot rely on my definition of tsundere because that one is way too...simple. And that i fail at these arguments. Freely admitting defeat. *gonk*

THAT'S TOTALLY WHY I WANT TO PLAY THE GAMES. Sadly for now I can only rely on reviews and those seem to critisize Starry Sky terribly and I still cannot help but love it. And sadly, for now the anime is also my only source of information on the guys. ...I am sorry if I offended you, agitated you or any of the likes. D: Never planned to, I just wanted to say what I thought or know of for now, knowing thsi will not be my final opinion and view on Starry Sky.

Also... ... ... o_O *goes checking on Yandere Heaven* I know and listened to volume 1 & 2, needless to say I still don't understand a word of Japanese, whether written or spoken, but IT CREEPED ME out and yet I loved it ._.; I didn't know there are more volumes...and now that I look, a forth is bing announced. But there is one with Yusa Kouji? I want......

Oh, and...IGNORE FANDOM, if it annoys you, seriously, it isn't worth your time and nerves to work yourself up on them...good thing it's ...err, 'just' a sore spot, and I am happy you took the time pointing out my view is very shallow (dun blame me, it's the inability of mine to play the game for now, to understand the CDs and also I didn't read the reveiws other than their oevrall opinion because I didn't want to spoiler me too much.)


To get back to on-topicness, do you plan to share that mock-image of a bearded Natsume? 8D
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

User avatar
aestate
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:36 pm
Projects: Twinkle Twinkle
Location: Canada... eh.
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#70 Post by aestate » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:24 pm

I adore BL games and sci-fi so I'll be eagerly awaiting this game~(BTW, your writing is so amusing to read; I was snickering as I read your character descriptions. SHUUKI FTW WOO.) Also, sorry if someone's already asked before, but does "Break Chance Memento" actually mean something or does it just sound cool? >.>;;

AND! Such pretty sprites~Auro-Cyanide's colouring is so detailed and realistic. *jelly*

Camille wrote:I had a dream the other night that all the main characters had beards. The game was renamed to Beard Chance Memento and the poor beardless antagonist's reasoning suddenly became "I'M PUNISHING ALL OF YOU BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A BEARD AND YOU GUYS DO ):" I woke up very confused. XD I think stubble would at least suit Masaharu, though. The idea of Shuuki with a beard (WHICH I SAW IN MY DREAM) is somewhat horrifying.

I-I love you.
tumblr.Umbrella Cookie.dA.
Current Project: Twinkle Twinkle.

User avatar
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1223
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#71 Post by Camille » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:09 pm

@Celestie: Nobody really "wins" in an "argument", haha. Don't worry about it. :0 Anyway I don't know if this image was actually meant to be seen by anyone, but I suppose it's too golden not to share.

Image
Note: This is not what future!Natsume looks like. At all. T_T

@aestate: Haha thanks! (: I don't really consider myself as having a sense of humor, so I'm glad that other people think my writing's funny. Totally unintentional, I assure you. 8D (and yes, I'm jealous of Auro's art, too. it's good that I've long since given up on acquiring any drawing ability. XD)

Good question! Also I'm glad you think BCM sounds cool, because the actual meaning is kind of cheesy. "Break chance" (or "break point") is a tennis term. In general, the server sort of has an advantage in tennis because they get to set the pace of that game from the beginning. It's much easier to give than to receive. So if the receiver wins a game even though he's not serving, it's a "break" aka as he broke the server's serve. (idk why it's called a "break", really, but that's what it is) A "break chance" is when the receiver is ahead of the server, points-wise, in a game and only needs to score one more point to win that game.

From Shuuki's perspective, he's behind the antagonist. He doesn't know how the antagonist is carrying out these murders, nor does he know why. However, he can sort of reverse his chances if he finds the proper "mementos", or items that connect to a moment in time he needs information from. He saves the victim and evens the score again. So they're break chance mementos because these items give Shuuki (receiver) the chance to get ahead of the antagonist (server), who's currently setting the pace. It's kind of stupid, lol. I couldn't think up a name for the longest time, so that's what I came up with on the spot. I didn't actually expect anyone to ask, but hopefully that answers your question. XD
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!

User avatar
Celestie
Veteran
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#72 Post by Celestie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:50 pm

...oh god. Oh god I can't stop laughing xDDDD Damn you, bearded!Natsume, you look hilarious, especially with that "Oh, is that so?" kind of face I can totally hear him say "Aa, sou desuka?" This is priceless! Should totally included as an extra if you plan to, say, include some development sketches as extra as a little bonus for completing the first playthrough or soemthing I am clearly remembering Jisei, that did that.

Will read the explanation of the title later. For now I squeal at an apparently flustered/slightly worked up Iku and a surprisingly calm Naoshi in the countdown special of After Autumn's homepage. Damn, once again I wish I understood Japanese ;_; I can't even save it somewhere to reisten once I would understand it.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

User avatar
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1223
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:43 pm
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: Spirit Parade
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
Skype: thievinghearts
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#73 Post by Camille » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 am

Sorry the quality's not as good as my normal screencasts. :| Since updating to Lion, it pretty much broke my Screenflow app and makes it so I have all sorts of audio problems with my videos, so I had to export this whole thing as a movie file (despite being only 1 minute long, it's almost 200MB), and then upload that to YouTube instead of publishing the video to YouTube directly as I do usually to preserve quality. Anyway:



Lalala a Break Chance Memento teaser featuring clips of what my ideal Japanese voice cast for the main five would be if I was a billionaire of some sort and could hire them all. (this game is not going to be voiced because I don't think I could find 5 male VAs willing to voice a BL game for free/love/cookies) Art/GUIs are placeholders. So basically this video is pretty pointless, I was just bored.

If you understand Japanese, what they're saying has nothing to do with the dialogue on the screen (though I suppose Yukinari's is sort of related), and the dialogue on the screen has nothing to do with anything. Those lines might not even be used in the game EVER, I just felt like having something on the screen while the clips played. XD It was tough finding decent clips of all these seiyuu... For Masaharu's, I seriously could not find any decent tsundere-ish clips that would fit the seiyuu his creator wanted, so I had to pick another one. /biased! For Yukinari's, almost all of the CDs I have of that seiyuu are BLCDs orz. I hope this is somewhat entertaining nonetheless. xD

If you can correctly name all five seiyuu, you get a prize! Haven't decided yet what that prize is, but it will be sparkly!
1/2 of Cyanide Tea | Break Chance Memento (BL) | Spirit Parade (Otome) | Portfolio/List of Works/Contact
I'm not around LSF very much these days; please contact me via Skype/Twitter. Ask me things!

User avatar
EzzyAlpha
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:32 pm
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#74 Post by EzzyAlpha » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:12 am

*le gasp* THEY SOUND SO MANLY

I kinda recognize the last one but I can't remember the name -_-;

And Masa's sounds a bit like Kazuya Nakai but that's probably not it.

User avatar
Celestie
Veteran
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#75 Post by Celestie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:21 am

Chiaki has Kamiya Hiroshi's voice 8D Yukinari's voice would be Kaji Yuki Isn't that from Yandere Heaven? Could be wrong but...I thought it sounded familiar. And I think Shuuki's voice sounds like Fukuyama Jun's. And...I am lost with Natsume and Masaharu, sadly. I know I heard Masaharu's voice in some Drama CD before...hmmm...but it DOES sound like Kazuya Nakai but don't take my word for it.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: polaroidcaesar