[BL] Break Chance Memento / first post updated 12/28/2011

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Re: [WIP BxB] Break Chance Memento

#76 Post by Camille »

@EzzyAlpha: Nope, not Nakai. XD His voice isn't deep enough to be Nakai. I think Shuuki and Yukinari don't sound all that manly. 8D

@Celestie: You got most of them, but Masa's not Nakai, haha.

Celestie
Veteran

#77 Post by Celestie »

...I wasn't sure with Shuuki, actually, glad to be right once xD Since I am still totally lost with Natsume, sadly, my next guess for Masaharu's would be Yasumoto Hiroki.
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

aestate
Regular
Projects: Twinkle Twinkle

#78 Post by aestate »

Seriously, Camille, you put so much thought into the concepts of this VN. *mind is blown* ANDDD I fail at recognising seiyuu, so...hahaha (Celestie & Ezzy, how are you so prooo). Just wanted to comment that the seiyuu you chose for Yukinari has such an adorable voice~ >w<
tumblr.Umbrella Cookie.dA.
Current Project: Twinkle Twinkle.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#79 Post by Camille »

@Celestie: Come on, Yasumoto's voice is even lower than Nakai's. XD;

@aestate: Haha aww, thank you. I think the name is so cheesy, but at least it abbreviates pretty well. I will be pretty amazed if someone gets Natsu and Masa's seiyuu because those are a little tricky unless you're really into the seiyuu scene, I think. And yes, Kaji Yuuki is adorable. ;A;

On a more productive note, chapter one is almost done, I just have to do some editing/elaborating, so I guess it's at about 95%? After this, I'll go back and write Natsume's chapter one. I'm going to be writing their chapters side-by-side so that details stay consistent because they're two perspectives of (mostly) the same story, though they definitely go about things differently. It's not as easy as saying "oh when Natsume is the MC, the only thing that happens is the love interests react differently". I have to write completely new content, so it's like two games in one.

I also finished the official website for the moment. Not much new stuff there, but now you can see the awesome logo that Auro made, and all the important info in one place. /o/ Whoo productivity~

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#80 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Celestie wrote:...oh god. Oh god I can't stop laughing xDDDD Damn you, bearded!Natsume, you look hilarious, especially with that "Oh, is that so?" kind of face I can totally hear him say "Aa, sou desuka?" This is priceless! Should totally included as an extra if you plan to, say, include some development sketches as extra as a little bonus for completing the first playthrough or soemthing I am clearly remembering Jisei, that did that.
I think we will probably do something like that in some form or another and include concept work, random sketches, artwork etc. I always love looking at concept art and processes for games <3
Non-game art will probably be created along the line somewhere, near the end (like the three brothers with black hair and yukuta~)

How do you guys remember the full names of all these VAs? D: I can barely remember the characters names, let alone the actors.

Celestie
Veteran

#81 Post by Celestie »

Camille wrote:@Celestie: Come on, Yasumoto's voice is even lower than Nakai's. XD;
xD that's true and I knew you'd say that, that is why I already thought of my excuse. I say that they aren't seiyuu without reason and they can make theitr voice lighter...or lower, depending on what is needed, while still haveing a distinct sound (if I am lucky...). Oh well, at least I can say I tried xD But now I give up, clearly, I only know the famous ones and then also only those who voice my favorite characters; I am biased. :D

And yay~ concept arts are fun. And sometimes you find a jewel like Character A was supposed to be a girl, then the mangaka changed her mind and made her a him. I know, won't happen in this one, but bearded!Natsume is about as good *A*
Auro-Cyanide wrote:How do you guys remember the full names of all these VAs?
...well, that's what wikipedia is for, right? xD At least for those I don't know well or can't remember the full names of, as well. I do have a set of favorite seiyuu whose names I just decided to learn (romanized, still cannot read Japanese) to save the trip to wikipedia and animenewsnetwork xD
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

EzzyAlpha
Regular

#82 Post by EzzyAlpha »

Lol, I once named a character after Nakai, so his name stuck. And he voices a main character of my favorite anime so it's hard to forget.

Arcanum
Veteran

#83 Post by Arcanum »

Ohh, shinny website! I really adore what you do with them, they're so… spacious and pretty ohoho.
I'm glad the first chapter is almost complete, I hope there will be a teaser to it *g*?

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#84 Post by Camille »

@Celestie: I have a friend who calls Yasumoto the "Japanese Barry White", lol. I have yet to hear Yasumoto voice anyone and not sound super loooooooooooow. :P Some seiyuu can vary their pitch, yes. It seems he isn't one of them. XD

@Arcanum: I'd love to do a teaser, but not sure how? XD I only did MJ teasers to show off voice actors... Should I do a video? Or just post up the script? XD Dunnooooo. We can probably get a demo (chapter one only) out in a couple of weeks when Auro finishes the sprites and Lazcht finishes the GUIs, though.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#85 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

If anyone is interested in seeing sprite WIPs for the game, I put some up here: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/ Masaharu's WIP is there as I'm working on him at the moment :P

Celestie
Veteran

#86 Post by Celestie »

That's true, I never heard Yasumoto with a lighter pitch before; Germany, or Agni or Aotabo...all of them are kinda brute characters with fittingly low voices that Yasumoto does perfectly. But I was thinking maybe there is some role where he had to talk a bit lighter than usual...8D Since I thought to be in the seiyuu business you gotta be able to sing (arguably so xD), have a voice thet is both good and interesting or that you can make interesting and of course acting skills that you can convey via your voice. And of course various pitches because you'd be used in different roles; or on live events being prompted to sound totally different...or...something. That's just what I thought xD

WO-AH, Masaharu has such a sexy body *A* And you kill off that poor guy? The female (and male, 'specially in-game) popularity will NOT take this loss well...so Shuuki better finds a way to prevent it from happening >8D

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#87 Post by Camille »

All the guys get killed off. :P Yep, Shuuki's got a lot to do!

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#88 Post by Camille »

Progress! If you're following Auro's tumblr, you might have seen this already. Last night as practice and to cheer up a friend, I wrote a NSFW Amamiyacest fic that's just short of 4,000 words. (the things I do for friendship??) While it's technically a threesome fic, it's mostly Natsume/Masaharu + a whole lot of introspection on Masaharu's part. It's not going to fit in with the canon of BCM exactly, but I can provide the link to the .RTF if anyone else is actually interested in reading it. (wasn't any response to the last two BCM-related fics I posted about, so not sure if anyone actually reads them, hehe xD)

Anyway, the game itself is coming along pretty well. This is the latest mock-up of the dialogue box:

Disclaimer: That's not the font I'll actually be using for dialogue, that's now how the BGs will look, this is only a temporary mock-up blah blah blah. We're going for a traditional Japanese meets futuristic style, which is interesting.

Also, re: the secret dateable character, it's probably not going to happen, after all. This is what I told Auro:
The more I think about Kyousuke, the more I feel like it's probably best that he not be obtainable. I mean, if I make him romanceable, I feel like it'd just be for the sake of making him romanceable. I can't think of any way that his route could be meaningful and anything but [SPOILER!!!]. I do like writing [SPOILER!!!], but not when they're meaningless. D: As obsessed as he is with [SPOILER!!!], I can't see that Kyousuke has space in his heart for anyone else. There are a few other characters written by my friends for our original project that didn't make it into BCM, so I feel like it'd be cheating them if I made a random NPC obtainable, too.
tl;dr, sorry. XD

Joey
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#89 Post by Joey »

That UI... :Q__________________
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr

Arcanum
Veteran

#90 Post by Arcanum »

*waves arms* I want the fic! Yes, I want it… (Yes, I'm sorry, it was the promise of NSFW and Masaharu… <- terrible human being)

As for the GUI, it's very, VERY pretty, but I hope it doesn't cover the characters so much in the final version >0> It's such a pity when Auro's design in so lovely too.