[BL] Break Chance Memento / first post updated 12/28/2011

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

Re: [BL] Break Chance Memento -- GERMAN DEMO RELEASED 11/12

#256 Post by Tag- »

Egad, I think the fangirl in me just overheated and exploded when I saw Fukuyama was Shuuki's dream voice~ I'm quite liking Masaharu's dream seiyuu too OvO

I think these voices solidified Shuuki and Yukinari as my favourites 8D''
PM me if needed

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#257 Post by Deji »

Tag- wrote:Egad, I think the fangirl in me just overheated and exploded when I saw Fukuyama was Shuuki's dream voice~ I'm quite liking Masaharu's dream seiyuu too OvO

I think these voices solidified Shuuki and Yukinari as my favourites 8D''
^^^
This xD
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#258 Post by Camille »

Aww I'm glad you guys enjoyed the voices. :Db

I just sent out an email to a few people about beta testing for BCM. (also sent out stuff to the contest winners) They had really detailed, critical feedback survey responses and that's what we really need during beta testing. I think all of those people are on this forum, so check your emails. o3o We'll probably recruit a few more beta testers later, but this should do it for the first round of beta testing.

Auro is finishing up the sprite for the main antagonist of BCM that we unfortunately can't show to you guys. /)_(\ But the sprite is gorgeous. I'm excited for everyone to meet the antagonist eventually. <3

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#259 Post by Kura »

Ack, so the beta should be out during my finals probably. D; Oh well, I'll probably just use proofreading as an excuse to procrastinate on studying anyway.

Also, if said PDF book were a print book I would probably get it. :D

That step-by-step drawing is really cool! Especially seeing how he gets more and more distinctly Shuuki-looking as the drawings progress. And wow you do a lot of sketching, haha.

On the note of BCM characters making random appearances in your subconscious: I started to doze off in class today and later discovered I'd written "protected Amamiya" in my notes. I don't even know. I may have been teasing myself about falling asleep in class by comparing myself to Natsume?
Still, Deji's dream sounds fun. XD

Whooo contest end. I hope people still keep plugging BCM anyway, haha.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#260 Post by Camille »

Well, each round of beta will go on for at least a few weeks, so even if it's released during finals, you can always wait until you're done with them before tackling the game. XD

That is such a bizarre thing to write in your notes, but awesome. :D Don't turn too much into Natsume, though, as I think your academic life may suffer greatly...

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#261 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

*mumble*Everyone having dreams about the characters, I'm not getting dreams*mumble* Probably a good thing though. I don't know how much I would get done at work if I was think about BCM o.o

Aaaaaanyway, I finished the antagonists sprite. Well, technically it's not totally finished, but none of the sprites are, so that's okay...

So, since I can't show you, have Kyousuke, fully materialised, instead ^_^
Kyousuke sprite sheet.jpg

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#262 Post by Aiurax »

Oh-ho. Hello tight-spandex-man (that could be his superhero name!)
Let's be friends.

I'm very curious about who the antagonist is. I have my suspicisions though D:

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#263 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@Kura, yeah, multiple sketches is something I have gotten myself used to :) It's easier then trying to get things right the first time.
The book, if we do it, will be done in InDesign, so I will set up bleed just in case. I can export it for online or print that way.

@Aiurax
Haha, Kyousuke ended up more popular than I thought he would ^_^ I'm glad for him. I had fun designing the outfit, do the futuristic design and the glowy bits.
Ah, the plot thickens >:D I'll be excited to see how people react to everything, the murders, the endings, everything. I know I was surprised about how things go in the story, so I hope others can be drawn into it as well.

WIP sprite. This one is only a secondary one, of the Dorm Mother... I'm pretty sure she has a name, I just can't remember it. I'm seeing how much time differences there are between a full sprite and a secondary sprite in the style I'm doing now.
screen 1.jpg
screen 2.jpg
I have 7 more sprites to do after this (including the male and female dolls), plus expanding the current ones. We have decided to also diversify the boy's wardrobes to add another level of detail. The story takes place over about a year, so I wanted to add 4-5 more outfits just to spice things up a bit. I have the bases made already, so hopefully it won't take too much time.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#264 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

And, finished sprite. Wooooooh! Took a little bit less time than I expected.
Dorm-Mother-sprite.png

MiSi
Veteran
Completed: Santa
Projects: On Grey Wings, The Master's Call, Shadowborn ...while having many more in mind ;)

#265 Post by MiSi »

Great work! She sure looks motherly to me (kinda reminds me of my own mother :D )

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#266 Post by Camille »

The dorm mother's name is Hisako. XD She's a spacey, somewhat careless person, but she means well.
After walking through the front doors, the three Amamiya brothers are greeted by a woman with a big smile plastered on her face.

Dorm Mother: Oh, you must be the Amamiyas! We’ve been expecting you. I’m the dorm mother here.

From what Shuuki can remember, the “dorm mother” of a dorm is very much like a manager. She makes sure everyone is getting along and that basic chores are being done, but she herself does little. Sometimes if they’re particularly generous, the dorm mother may do some of the cooking and cleaning, but in a dorm this large, Shuuki guesses that the duties will be split up amongst the tenants.

Their dorm mother quickly explains the rules of the dorms—no girls allowed, everyone must take turns doing chores … that sort of thing. The only thing that sticks out to Shuuki is the fact that because there are so few bathrooms in the boys’ dorm, everyone has to sign up for bathroom shifts. You can only bathe in your designated bathroom at your designated time and only once a day, at most. Luckily Shuuki isn’t a total clean freak or this would probably be pretty annoying.

When she starts talking about the room assignments, however, Natsume interrupts.

Natsume: Wait, we’re all in different rooms?
Dorm Mother: Well, of course. It’s only two to a room here, so there’s no way you all could’ve been in a room together.

Shuuki can see the worry on Natsume’s face, but Natsume doesn’t say anything further.

Shuuki: Come on, Ani-ue, we’ll all be in the dorms together, anyway. It’s not that big of a building.
Natsume: So I can visit you whenever I want?
Masaharu: … don’t push your luck.
Chiaki: Oh, hey! So you’re my new roommate, huh?
Shuuki: You didn’t know?
Chiaki: I just knew it’d be one of you three. Hisako-san didn’t specify which.
Shuuki: Hisako-san?
Chiaki: Oh, Hisako-san’s the dorm mother. She wanted to promote “inter-dorm friendliness” or something, so she has us call her that.
Shuuki: Seems kind of pretentious.
Chiaki: Yeah… Well, she’s not really around much, anyway, so we kinda do whatever. As long as you’re careful about your scheduled bathroom times, the rest of the rules are pretty much relaxed.

Aiurax
Regular
Projects: Becoming Wishful

#267 Post by Aiurax »

I have a sneaking suspicion that Hisako-san is the type to carry around a meat cleaver.
It's just the vibe I get from her.
So awesome.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#268 Post by Aleema »

Getting hot Tron guy vibes from Kyousuke. And I like.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#269 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

@MiSi, Thanks ^_^ I'm glad she gives off the type of vibe I intended~

@Aiurax, BWHAHAHAHA, You will be suspecting everyone of murder by the end XD

@Aleema, I can confirm both Tron and Hugh Jackman from X-men were used as inspiration for Kyousuke's outfit :Q

I... have been trying to figure out some kind of schedule because I fear that I will take too long to get done what I want to get done by mid next year. I don't want to delay the release if I can help it after all.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀

#270 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Sprite WIP, this time of Natsume's Boss. Natsume works at a confectionary shop at the time of the game, not know what the future holds for him...
The Boss is pretty grumpy and apparently stingy with air conditioning.
screen 1.jpg
screen 2.jpg
I should be able to get him finished tomorrow after work. I think I'm doing okay with the progress for once XD